My ViacomCBS/NBCUniversal joint-venture idea

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
My idea for a joint-venture between ViacomCBS and NBCUniversal would be where both companies have a 50/50 ownership in their existing cable networks (Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, USA Network, Syfy, etc.). I know I have said this many times, but with this venture, said channels, especially Nick, could be improved upon, thanks to revenue from Universal Pictures (since they have a great box office track record with the Jurassic World franchise, the Fast & Furious franchise, Illumination, and DreamWorks Animation) and Universal Parks & Resorts (since they have great attendance and merchandise/food sales). Paramount Pictures, which is one of Nickelodeon's sibling units, doesn't have the things Universal has. NBCU's streaming service, Peacock, would also have permission to make rare and forgotten Nickelodeon shows, like Catscratch and Back at the Barnyard, available.

harry580

so it is like how USA Networks (and to a lesser exact syfy) were both used to be owned by paramount and mca before paramount got bought by viacom (later viacomcbs and now paramount global) and mca bought paramount stake in USA Network and syfy

if so, what going to happened with paramount network if this joint venture happen, be part of it or kept by paramount and go ahead and buy amc and starz to fill in the void and relaunch paramount comedy to fill in the void of Comedy Central? and maybe launch paramount kids & family channel to fill in the void of nickelodeon?

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
so it is like how USA Networks (and to a lesser exact syfy) were both used to be owned by paramount and mca before paramount got bought by viacom (later viacomcbs and now paramount global) and mca bought paramount stake in USA Network and syfy
Something like that, but Nick would be included.

harry580

You and me both.
well, according to Elijah, its not about merging broadcasting networks (both could still be owned by nbc and cbs) he said its just a joint venture of the cable networks (nbcuniversal cable channels like usa, syfy, e, and bravo and viacomcbs cable channels like nick, mtv, vh1, cmt, bet, logotv, tvland and showtime) like usa networks was a joint venture with paramount and mca before paramount was bought by viacom and the tv land lawsuit that got mca to buy viacom stake in usa networks

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
On second thought, I think NBCUniversal should acquire a stake of 40%, or similar, in just the Nickelodeon unit.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Is it possible for posts to end up on the wrong thread? Or would that just be due to carelessness? I noticed that happened with one of mine just moments ago, and remember a similar incident not long ago.
CNC
Another family emergency update (long story short):

After charging in and out of the hospital a few more times, my mother had to do a colonoscopy earlier this month and they detected colon cancer. So yesterday, she underwent colon surgery and is now 100% cancer-free.

Now she's in the ICU due to very low blood pressure, still in the process of recovery.
"Crabgrass" is coming back and also in newspapers from Monday, it's a great comic strip if you've not checked it out, you should. “Crabgrass” Will Officially Launch in Newspapers on Monday | GoComics.com
Why does society keep devolving for the last century or so, why is America 50 years behind where it should’ve been? And anybody who tries to makes things better will be swept under the rug or get screwed over by cancer or disease.

I hate to get political here especially but for what happened today I can’t help
Just sending out hearts and hugs to anyone who needs them on this awful day. You're not alone.

Featured Posts