My Hero Academia - Anime Rendition (Pre-Air Discussions)

River26

Those that like Marvel/D.C and those super hero shows, may want to give this a try.

Talkbacks:
-Season 1 (13) -Season 2 (25) -Season 3 (25) -Season 4 (25) -Season 5 (25) -Season 6 (25)
Streaming started October 1, 2022
Streaming English Dub started October 15, 2022
01 (114) A Quiet Beginning
02 (115) Mirko, the No.5 Hero
03 (116) One's Justice
04 (117) Inheritance
05 (118) The Thrill of Destruction
06 (119) Encounter, Part 2
07 (120) Disaster Walker
08 (121) League of Villains vs. U.A. Students
07 (122) Disaster Walker
08 (123) League of Villains vs. U.A. Students
09 (124) Katsuki Bakugo: Rising
10 (125) The Ones Within Us
11 (126) Dabi's Dance
12 (127) Threads of Hope (3/4/23 on Adult Swim)
13 (128) Final Performance
14 (129) Hellish Hell
15 (130) Tartarus
16 (131) The Hellish Todoroki Family, Part 2
17 (132) The Wrong Way to Put Out a Fire
18 (133) Izuku Midoriya and Tomura Shigaraki
19 (134) Full Power
20 (135) Hired Gun
21 (136) The Lovely Lady Nagant
22 (137) Friend
23 (138) Deku VS Class A
24 (139) A Young Woman's Declaration
25 (140) No Man Is an Island (4/22/23 on Adult Swim)

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Screw superheroes Im here for Asui Tsuyu aka Froppy

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

River26

Yeah. Also seems to have that Legends of Tomorrow feel to it. Where people don't cooperate with each other.

Dudley

Staff member
I heard about the manga, but I never got a chance to read it. I hope it'll be good.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
A lot of people are saying its the best new Shonen Jump manga in a while. In theory, that should translate into a good anime, unless the director somehow really messes up, or we get one of those lesser anime only endings.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I tried reading the manga for a little bit but the art style was a little off-putting. Similarly here, not crazy about the character designs. The eyes just creep me out.

River26

River26

My Hero Academia comes to FUNimation.

FUNimation Entertainment announced on Tuesday that it has acquired the exclusive international rights to the televisionanime of Kōhei Horikoshi's My Hero Academia (Boku no Hero Academia) manga. The license includes streaming, home video, broadcast distribution, video on demand, and merchandise.

Funimation will stream the series in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland as it airs in Japan.

Viz Media is publishing the manga, and it describes the story:

What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called "Quirks" at age four? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless?

Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he hasn't got an ounce of power in him. With no chance of ever getting into the prestigious U.A. High School for budding heroes, his life is looking more and more like a dead end. Then an encounter with All Might, the greatest hero of them all, gives him a chance to change his destiny...

River26

2nd season has been confirmed.
- Sports Festival

This year's 30th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is revealing on Monday that the My Hero Academia television anime series will get a second season. The issue will also reveal a new visual for the anime featuring Izuku Midoriya, All Might, and Tomura Shigaraki (the visual pictured at right is an older visual from the first season). The announcement also reveals that the second season will cover the U.A. Sports Festival arc of Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga.

MHA's 2nd Season

River26

2nd season airs on March 25th

ac5d5fad5a75ce7c640f87089843db6d.jpg

The second volume of Anri Takashi's Boku no Hero Academia Yūei Hakusho novel is revealing on Friday that the second season of the My Hero Academia television anime will premiere on March 25. The series will air on Saturdays at 5:30 p.m. on the NTV (Nippon TV) and YTV (Yomiuri TV) channels.

The new season's cast members include Azu Sakura as Mei Hatsume, Saki Ogasawara as Itsuka Kendō, and Kōji Okino as Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Miho Masaka as Ibara Shiozaki, and Kōhei Amasaki as Neito Monoma.

Kenji Nagasaki is returning to direct the series at BONES, with Yousuke Kuroda returning to write and oversee the scripts. Yoshihiko Umakoshi is again serving as the character designer and chief animation director, and Yuuki Hayashi is also returning to compose the music. The main cast from the first season is also returning.

The new season will cover the U.A. Sports Festival arc of Horikoshi's original manga.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I did watch the series, and it certainly turned out better than what I expected. What's the show in a nutshell? It's Naruto, except with superheroes instead of ninjas. Still, the designs and buggy eyes definitely still creep me out. Not my favorite art style for an anime/manga.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts