Nickelodeon cancellation/renewal thread part 2

Perla Magica

Digital Love
according from somebody who worked on the show on instagram, side hustle has ended, with no season 3, it ended on a cliffhanger...
Oh... I guess the fans will be disappointed to find out that the show got quietly cancelled after that cliffhanger ending.

I hope Danger Force, Lay Lay and Dylan would get cancelled next.
Don't expect them to do this. They might get renewed for their next season any time soon.

kanc

according from somebody who worked on the show on instagram, side hustle has ended, with no season 3, it ended on a cliffhanger...
they did NOT end in a cliffhanger, it just ended as regular episode ending (even though there is no closure to wrap up). In the end, the characters: Lex, Presley, and Munchy came back from amusement park, and returned back to home without Jaget finding out they sneaked off. Fisher and his friend cover for them.

here's a valid source: ‘Side Hustle’ Ending After 2 Seasons on Nickelodeon, Stars Reveal

Do you want live actions or not?

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
I'm concerned about Warped!. Side Hustle was Nick's 2nd most popular live action show, following Danger Force.

toonmaster17

Don’t shoot the messenger but I hear Middlemost Post will end after Season 2.

Also concerning Warped. I think it’s pretty obvious that it too was canceled since Side Hustle is. Warped had far worse ratings than Side Hustle.

Great Job Brian Robbins! Keep up the horrible work. It’s days like this that make me miss Cyma.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Perhaps Side Hustle ending and Warped! possibly done is a sign that it's time for Nickelodeon to cut back on multi-camera shows and have some more single-cam ones.

Or perhaps it's because Paramount+ is doing more harm to Nick than good.

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver
they did NOT end in a cliffhanger, it just ended as regular episode ending (even though there is no closure to wrap up). In the end, the characters: Lex, Presley, and Munchy came back from amusement park, and returned back to home without Jaget finding out they sneaked off. Fisher and his friend cover for them.

here's a valid source: ‘Side Hustle’ Ending After 2 Seasons on Nickelodeon, Stars Reveal

Do you want live actions or not?
well I never seen it, and heard from other people so yeah

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver
Don’t shoot the messenger but I hear Middlemost Post will end after Season 2.

Also concerning Warped. I think it’s pretty obvious that it too was canceled since Side Hustle is. Warped had far worse ratings than Side Hustle.

Great Job Brian Robbins! Keep up the horrible work. It’s days like this that make me miss Cyma.
Middlemost Post MAY have a season 3, as it has a small yet active fanbase, plus it’s the first Nicktoon since The Loud House (which was 2016, freaking hell) to air all of its first season ONLY on Nickelodeon and not some Nickelodeon and some on Nicktoons, that’s pretty good!

kanc

well I never seen it, and heard from other people so yeah
There is a big difference between cliffhanger and ending. I've been watching Side Hustle and the first season, and first half of second season deals with them paying for Ted's boat after the accidental cause of firecrackers that destroyed the boat, and in episode of Thumb and Thumber, they finally fixed it. But deja vu in end episode of Thumb and Thumber, Jaget's dune buggy was destroyed by again using firecrackers. Of course rest of the episodes that I wouldn't actually call it "cliffhanger", Final episode was Yesley Day, similar to Victorious - Victori-Yes. The episode technically doesn't consider as cliffhanger, but story didn't wrap up.

I don't think people need to jump conclusions based on rumor or "heard from other people" saying Middlemost Post is ending after season 2. Will just have to wait for official confirmation.

It could be possible Warped might be cancelled. In Instagram one of the actors from Warped! Anton Starkman quietly removed the mention "Warped!" from his bio. So that might be a sign.. Also TeenNick doesn't seem to be airing reruns of Warped anymore as that started last month.

For what it's worth Nickelodeon seems to be heading new direction, and live action content is pretty less, and I wonder whether Thursday night live actions don't seem to be working out well.

Nick has 8 projects in the works for live action series and films adapted by books that were announced last month. So Im guessing Nick is cleaning the clock

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Kel Mitchell has kind of hinted that the current All That reboot is over, saying:

"Interviewer: It’s a bummer because the All That reboot got killed because of COVID, essentially. They had ordered a bunch more episodes but then the pandemic threw a wrench in those plans.

Kel: The pandemic and also… you never know. Some other stuff might come out of that as well…"

That said, the official All That YouTube channel has been releasing new shorts lately.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts