My Little Pony: Pony Life

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Hasbro announced today that a new MLP series called Pony Life is coming to Discovery Family next year.
Pony Life relocates the ponies to Sugarcube Corner, a local bakery hangout run by Pinkie Pie, which also houses a mysterious cache of magical potions to be broken out when the need arises. The new series will feature all of Friendship Is Magic‘s beloved ensemble — including Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, and Fluttershy — as well as the same voice actors returning. Befitting the title, Pony Life‘s stories will reportedly be more “slice of life”-oriented than the adventure-driven Friendship Is Magic.

I have no idea if this is actually going to last since the 2021 movie is supposedly the start of G5, but I don't know what the plan is at this point. Guess we'll see what happens.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
I'm okay with new designs of the Mane 6, the backgrounds are nice too but I'm not okay with the animation in this commercial (Fluttershy with noodle hooves).

I guess until we get the G5 movie in 2021 we have to deal with this "reboot" thing.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Hasbro announced today that a new MLP series called Pony Life is coming to Discovery Family next year.

I have no idea if this is actually going to last since the 2021 movie is supposedly the start of G5, but I don't know what the plan is at this point. Guess we'll see what happens.
Well, I gotta say I'm impressed...

They managed to make Friendship is Magic look worse than it already is.

Mandouga

Also known as "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Pony Life", which makes this--for all intents and purposes--the show's tenth season.

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I only clicked this thread because I thought they were going to start over with a new incarnation and bring the franchise back to the way it's supposed to be (i.e., before 2010), which some of you out there may not like, but is nonetheless what My Little Pony is really all about.

Last edited:

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Well, this is...strange.

I really thought FiM was over but I guess...not?

I was really hoping for a new G5 cast, but apparently Hasbro wants to continue exploring these characters despite having nine seasons and over two hundred episodes that already did this.

It's gonna take some time to get used to this new series.

Mandouga

It's not a tenth season. It seems more like some sort of reboot.

Reboot, "shmeboot"! As cliché as this sounds, "that's what they all say". Look, even if they say it's not the tenth season, that doesn't actually mean it isn't. "Actions speak louder than words", after all.

(sigh) Let me put it this way. If this show were to have the same production values, and (and yes, I'm going to say it) the same crowd-pleasing writing that ultimately only pleases certain groups of people in the long run, with the same characters who have the same..."personalities" to put it one way, then that would ultimately mean that yes, this is indeed the tenth season, even if they say it isn't. For these reasons, what I previously said still stands.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Reboot, "shmeboot"! As cliché as this sounds, "that's what they all say". Look, even if they say it's not the tenth season, that doesn't actually mean it isn't. "Actions speak louder than words", after all.

(sigh) Let me put it this way. If this show were to have the same production values, and (and yes, I'm going to say it) the same crowd-pleasing writing that ultimately only pleases certain groups of people in the long run, with the same characters who have the same..."personalities" to put it one way, then that would ultimately mean that yes, this is indeed the tenth season, even if they say it isn't. For these reasons, what I previously said still stands.
Spike got wings in season 8. Some promotional artwork was released after I made this thread and he doesn’t have them in those.

Also,
Friendship is Magic ended with Twilight moving to Canterlot to take Celestia’s place as ruler of Equestria, which prevented her from seeing her friends as much as she did before. From what’s known about Pony Life, it sounds like she’s still living in Ponyville and seeing her friends regularly.
I don’t think they’d be retconning those if this was a tenth season and not a reboot.

RainbowCupcake

Staff member
It almost feels like a non-canon pre-season 8 spin-off of sorts. An odd choice, but I guess it makes sense to continue using these characters instead of creating new ones that no one knows.

If anything, I expected to get a Starlight Glimmer spin-off.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Well, I personally think "Pony Life" will be an alternate universe to "Friendship is Magic" universe, just like both Teen Titans shows (the 2003 one and the Go! one).

Funny thing that people that already saw the toy commercial started to call "MLP: PL" the next "Teen Titans Go" wannabe.

RainbowCupcake

Staff member
Well, I personally think "Pony Life" will be an alternate universe to "Friendship is Magic" universe, just like both Teen Titans shows (the 2003 one and the Go! one).

Funny thing that people that already saw the toy commercial started to call "MLP: PL" the next "Teen Titans Go" wannabe.
That's a very good comparison. I wonder how many elements will differ canonically between the two series.

Who knows? Maybe in five years, we'll get MLP: FiM vs. MLP: PL, the direct-to-DVD movie! ;)

Dudley

Staff member

I came to post that it looks like it’s getting the Teen Titans Go treatment.

I wasn’t expecting they’d go this direction, but making it more like anything before FiM would not be the best move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
I don't know if this was already known, but season 1's episode order is 52 x 11-minutes.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Since "MLP: Pony Life" isn't showed for Discovery Family's schedule highlights for April, I expect that the show will premiere on May or June.

Oh, about episode order, 52 11-minuted episodes means 26 half-hours in general.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Since "MLP: Pony Life" isn't showed for Discovery Family's schedule highlights for April, I expect that the show will premiere on May or June.
It was announced in November, I think it's going to be longer than that before it premieres (unless it was in production for quite a while before it was announced).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts