My Hero Academia - Anime Rendition (Pre-Air Discussions)

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I'm pretty excited for the new season. As far as I know, Crunchyroll still doesn't have the dub available on their website yet, but hopefully that will change before the new season premieres.

Dub is on a different show page than the series as a whole. For some reason, they do that with Attack on Titan's dub too. They have it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Dub is on a different show page than the series as a whole. For some reason, they do that with Attack on Titan's dub too. They have it.

Oh that makes way more sense. Thank you. Given how popular the series is, I figured that they would have uploaded it from the Funimation website pretty quickly, but I could only find the Japanese version. Some of their other titles include tabs for subs and dubs, so I assumed that was going to be the case for the series too.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Yay, no recap episode and it sounds like the animation quality for the first episode of this season is going to be better than the last few episodes of season 5. Hoping it can stay consistent throughout.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
After years of watching on Toonami, it might even feel a bit weird following the dub on Crunchyroll.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
After years of watching on Toonami, it might even feel a bit weird following the dub on Crunchyroll.

I'm hyped for the dub Hopefully, the talkback threads for MHA season 6 won't be the ghost town Mob Psycho 100's is. It feels like Toonzoners seem to only want to talk about anime if it airs on Toonami and former Toonami franchises like Demon Slayer and Mob Psycho 100 get hardly any discussion over here in the anime forum. Let's see if the Toonami forum peeps show up here for the talkback thread or not.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I'm hyped for the dub Hopefully, the talkback threads for MHA season 6 won't be the ghost town Mob Psycho 100's is. It feels like Toonzoners seem to only want to talk about anime if it airs on Toonami and former Toonami franchises like Demon Slayer and Mob Psycho 100 get hardly any discussion over here in the anime forum. Let's see if the Toonami forum peeps show up here for the talkback thread or not.

To be fair, I wonder how many people in this forum even have Crunchyroll accounts…

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
To be fair, I wonder how many people in this forum even have Crunchyroll accounts…

There's a lot of Toonami forum regulars who don't so much as set foot in the anime forum. Probably not a lot. Most of the talkback threads here aren't very active, with the exception of the SpyXFamily thread. The subtitled episodes of season 6 are also on Hulu. Really, I'm not expecting the Toonami forum peeps to migrate here for season 6.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
3/25/23: Romi Park will voice new character Star and Stripe for season 7.

5/13: Summer event set for August 6 in Tokyo.

6/16: Season 7 poster.

8/6: A fourth movie was announced.

It is an original story that takes place after the war in season 6 when society has collapsed.

9/15: Season 6 Part 1 Blu-ray/DVD releases on December 19.

9/17: New OVA featuring Mirio announced.

9/18: The new OVA is titled "My Hero Academia UA Heroes Battle". in theaters in Japan October 20-26, and logline is
The stage this time is the UA dormitory just before season 5's Endeavor Internship arc! In the middle of winter, a hot and blustery cold battle is unfolding at Heights Alliance!

Third-year Mirio Togata appears suddenly as the first-year students in Class A are bored during their ban from going outside. He brings with him the card game "Yuuei Heroes Battle," created by the support class. As each student picks cards and joins the fierce battle, there seems to be more to the game than meets the eye. At the end, who will emerge victorious?

English dub of the new OVA will be shown at NYCC on October 13.

11/19: UA Heroes Battle OVA streams on CR on November 30.

12/10: Season 7 releases Spring 2024. Poster released.

12/15: Season 7 premieres May 7. Was a trailer but set to private so should be coming out the next few days?

Movie #4 comes out in Summer 2024.

12/16: Spoilers about who the traitor is but at Festa, Horikoshi he considered the police detective Naomasa Tsukauchi at one point.

1/29: Movie #4 You're Next comes out in Japan on August 2.

Last edited:

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Season sets are on sale again on digital services ($5/season), so no better time to get caught up. I got season 4 part 1, so I'll be starting that soon.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

myheroacademiathemovieyourenext_tokuhou2screenshot.webp

"My Hero Academia has a panache for paying homage to American comic books and their assorted tropes. One trope we haven’t really seen is the evil counterpart. Flash has Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash, Green Lantern has Sinestro, Superman has Bizarrro, but now it appears that All Might finally has his own evil twin with a similar appearance and powers.

The newest trailer for the fourth My Hero Academia movie My Hero Academia: You’re Next. reveals the villain Dark Might, who is voiced by All Might’s voice actor Kenta Miyake. He made an appearance in a previous trailer, but we finally know his name now with this new trailer. Most likely, the dub will follow suit and have Chris Sabat voice both All Might and Dark Might. Here is our first look at Dark Might, the newest addition to the franchise’s rogue’s gallery:"

Read the full article here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts