My Little Pony: Make Your Mark Talkback (Spoilers)

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
My Little Pony: Make Your Mark is now on Netflix! Use this thread to talk about the episodes!
From Netflix:​
Welcome back to Equestria, where pony magic is everywhere. With friends Zipp, Sunny, Izzy, Pipp and Hitch leading the way, adventure is sure to follow!​

Media Man

I started watching this new series after being in pony withdrawal when the previous series concluded in 2019.

I like that this series is My Little Pony: The Next Generation [ok My Little Pony many generations later] and that there are two princess and male pony in the main cast, but the magic is missing.

Excuse the pun. The show has elements from the previous series but not executed well and the pacing is painfully slow. I feel like I am watching some hybrid Barbie series on Disney or Nick Junior.

It makes me realize that Friendship Is Magic was really 'lightening in a bottle' and that no spin off or sequel series is going to replicate that.

zoombie

I started watching this new series after being in pony withdrawal when the previous series concluded in 2019.

I like that this series is My Little Pony: The Next Generation [ok My Little Pony many generations later] and that there are two princess and male pony in the main cast, but the magic is missing.

Excuse the pun. The show has elements from the previous series but not executed well and the pacing is painfully slow. I feel like I am watching some hybrid Barbie series on Disney or Nick Junior.

It makes me realize that Friendship Is Magic was really 'lightening in a bottle' and that no spin off or sequel series is going to replicate that.

I get where you are coming from. I haven't watched these new episodes yet. So I will judge after I see them.

But for me, I feel like Strawberry Shortcake: Berry In The Big City feels more like the spiritual successor to Friendship Is Magic than this series.

Last edited:

zoombie

So watched the first season, or part 1 of the first season.

You don't think the villain of the series is actually Luster Dawn? At the very least, she has to be an ex student of Twilight. Which still freaking hurts. Twilight Sparkle and the Mane 6 failed.

This is one thing about sequel series, no matter weather it is Star Wars episode 7 - 9, or a Legend of Korra, or a Boruto, etc., you have to except the fact that the heroes from the previous series failed to build a utopia. Twilight Sparkle failed a something, and now these new heroes have to clean up her mess. And who wants to think of our heroes being failures.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
EDIT: Finished the first batch. While the new cast has grown on me a tad, I still don't think they're nearly as memorable as the FIM group. And I think there's too much emphasis in this new show on social media/smartphones, when the original series felt a bit more timeless because of the lack of it.

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Yeah..... I ain't ever touching this noise.
No more ponies for me.
Okay - Take care, everyone.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts