Nickelodeon cancellation/renewal thread part 2

kanc

Someone asked for the fate of That Girl Lay Lay, since David A Arnold passed away, John D Beck responded that the show will start production again today. So I'm guessing it means Nick quietly renewed That Girl Lay Lay to season 3..?

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!

Someone asked for the fate of That Girl Lay Lay, since David A Arnold passed away, John D Beck responded that the show will start production again today. So I'm guessing it means Nick quietly renewed That Girl Lay Lay to season 3..?
That someone was me, by the way.

kanc

its been awhile due to downgrade of the site:

Just to recap:

-Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks -- season 5 ,final 3 episodes were burned off to Nicktoons on Mar 4, and nick.com and nick on demand were NOT added there. Reruns still aired on Nicktoons until last Jun 29.

-Are You Afraid of the Dark - season 3 Ghost Island last aired on Nickelodeon since last year, summer 2022, and still no word of renewal yet since, maybe my guess - likely canceled. There will be a podcast for Are You Afraid of the Dark in September .

-Big Nate - season 2 has been renewed, and 10 episodes are on paramonut plus, and there will be Back to School special with Loud House airing tomorrow. Rest of season 1 episodes are still going to air on Nick.... in September 2023.

-Danger Force, season 3 just aired last April, that aired 6 episodes. 13 episodes were initially ordered, and production were already finished before the writers strike happened. I'm guessing according to the producer, rest of season 3 episodes would be airing in November.

-Erin & Aaron (recent new series) premiered last April 20, and finished the season, with one hour finale on last Jun 29. The series is in limbo for now.

-The Fairly OddParents: Fairly Odder has just been removed from nick app and on paramount plus, since last late January. The series concluded last February on Nick only. Looks like the show is done for good.

-iCarly (2021) had aired season 3 every Thurs on paramount plus last early June (starting with 2 episodes), and concluded last late July. There are only 10 episodes in season 3. The show is in limbo for now. Still no word for renewal yet.

-Star Trek: Prodigy was removed from paramount plus, last June, and only 10 episodes aired on Nick for season 1. Season 1 had 20 episodes. Season 2 was formerly renewed, but it looks like it would be shopped somewhere.

-Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, renewed for season 2 which would be last.

-Loud House is currently airing season 7. No word for renewal yet.

-Middlemost Post is cancelled as John Trabbic III left Nick Animation few months ago, so it looks like the show is done after season 2

-Monster High (2022) had renewed for season 2, although there's still handful of episodes left to air for season 1.

-NFL Slimetime is currently going to air season 3 this Wednesday.

-Nick News (2020) still continues every end of month (except August)

-Patrick Star Show is now in season 2, just recently finished season 1 last late July 2023, for season 2 there are more episodes left to air.

-The Really Loud House finished season 1 last late June, and season 2 renewed, but the production was halted due to writers strike. A Really Haunted Loud House movie will be on paramount plus and will air on Nick sometime this October

-Rugrats (2021) - just finished season 1 last May on Nick. Season 2 renewed with 26 episodes (only 13 episodes are added to paramount plus), and season 3 renewed with 13 episodes

-The Smurfs season 2 was almost finished airing on Nick, since last August. Well... Jul 10-Aug 3 aired on NickJr block, while Aug 7 week aired on regular Nick. One 11 min episode left which is a Christmas special. I heard somewhere season 3 is in preproduction, but no confirmation from Nick yet. There's Smurfs original movie in works, but that was around last year it's announced.

-SpongeBob SquarePants is almost finished with season 13 episodes, as there are only 3 11 min episodes left. Season 14 were renewed as announced by Mar 2022.

-That Girl Lay Lay - season 2 has extended to 39 episodes, but somehow don't know how many episodes completely filmed before writers strike happened

Transformers: EarthSpark - complete season 1, 25 episodes are on paramount plus recently, Nickelodeon aired that series since last February til March, and continues 1 week last June, every Saturdays in only last August with no promotion. Only 18 episodes aired on Nick so far. Season 2 has been renewed.

-Tooned In was removed from Nick app show page, but still can be shown on nick.com search page, but handful episodes were removed, only few episodes are there. It's been at least one year since that show last aired. don't know how many episodes left to air at this point.

-Tyler Perry's Young Dylan - 1 episode of season 3 will finally air which will be Sept 13. Season 4 has 20 episodes and starting this Wednesday. It doesn't seem to be affected by writers strike, since it's filmed in Georgia.

-PAW Patrol - season 9 episodes just finished, and season 10 currently airing. season 11 been renewed

-Rubble & Crew, new series premiered last February, handful of season 1 episodes left to air, season 2 renewed

-Blaze and the Monster Machines - season 7 is currently airing, no word for renewal yet

-Baby Shark's Big Show - season 3 renewed, with 18 episodes, including 4 one hour musical specials

-Bubble Guppies already just finished season 6 with 26 episodes, last June, so show is done for good, reruns still continue to air on NickJr channel.

-Face's Music Party - Face's Summertime Jam, half hour special aired last June, no word for renewal yet, show's done for good

-Blue's Clues & You! - currently in season 4, new episodes airing this fall. Season 5 renewed, but don't know if it's finished production before writers strike happened

-The Adventures of Paddington - season 3 just started airing on NickJr channel last April and returned last August, there were 12 episodes, im not certain if these were the last episodes or more episodes left to air, as thefuton didn't release number of episodes though

-Santiago of the Seas - last July, NickJr channel burned off remaining season 2 episodes, and later were cancelled,

-Peppa Pig had been airing on Nickelodeon last August for new episodes that NickJr channel aired new episodes..

-Bossy Bear was new series that premiered on Nick Jr block on Nickelodeon last March, don't know how many episodes ordered, but 16 episodes aired, last aired last May, and no word for return yet.

-Gabby's Dollhouse aired on Nickjr channel, new episodes aired last May, and it will air continue new episodes this September.

-Kiri and Lou season 3 somehow aired on NickJr block last January, but stopped and only aired on NickJr channel for it instead.

-Tiny Chef Show just only have 8 episodes from Sept to last Oct 2022, it's also on paramount plus just recently

-Ryan's Mystery Playdate - it's cancelled, remaining season 4 episodes were burned to NickJr channel last April, and no reruns since. the show is done for good

The writers strike is still ongoing since last May, and don't know

Action!

It seems that Erin and Aaron and Bossy Bear may have been cancelled.

kanc

It’s saying the tweet is "not found". What did it originally say?
HyperSchedules tweet deleted. Originally said yesterday nickjr.com page of Bossy Bear was removed, and nick.com removed all episodes of Erin and Aaron.

However, checked today nickjr.com restored Bossy Bear back. The removal of it was error.

But Erin and Aaron all episodes were removed as of yesterday. Check on thepearsource and nickandmore Twitter for it. It's implied that the show is cancelled. The show supposed to be on Netflix this fall but no further date given yet

kanc

Any new cartoons and sitcoms for 2024?
This is the cancel/renew thread, NOT Upcoming Nick news thread.

This is upcoming Nick programming thread. I'll later update it.

kanc

In regards before writers strike happened, fandom user said that actor who played Aaron, named Jensen Gerling did say definitely about if Erin & Aaron would ever be renewed to season 2, he replied on instagram, and said "definitely".

But I have mixed feelings, given that nick.com already just weeks ago removed all episodes.

Micahel Cataldo

^Where on Instagram did Jensen Gering say that Erin & Aaron would definitely be renewed to season 2?

kanc

^Where on Instagram did Jensen Gering say that Erin & Aaron would definitely be renewed to season 2?
The fandom user says on post, he doesn't remember exactly the source, he did recall on instagram.. but don't know exactly when.

That was just only assumption, saying IF.

Action!

Lacy Mosley (Harper) has revealed that the iCarly reboot has not been renewed for a 4th season.
Wow!
I honestly expected it to be renewed for a fourth season since it ended on that cliffhanger ending where Carly sees her mom (her mom was off-screen)

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's a shame. While I haven't kept up with the reboot, I had heard good things about it and the third season ended on a pretty big cliffhanger too. I'm not sure why they didn't give it another season or at least a movie to wrap things up. I think the iCarly reboot has been one of the bigger shows for Paramount+, which makes the decision to cancel it even more bizarre.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts