NickMusic News & Discussion Thread

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
There wasn't an existing thread for this channel, so I thought I'd make one. Considering how we have threads for children's blocks months before they even launch, this shows how little attention the station has received - it doesn't help that it's available on much fewer cable providers than even Nicktoons or TeenNick, and only available streaming through Spectrum TV Essentials (only available in select areas) and fuboTV's "Extra" package.

NickMusic was formerly MTV Hits, and even five years after its launch fuboTV still shows the MTV Hits logo on all of their programming blocks in the schedule. The major differences between NickMusic and MTV Hits seem to be heavier censorship (in this song I just heard, "bed", "touching", "bumping", and "heart" (???) were blanked out) and the fact that NickMusic is ad-free. The only logical reason I could think for this is that Viacom's other music channels tend to play phonesex ads after 10pm or so, and rather than try to find kid-friendly advertisers for a niche network that late they just opted to make it without commercials.

The Radio Disney-sized hole in my heart has yet to be filled by this. They sometimes play alternative music, such as BENEE's "Kool" or WILLOW's "t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l", but having JoJo Siwa, That Girl Lay Lay, or whatever child "star" interrupt it is way worse than hearing a Teen Beach Movie song every once in a while on Radio Disney.

I almost wonder why they don't launch it as a Pluto TV channel - there's no other channel for kids' music, and it would be a simple way to make it ad-supported and maybe get some kind of return on the station.

Here are some bumpers from the station, which play every few songs instead of commercials. They're about a year out of date but I think most of these are still in rotation.

AdrenalineRush1996

I honestly wonder why Nickmusic hasn't arrived in the UK since it's available in the Benelux territories.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The official Belgian passport will soon have Smurfs, Marsupilamis, Tintin, Spirou, Lucky Luke and other Belgian comic book characters on it.
what happened to Nostalgialodeon twitter user? Now it shows as twitter account doesn't exist

Bella/Big from Polly Pocket reminds me of Big Barda from DC Superhero Girls 2015, being a physically strong character who's initially antagonistic before becoming a friend to the main characters, and showing a softer side. Rhona Rees even seems to channel a voice similar to Misty Lee. I know Shea Fontana developed both shows, but still.
Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.
Feels like I’m the only person who uses Opera

Featured Posts