My Little Pony: Pony Life

Did anybody else get a Paw Patrol like quote vibe when watching Twilight Sparkle's Video? "There's no problem to great and no foe too irredeemable" sounded similar to "No job is to big no pup is to small!" or was that just me? Either way I'd give the show a shot I mean it doesn't look horrible.

SweetShop209

The show is still rated TV-Y like Friendship Is Magic, meaning it technically is a preschool show.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
MLP: Pony Life, S01E01/02 "Princess Probz" & "The Best of The Worst"

I liked the title cards for the episodes, but why each 11-minute episode have to be split in 5 minute two-parts?

The first episode was so fast-paced, it's every visual joke placed here and there. I almost thought I couldn't last 'till the end of the episode.

Princess Celesta's role is being a judge of a TV cooking competition? Ok.

Why the ponies had to eat the whole tasty thing to get out? Why Twilight didn't use magic for it? I know this is a kids show, but this was dumb.

The second episode is better than the first one in my honest opinion.

The Mane 6 are the sweetest BFF's to each other. Dishwasher Slog is good at doing worst things and he's proud of it. The ending was really nice.

Now I know how the magic potions works. First episode shows Pinkie Pie changing into different ponies, the second one shows Rainbow Dash having laser eyes. Also Fluttershy can change her own size from small to big.

EP 1: 3/10
EP 2: 8/10

Media Man

I just watched the premiere today. Who authorized this?

To follow the Friendship Is Magic series which was one of the best cartoons of last decade with this, what were they thinking???

This series is to Friendship Is Magic like Teen Titans Go is to Teen Titans. About the only thing going for it is that they retained the original voice cast.

Hasbro/Hub/Discovery Family than you for one of the most epic, demo skewing cartoons of the 2010s. But the new cartoon... NOPE!! I'm out peace!!!

Meanwhile the 2020s has started on a sucky note and continues to suck.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E03/04 "How Applejack Got Her Hat Back" & "Cute-pocalypse Meow"

Both episodes were ok but not really surprising.

Rarity sets trends from anything she spots, particularly Applejack's hat, and later the squishy cube.

Applejack looked cute in the French beret.

Fluttershy's personality in Pony Life Universe is being the cute and sweet one but also the tough one with "dark side". I kinda like it, it's really adorable tho. :)

Some cartoon cats can be mean, Bubbles is one of those cats, he's mean in the cute way.

"Reality TV is trash." - in real-life yes, but not in Ponyville.

The "make an most adorable face ever" showdown between Fluttershy and Bubbles was fun.

EP3: 7/10
EP4: 7,5/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E05/06 "Bad Thing No. 3" & "Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper"

Rarity-centric episode has a lot of crazyness, I enjoyed this one.

I didn't like the second episode. The cake was so good you got disqualified and then later you got invited for an "All-Star Chef" edition? Honestly, I don't get it.

Rainbow Dash got sick though the enitre episode and everyone told her to go home and get well at the end of the episode. Heh. :p

EP5: 8/10
EP6: 4/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Ok, four 5-minute episodes this time.

S01E07/08 "The Trial Less Trotten/Death of a Sales-Pony"

In the first episode Fluttershy is a fangirl of dolphins and a King of dolphins called FINN-tastic, but in the second episode she literally forces all ponies to make and sell cookies faster so she could meet FINN-tastic.

She's has an crazy obsession about him and also she's freaking insane! She was kinda like Bubbles in the giant spoon episode from PPG 2016.

Both episodes somewhat are related to the next arc, first we got Pinkie Pie and the Royal Jelly Juggernaut cooking competition, now we got FINN-tastic.

Other highlights from these episodes were Pinkie humming "Friendship is Magic" theme, flashback about her getting Sugarcube Corner in charge from Mr. and Ms. Cake and mentions of the Elements of Harmony. Not bad episodes.

EP 7 & 8: 5/10

S01E09/10 "Big-Hoof Walking/The Fluttershy Effect"

Fun episodes, I liked both of them but Rainbow Dash-centric episode was way interesting, it was kinda like if it was an "FiM" episode than "Pony Life" episode.

R.D. playing an Wonderbolts mobile game for hours was a fun scene. Also when she was in the butterfly-filled future she learns a lesson from Tank to slow down with doing things a bit. It was nice.

EP9: 8/10
EP10: 8,5/10

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E11/12 "The Fast and Furriest/Disappearing Act"

The first episode was fun and also good. The ponies' pets got their spotlight episode and in the end everyone win the race. I liked that twist.

The second episode was kinda funny. Rarity tries to be the Great and Powerful Magician as Trixie to impress the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but she accidentally sends her friends to the void by mixing three different magic potions. Also cute ending.

EP 11 & 12: 8/10

S01E13/14 "Badge of Shame/Discord's Peak (formerly "The Master of Instructions/Mt. Volcanope")"

Okay, so the ponies don't understand how instructions work. I know instructions can be complicated, but this show did this gag in comically way.

Applejack narrating the course of this episode's story was fun.

It's cute how Discord cares about Fluttershy, whenever she and her friends are in danger, he comes to rescue them. Did I noticed that Fluttershy has a crush on Discord in this Pony Life universe? At least the floating hearts are telling me something.

Both episodes were good, not great and fantastic but really good.

EP 13 & 14: 7/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E15/16 "A Camping We Will Go/Campfire Stories"

First episode was kinda boring and weak.

Second episode was okay-ish, and there's an important lesson to not overuse electricity for everything. It's not exactly "campfire" stories like in the episode's title but I appreciate the writer's attempt.

EP15: 3/10
EP16: 6/10

S01E17/18 "Friendship Gems/Dol-FIN-ale"

Okay, we're finishing the FINN-tastic arc with these episodes. Poor Fluttershy...
She's been through so much to see her idol only to learn from him that her friends lied about not winning the meeting.

The second episode was really sweet at the end, and who could have thought that Cutie Mark Crusaders won the meeting with FINN-tastic.

I mentioned Trixie last week and it looks like she appeared in the first episode which was okay.

EP17: 6,5/10
EP18: 7/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E19/20 "Potion Mystery/Sick Day"

The first one was interesting, the whole mystery about who delivers the magic potions at night was obvious to solve (for those who saw preview videos), it is Potion Nova who appeared at the end of the episode. That C.S.I. reference was funny.

The second one was probably written during coronavirus pandemic. Kinda dumb, but funny anyway.

EP19: 7,5/10
EP20: 6/10

S01E21/22 "Meet Potion Nova!/Pony Surfin' Safari"

I loved this episode. Adventure-ish episode are always fun to watch. Potion Nova is such a fun character, I adore her already, and Twilight also has adoring her too.

At the start of the episode Twi complains about not having magic adventures, fighting evil and having lore stuff like in "Friendship is Magic" and Pinkie comments that they are having comedic situations now, this is what the 4th wall joke should be like.

The second episode - the beach episode was kinda okay-ish. Yet again good old friendship magic fixes the problem.

EP21: 9/10
EP22: 7/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E23/24 "All Bottled Up/All That Jitters"

First one has Twilight going out of character and wants to stays in the bottle just because of the arguement with Owlowiscious, also Applejack kinda saves the episode from being awful. It's not strange that all ponies at the end of episode look at us and broke the fourth wall.

Don't be confused with FiM episode by the same name.

The second one has the Twilight being Potion Nova's apprentice arc still going on. It was really adorable episode, Potion Nova this time surprises with new stuff.

EP23: 3/10
EP24: 7/10

S01E25/26 "I, Cookie/Keynote Pie"

First we got Pinkie making cookie-friends who only want to explore the world instread of playing games, then we got Pinkie making a TED Talk about her cookie bussiness and overcomes her stage fright with her friends' help.

Both episode were enjoyable this week, it feels like the writers actually started to make better Pinkie-themed episodes. Respect.

EP25 & 26: 8,5/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E27/28 "Sugarcube Corner's Viral Moment (Ponies of The Moment)/One Click Wonder"

This was a good 2-parter episode, I think? No wonder why making virals (and being crazy famous by them) and obsessing with the phones is what everybody does in nowadays. Once again Applejack is saving the episode by being the only sane pony of the group. Oh right, the cupcake bussiness arc from the previous episode, how many arcs will this show have?

EP27&28: 7/10

S01E29/30 "The Zounds of Silence (Zound Off)/Unboxing Day"

The first episode was okay-ish but it's not my favorite. I liked that Twi Talk bit a lot, Twilight's voice was really calm though this episode. Kudos for Tara Strong of course. Also Rainbow discovers that she's a living soundboard.

The second episode was kinda funny. Apparently Fluttershy has a unboxing vlog but doesn't know how open the box with a phone. Also Muffins debuts here.

EP29: 6/10
EP30: 6,5/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E31/32 "Don't Look a GIF Horse in the Mouth/The Root of It"

Two Applejack-centric episodes, wonderful.

The first episode was kinda boring and generic.

That Pony Life theme remix in the background is legit.

"Thanks for nothing, Applejack."

The second episode was waaaaaay too Teen Titans Go-ish, really random and dumb. I didn't liked it at all. Mostly it was about Applejack getting a Rachel Green makeover soon to be copied by her friends.

The "Friends" intro parody at the end was really sweet and I think this was the ONLY good thing from this wacky as hell episode.

EP31: 5/10
EP32: 2/10

S01E33/34 "The Mysterious Voice/The 5 Habits of Highly Effective Ponies"

The first one was fun, Spike's voice changer app and Rainbow Dash's superhero alterego were the highlights of this episode. Also, Twilight and Spike live in old, boring castle in P.L. Universe?

Fluttershy's episode was great too. I like how she's trying to act llike her friends to wake up the butterfly, and the moral about patience was well done. Bravo, writers of this show!

EP33: 8/10
EP34: 8,5/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E35/36 "Game Knight/Director Spike's Mockumentary"

The first episode was boring and Twilight really annoyed me here. Canterlot is now a D&D game board apparently.

The second episode was better than the first, the making movie episodes in cartoons are always the good ones. Fluttershy's crazy moves were pretty hilarious.

EP35: 4/10
EP36: 7,5/10

S01E37/38 "Whoof-dunnit?/Dear Tabby"

Rarity Investigates: Pony Life Style! Fun episode, I wish it was a little bit longer.

The second episode was great too. Rarity is into "Game of Thrones"? Unexpected but funny. That rap battle parody.

EP37 & 38: 8/10

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts