Netflix Unveils ‘The Willoughbys’, ‘Maya And The Three’, & More In Animated Slate

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
SOURCE: Netflix Unveils ‘The Willoughbys’, ‘Maya And The Three’, & More In Animated Slate
Details about the new additions can be read below.

Maya and the Three (2021) is an animated limited series created, written, and directed by Jorge Gutierrez (The Book of Life, El Tigre). Set in a mythical Mesoamerican inspired world, a warrior princess embarks on a quest to recruit three legendary fighters to help save the world of men and gods. Silvia Olivas (Elena of Avalor) is co-writer and co-executive producer, and Jeff Ranjo (Moana) is head of story.

My Father’s Dragon (2021) is a 2D animated family feature film from director Nora Twomey (The Secret of Kells, The Breadwinner) and written by Meg LeFauve (Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur), with story by Meg LeFauve and John Morgan, who are also executive producers. Bonnie Curtis and Julie Lynn of Mockingbird Pictures are producing together with Paul Young of Cartoon Saloon (The Secret of Kells, The Breadwinner) and Tomm Moore. Based on the Newbery Honored children’s novels by Ruth Stiles Gannett, My Father’s Dragon tells the story of young run-away Elmer Elevator, who searches for a captive Dragon on Wild Island and finds much more than he could ever have anticipated. Alan Moloney and Ruth Coady of Parallel Films will also serve as executive producers alongside Gerry Shirren.

Go! Go! Cory Carson (2019) is an animated preschool series from Kuku Studios in Berkeley, CA executive produced by Alex Woo (Wall•e, Ratatouille), Stanley Moore (Finding Dory, Monster’s University) and Tone Thyne (Wonder Pets!, The Adventures of Napkin Man!). Based on the hit toy line Go! Go! Smart Wheels from VTech Electronics, Go! Go! Cory Carson follows the adventures of kid car Cory Carson as he navigates the winding roads of childhood in Bumperton Hills.

Kid Cosmic (2020) is an animated series in production from Craig McCracken (The Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends). This is a show about a young boy who dreams of becoming a hero, and when he stumbles across some cosmic stones of power his dreams appear to have come true! Unfortunately, the reality of being a hero vs. the fantasy of being a hero are completely different and this challenge becomes the biggest battle he has to face. The Kid may be the good guy, but he’s really bad at it!

Trash Truck (2020) is an animated series in production from Max Keane (Dear Basketball). Hank is a free-range, dirt-covered 6-year-old boy with a big imagination and an even bigger best pal… a giant honking, snorting trash truck. From learning to fly to going to the dentist, there is no adventure too big or too small for these two best friends. Glen Keane (The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast) and Gennie Rim (Dear Basketball) serve as executive producers alongside Max Keane.

The Willoughbys (2020) is a highly stylized CG animated feature film currently in production with BRON Animation in Vancouver from writer/director Kris Pearn (Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2). When the four Willoughby children are abandoned by their selfish parents, they must learn how to adapt their old-fashioned values to the contemporary world in order to create a new and modern family. Based on the book by Newbery Award-winning author, Lois Lowry. Starring Ricky Gervais, Maya Rudolph, Will Forte, Martin Short, Alessia Cara and Jane Krakowski.

Last edited:

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Kid Cosmic really sounds like Ben 10, really looking forward to Maya and Dragon

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

ToonJay723

Staff member
I thought Craig was under contract with Disney. I guess not. Anyway, glad he found another home and looking forward to his new show.

I'll also be looking forward to Maya and the Three and the rest of these shows.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm looking forward to Jorge and Craig's new projects.

I found this video.

Last edited:

DeanBurrito25

New Craig McCracken show, new Jorge Gutierrez project, new Glen Keane project??
What even is the point of cable TV anymore. I look forward to all three of those in particular.

Disappointed in all of those "STRANGER THINGS 3 TRAILER PLZ" comments on that video, though.
Let us animation dorks have our moment.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Maya and the Three already got its own Netflix page: Maya and the Three | Netflix Official Site

Now let's post a few pictures.

Maya and the Three
maya-and-the-three-post.jpg

Go! Go! Cory Carson!
SPR_Banniere_GGW_1920x1080-768x432.jpg

The Willoughbys
willoughbys.jpg

The-Willoughbys-Concept-Art-2.jpg

kris_pearn_the_willoughbys.jpg

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'm going to close this thread and start individual threads for each production. Not everyone is going to be interested in all of them and might not want to follow a thread about multiple shows/movies for updates on what they are interested in. The individual threads should be up shortly.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
When I see all these announcements of cartoons being made for streaming services, I can’t but feel that when it comes to animation, things are gonna be A-OK. I mean we’re gettin cartoons from Jorge Gutierrez, Glen Keane, Craig Mccracken, and Alex Hirsch! This is awesome!

Kid Cosmic really does sound like Ben 10. Hopefully it’ll be better executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts