My Little Pony: Pony Life

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E39/40 "Pie vs. Pie/Superb Six"

Both episode were decent this week.

The Pony Life universe once again shakes up the canon. It turns out that Pinkie has brother instead of three sisters, it's like, they don't even existed. The writers when they write the cupcake showdown between Pinkie and Octavio (don't mistake with Octavia Melody) they probably watched some Dragon Ball and Mortal Kombat a little too much.

I don't understand why Twilight is the only pony who gets fat when she ate Pinkie's cupcakes too much. For laughs?

Ah yes, the copying the recipe episode. So predictable.

The second episode: Pinkie Pie is now the leader of The Mane 6, er, I mean... The Superb 6. Yeah, "Pony Life" has Pinkie as the main character while Twilight was the main character in "Friendship is Magic". It kinda makes sense.

I looooove the second episode's title card!

With Snips and Snails' debut in Pony Life Universe, soon this show's gonna make all "Friendship is Magic" characters appear out of nowhere or for a reason. Like, how long until Starlight Glimmer or Princess Luna will appear here? C'mon, writers.

EP 39 & 40: 6/10

S01E41/42 "The Debut Taunt/Flutterdash"

Rarity's goal in this Pony Life universe is being an actress in TV show rather than design clothes. Of course, Rarity being Rarity when her dream about starring in TV soap-opera comes true. Good episode.

Second episode is when we start the new story arc. Fluttershy is terrible at sports when she's in Rainbow's skin, but good at Buckball when she's herself? Ok, writers, you got me there.

Rarity and Spike fainting when they saw two Rainbows was kinda funny. "Oh, no! Not this dream again!"

EP 41: 7/10
EP 42: 5/10

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I honestly thought it would be a one and done. I guess they don't mind having it air simultaneously with the upcoming series.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S01E43-46 "The Rarity Report/The Great Divide/The Great Collide/Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular"

The Sportacular Spectacular arc continues and ends in... four episodes.

First one is mostly about Rarity's role in this arc. I think her acting skills were perfect to be the co-anchor of TV station. And by the way, there's a female co-anchor pony named Karen. Funny, right? DJ-PON 3 now speaks in dubstep language. I like it.

The second and third episode are the two-parter.

Fluttershy's being too expressively agressive about crushing the opposite team.

The Superb 6, er, I mean, The Mane 6 are temporary divided in different teams which is not good for them beacause they care so much for each other and they're besties that don't want hurt each other... Awww, that was really sweet for them. Also I hate cliffhangers like that.

A now, the second part. Bulk Biceps was probably the best part of the episode, the resolution was really simple: both teams can win at last minute so The Mane 6's friendship is saved.

Potion Nova is so supportive for her friends.

The final episode was incredibly touching I must say. The series even if is not the same as "Friendship is Magic" gave us the very first musical number that surely gives some "Friendship is Magic" vibes. That Twilight solo part inspired by Justin Timberlake/Jay Sean was legit cute.

Everyone we met through this show appear in the finale, the message of this show is very familiar to anyone who knows FiM: friendship makes everything better in the world.

Soon I'll write the entire season analize review.

EP 43-46: 7/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Oh, just before tommorow's the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM. The promo sure is cute but I wonder why Discovery Family had hold up the whole first season while other countries (including Canada) already aired it.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Some news about season 2, we've got episode titles:

SweetShop209

Season 2 of Pony Life is coming to the UK on April 2. There's no date for the US yet.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S02E01/02 "Cute Impact/The Crystal Capturing Contraption"

We're entering the new season with a brand new story arc.

Both episode were good, like really good.

The first one has Twilight thinking it's the end of the world as she saw the pink comet. It turns out the comet is not dangerous, Twi and the rest of the Mane 6 find out about the special celebration about the comet. It's cool that the writers bring back Twilight's interest in astrology.

The second one has Fluttershy - inspiried by Rarity last season - becoming a reporter. Cute. Pinkie does the space crystal gem harvesting. Also cute. Pinkie and Fluttershy teamwork togeter at gem harvesting. Super cute. It's also good to see Karen (the pony news anchor) and Herd (the zebra news reporter) again.

S02E01 & 02: 8/10

S02E03/04 "The Comet Section/Cotton Candy-Colored Glasses"

Aaaaand we quickly wrap-up the comet arc.

The Twilight/Rarity episode was fine but at the moments it bored me. Rainbow's episode however had something. Big glasses make a big difference.

S02E03: 5,5/10
S02E04: 7/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S02E05/06 "Close Encounters of the Balloon Kind/The Tiara of Truth"

Oh, another story arc? The writers are wild! I kinda wonder what's gonna happen inside of the baloon, but the episode itself was very wild with the ponies' imagination. "Oooh, cliffhanger." Indeed, Applejack.

The second episode, kinda debatable. I liked the concept of the tiara's power. The tiara doesn't affects on Applejack because she always tells the truth, yeah, she's still the element of honesty in the PL canon. And Rainbow in PL canon is a Daring Do geek like her FiM counterpart.

The story is predictable, pretty predictable. No wonder why Rarity didn't liked the too much sugared cupcakes Pinkie made, but Gummy however is in sugar-rushed 7th Heaven.

S02E05: 8/10
S02E06: 5/10

S02E07/08 "Terrorarium/Bubble Trouble"

Both episodes were really fun. Good to see Big Mac in the PL canon saying only "Nope".

The magic bubbles arc gets really interesing, with every bubble comes an interesting gift. I liked idea of bubble-making wand that makes unbreakable bubbles. The ideas for this season are very great so far, we're heading into good direction for storytelling.

S02E07 & 08: 8,5/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S02E09/10 "Time After Time Capsule/The Great Cowgirl Hat Robbery"

Time for the time travel adventures arc, by the way, how many arc this season will have?

It's nice to have previous season callbacks, I know not everyone can catch up with the show, but it's really nice to put the good memories of the first season. A phone that can print the photos? I want that!

The Applejack/Rarity one was very interesting as the "going to the past" episode. With no doubt this season is still great.

S02E09: 7/10
S02E10: 7,5/10

S02E11/12 "Planet of the Apps/Back to the Present"

The futuristic episode - fun, so fun to watch. I love these robo-ponies already. Fluttershy being addicted to VR games is a highlight from this episode.

The next episode was straight-up great, we've got the alternate world there bananas are now phones. And doppelgangers, ohh!

Someone who created the Wild Siders probably was inspired by the Horn-A-Corns from "Harvey Girls Forever". Neat.

Pinkie Pie never ate vegetables in entire life? That's new. Luckely, she liked them in the near end of this episode.

Fantastic episodes this week gave.

S02E11: 8,5/10
S02E12: 9,5/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S02E13/14 "Magical Mare-story Tour/Life of Pie"

The first episode, ok, it didn't grab me that much. But on the other hand it's another episode with callbacks from previous episodes. If they're in Potion Ocean then where's Potion Nova? I already miss her! Also, NIGHTMARE MOON REFERENCE IN PONY LIFE CANON???

The second episode was pretty okay, I liked the "Life of Pi" reference in the title card. Lightning Chill has powers to clean the mess around, that's cool.

S02E13: 4/10
S02E14: 7/10

S02E15/16 "The Rarest Of Occasions/Portal Combat"

The first episode: Rarity and Sugar Snap team-up for the 100th livestream show. Pretty alright but boring at the same time.

The second episode: I like the idea of combining the portal between Equestria and the Wild Side in the door. Obviously it's a Twilight episode, she seems does have a lot of stressful moments in the dangerous situations. Apple-pies apparently are the stress-killers... "ApplePie" - do the writers know G4 lore too well? Fun episode, the end of review.

S02E15: 4,5/10
S02E16: 7/10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
S02E17/18 "What Goes Updo/Communication Shakedown"

The first episode was kinda fun, the carnival arc starts up with hair makeovers? Okay. Princess Cadance makes her debut in this episode. That's cool. Rarity pukes gems is weirdly funny, I guess?

The second one has few funny moments like Fluttershy enjoying her ride on a slow carousel or Rainbow winning a Discord plush.

"What's my prize for it?"
"Um, this apple?"
"Heh, fair enough."

S02E17: 6/10
S02E18: 6,5/10

S02E19/20 "Lolly-Pop/Little Miss Fortune"

Flim and Flam? Unexpected. Shining Armor? Also unexpected, but cool. How long until we'll see Starlight Glimmer? I guess never.

"Your lucky number is... a lucky number." Some nonsense.

Fluttershy being a clown is a nice highlight for this week's episode.

So that's a wrap for the carnival arc.

S02E19: 6/10
S02E20: 5,5/10

Sparklefan1234

Tangled Sparkle Duck
I’ve been enjoying season 2 of Pony Life a lot more than season 1.

I like that they have more varied locations in 2 compared to 1.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts