Nickelodeon Launches #KidsTogether--A Global Prosocial Initiative to Help Kids and Families Stay Informed and Engaged With Activities

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nickelodeon Launches #KidsTogether--A Global Prosocial Initiative to Help Kids and Families Stay Informed and Engaged With Activities

Also: Nick’s Preschool Subscription Service--Noggin--to be Offered Free to Kids in Need in Partnership with National Head Start Association and First Book

Share it: @Nickelodeon @NickJr #KidsTogether

SB_HandWash_3c.png

HOLLYWOOD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nickelodeon announced today’s launch of #KidsTogether, a global, multiplatform prosocial initiative using its most popular characters and talent to engage with kids and families on tips for staying healthy and also ideas for activities to do together while in the home. Featuring SpongeBob SquarePants, Blue’s Clues & You!, Henry Danger, Bubble Guppies and The Casagrandes, #KidsTogether is intended to serve as an additional resource for parents while providing kid-appropriate, kid-directed information through original short-form videos, interstitials, downloadable activities and social content, with elements aggregated for easy access on a central online destination, NickHelps.com.

Additionally, Noggin--Nickelodeon’s direct-to-consumer interactive learning service for preschoolers--will be offered for free for three months starting next week to millions of kids in need through the help of national partner organizations, including the National Head Start Association and First Book. Noggin’s free trial period will also be extended to 60 days to all new subscribers, effective at the end of the month. The ad-free educational content on Noggin currently includes over 1,000 iconic, full-length episodes, short-form videos, and hundreds of interactive learning games and ebooks featuring preschoolers’ favorite characters and more.

#KidsTogether’s content, available across Nick’s screens starting today and ramping up through the rest of the week and beyond, features:
  • Original short-form digital and linear content such as SpongeBob practicing social distancing, the Bubble Guppies demonstrating proper hand-washing techniques, and Chickaletta and the PAW Patrol showcasing awesome dance moves to promote physical activity and wellness;
  • Nick-branded interstitials made in partnership with GoNoodle that encourage kids to get up and get moving, with help from Young Dylan’s beats or by joining Lincoln Loud’s dance party;
  • Printable Blue’s Clues & You! activity sheets and Bubble Guppies coloring pages, along with offscreen activities and games to help families play and learn together at home;
  • Noggin shorts on the Nick Jr. channel that provide learning moments for preschoolers in the areas of wellness, social and emotional development, science, math, and literacy;
  • and NickHelps.com, a central online destination that will aggregate Nick’s content and provide links to external resources for kids and families;
#KidsTogether will roll out domestically today across Nickelodeon’s portfolio of platforms and then extend to Nick’s international markets, as well.

Nickelodeon’s #KidsTogether initiative is part of ViacomCBS and Ad Council’s recently announced #AloneTogether, a national social- and talent-led campaign that educates audiences on the importance of social distancing and drives unity through entertainment.

Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (Nasdaq: VIACA, VIAC).

Theagames10

Additionally, Noggin--Nickelodeon’s direct-to-consumer interactive learning service for preschoolers--will be offered for free for three months starting next week to millions of kids in need through the help of national partner organizations, including the National Head Start Association and First Book. Noggin’s free trial period will also be extended to 60 days to all new subscribers, effective at the end of the month. The ad-free educational content on Noggin currently includes over 1,000 iconic, full-length episodes, short-form videos, and hundreds of interactive learning games and ebooks featuring preschoolers’ favorite characters and more.

Nickeloeon misled everyone.

I went on the NOGGIN app, and yes, I was able to view 2 short videos... but that was it.
EVERYTHING ELSE requires a free trial.

I am disappointed at Nickelodeon for this!!!

Last edited:

Theagames10

@Theagames10 The extension starts this coming week.

"will be offered for free for three months starting next week"

Actually no, I was actually able to get to all the sections at midnight my time, because before when I opened the app, it would just greet you with "hey want a free trial", not allowing me into all the sections, and when you get said free trial, that is when you get full access to everything.

At midnight my time when I opened the app, I was actually able to get to the sections, but I was only able to watch 2 short videos, everything else required a free-trial

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Ah, that's bad. :( I live in the UK, so can't check it out.

Nick will air #KidsTogether: The Nickelodeon Town Hall, an exclusive hour-long special offering a kid’s-eye view of life today amid COVID-19, on Monday, March 30, at 7 p.m. (ET/PT).

The special will simulcast across Nickelodeon, TeenNick and Nicktoons, and will be available on Nick On Demand, Nickelodeon YouTube, the Nick App and the Nick Pluto TV channel following the premiere. The special will also appear on Nickelodeon’s international networks.

Theagames10

@Ghostbuster At the time of this writing, it is early morning Monday, the start of the next week, and you said that NOGGIN App "extension" for the free 3 months would probably start during the last week... Where is it?

Or is what I said correct about Nick misleading everyone?

kanc

Pretty interesting #KidsTogether one hour special, Nick aired black general ending credits.

Also youtube nickelodeon will stream this special starting tomorrow 10AM EST.

Last edited:

kanc

Sorry for double post, but I don't even see #KidsTogether on Nick app nor on demand, nor on Nick Pluto. @Ghostbuster do you know whether Nick is misleading this or will these appear much later?

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
The special was put together over the last week and filmed over the weekend with many people working from home, so may not have had time/resources to do a usual credits sequence.

@kanc I'm not really sure what's going on. :/ I know everyone's working from home, so it could be that's causing things to be a little slow at the moment, but I'm not sure.

kanc

OK Nick app has just now added #KidsTogether full one hour, just a little late today.

kanc

There's some little difference that I watched #KidsTogether special, the TV version does not have Cooper Barnes as Captain Man and Toddler, while youtube Nickelodeon has those.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts