My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 9 Talkback

zoombie

She's All Yak

Yona seeks Rarity's assistance in order to go on a pony dance with Sandbar.

Discuss

zoombie

She's All Yak

Well this was a mostly by the book episode, and had some subtext. Yona representing someone from another land or another race trying to embrace another culture. And also a message about being your self.

And there is no real bad person in this episodes, you can't blame the teachers for trying to change Yona, they weren't forcing her to do anything she didn't want to, and it was all her idea, Yona was the one who wanted to change.

And Yona's pony voice, the voice actresses did a completely different voice, it throw me off.

I am not sure if they are pushing a romance between Sandbar and Yona, if they did, that is fine, but this show doesn't do romance, so I doubt it.

Anyway that was a fun episode.

zoombie

Frenemies

Grogar's plan to have the other villains become allies works too well when they almost become friends.

Discuss

zoombie

Frenemies

An episode that completely focus on the villains, and them learning friendship lessons, this is new thing for the show, but in its last season, why not.

The whole bickering at the beginning, they were siblings bickering. I thought Tirac and Cozy Glow were cool with each other, and the only conflict was between them and Chrysalis, but nope it is all them that needs to get along.

Learning that working together than working along, they work together to achieve their goal. I am glad they are not completely stupid to just blindly trust Globgar.

I wondering when Globgar they are hiding the bell from him, there is going to be hell to pay.

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
Truthfully i've genuinely enjoyed every episode this season. And this past Saturday's focusing on Cozy, Chrysalis & Tirek was especially enjoyable. It did a great job of moving the overall arch forward while setting ground to reform them in the season finale.

Also was nice to finally get a new villain song!

Radical

Banned
Both Common Ground & Frenemies were sweet/funny, I'm enjoying the Season 9 episodes though,

Buckball is a cool interesting pony sport.
Cool seeing Quibble Pants who's a great/funny nemesis for Rainbow Dash.
Both Clear Sky/Wind Sprint, best new unicorn wife/daughter characters for Quibble Pants:D.
Nice seeing Snips.
Quibble Pants wanting to learn about Buckball was great.
Rainbow Dash helping Quibble Pants play Buckball was great/funny.
Poor Quibble Pants to fail at Buckball.
Quibble, Clear Sky, and Wind Sprint reconciling/making up was sweet:anime:.

Major focus on Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, and Cozy was sweet, love episodes focusing villains:D.
Grogar wanting Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, and Cozy to retrieve his magic bell from Mount Everhoof, sweet.
Both Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, and Cozy's chemistry/bickering was great/funny:p.
Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, and Cozy learning friendship getting along/teaming-up while retrieving Grogar's magic bell was great.
Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, and Cozy's song is sweet, best villain song.
Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, and Cozy hiding the magic bell and wanting to betray Grogar was sweet:D, the poor guys might fail though.

zoombie

Sweet and Smoky

Fluttershy and Spike head off to the Dragonlands to solace Smolder's brother.

Discuss

zoombie

Sweet and Smoky

A fine episode, I do have one pet peeve about it but it is still entertaining I can over look it.

The problem I had was how over the top they were with Spike's having a sensitive, Spike is normally not like this. I guess they want to over empathize how different he is from the other dragons, but still can he just be normal Spike.

Anyway it was nice to get know more about Smolder and where she comes from. She is the toughest of all those dragon teens, and she not even a teen yet. Having her brother be a closet beatneck, is that still a thing, I was thought of that of something from the 1960's, oh well. Well those beats saved the day.

All of Spike's friends defending him saying he is tougher than all those other dragons, well they should have brought up the fact, that he is essential a god in the Crystal Empire.

Also great to see Ember, I can't believe Fluttershy asked were those all her eggs. Is that slut shamming? It is not suppose to be, still Ember's reaction.

The day is saved, and the episode with Fluttershy about to kidnap a bunch of baby dragons. Ha ha.

zoombie

Going To Seed

Apple Bloom is obsessed with catching a magical creature.

Discuss

zoombie

Going To Seed

I thought this was going to be a Apple Bloom episode from the description they gave us, but it is really more of an Applejack episode but that it is fine. This episode is more of about the kid in you, when is it time to grow up, and when you to embrace the kid in you.

I tell you Goldie Delicious is a delight, living up to her name. So it was Big Mac with is sleep walking, for some reason maybe it would be the Apple nemesis Flim and Flam. I guess that does make sense.

And they left the mystery open ended, I have to problem.

Anyway fun episode.

yet again the show makes questionable or downright terrible decisions with it's antagonists. how can they justify having Garble reform when last time we saw him, he wanted to commit genocide against the ponies and before that, he tried to murder phoenix chicks?

and from what I hear, the villains from the past seasons are now beginning to develop real friendships is it too much to ask to have a villain to have absolutely no redeeming qualities and be completely loathsome like the G1 Tirek who threatened to decapitate Spike or have a villain to serve a moral that sometimes, there is no reaching them and violence is the only option against them like in How to Train Your Dragon 2?

zoombie

Student Counsel

Starlight Glimmer takes her role as school counselor at the School of Friendship.

Discuss

VG_Addict

MLP is a highly popular and successful show. And like a lot of such shows, it could have a spin-off. Which spin-off idea sounds best?

The Student Six adjusting to their new roles as the EoH.

A Laverne and Shirley-style show starring Starlight and Trixie.

Tirek, Chrysalis, Cozy Glow and Sombra being Equestria's version of the Sucide Squad.

A show starring Daring Do that chronicles her adventures.

A show about the Power Ponies.

Starswirl and Discord traveling through dimensions, like a Rick and Morty for kids.

zoombie

Student Counsel

I really liked this episode, it was just really entertaining, I am not sure if it thought a good lesson or not, but I don't care, it was fun. Trixie had her moments, I loved it really annoyed Trixie, and this episode shows Pinkie doesn't have to feel so bad not getting along with Mudbriar, he is not easy to get along with, and I can understand why.

I thought this episode was going to do the whole split yourselves in half plot, famously done on Bewitched, though younger people might be more familiar with it happening on Danny Phantom. Would have interesting to see Starlight's work side and fun side a separate entities.

I am going to be real here, what happened Silverstream is not Starlight's fault, no need to beat yourself up over that, it is all Twilight's fault. Yeah I said it, what kind of a person assigns work before spring break? Really Twilight really.

The character that really stole the episode for me is Maud Pie. Maud had some great lines from the search party joke to the "you got the hunk part right" line, Maud is truly a treasure.

I think this might be my favorite episode of the season so far, it was a flawless episode.

zoombie

The Last Crusade

Unexpected visitors arriving in Ponyville try and break up the Cutie Mark Crusaders forever.

Discuss

zoombie

The Last Crusade

So we meet Scootaloo family, and it is not what I thought it would be. I thought it would be much darker. Her parents are not who I thought they would be based on what we heard about them in "Parental Glidance" I got the impression they are either very judgemental parents or just don't care about her at all. Turns out they are nice, they don't spit on accomplishments, and do care about her, just they are work alcoholics and not there for her as much as they should.

And Sootaloo's aunts, I just love them, wish we meet them sooner.

This episode one complaint, I think you all what it is, Diamond Tiara no lines, this was the perfect opportunity to put the muzzle off of her, and instead you give it so some random pony we meet at the beginning, missed opportunity, very disappointment.

Still good episode.

glennbyrnes

MLP is a highly popular and successful show. And like a lot of such shows, it could have a spin-off. Which spin-off idea sounds best?

The Student Six adjusting to their new roles as the EoH.

A Laverne and Shirley-style show starring Starlight and Trixie.

Tirek, Chrysalis, Cozy Glow and Sombra being Equestria's version of the Sucide Squad.

A show starring Daring Do that chronicles her adventures.

A show about the Power Ponies.

Starswirl and Discord traveling through dimensions, like a Rick and Morty for kids.
How about one starring the Cutie Mark Crusaders?

zoombie

Between Dark and Dawn

The Mane Six struggle to cover Celestia and Luna's royal duties while they take a vacation.

Discuss

zoombie

Between Dark and Dawn

This was a great episode. Focuses on Celestia and Luna, and they really are the main characters of this episode, while Twilight and company are minor characters in all these.

I though this episode was going to be about the Mane 6 trying to take care on Celestia and Luna while they are away, but while that is a B plot, the focuses are on the princesses, which is what I wasn't expecting.

They give us some personality to the princesses, Celestia is more adventures, while Luna is a little more cultured. I love how they flip the tropes, normally the older sister is more cultured and the younger sister is more adventures.

And in the end, the princesses they solved their own friendship problems, they didn't have to go to Twilight to solve this, which shows they learn some friendship lessons themselves and didn't have to rely on others for help.

You know I am not sure we needed the B plot, they could have split this into two episodes, they done that before, that would have been cool, if the B plot is off screened and reserved for the next episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.

Featured Posts