Status
Not open for further replies.

Moleoman

Apparently, as another cost-saving measure, ViacomCBS today without announcement closed the US feeds of TeenNick and NickToons and replaced them with their German-operated Global feeds. Yes, the Americans now receive channels with shows often airing time compressed/PAL sped-up withouth any ending credits (not even in the bottom third).

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I never thought this was going to happen to the USA.

In retaliation, ViacomCBS expects earnings to rise and therefore NickToons and TeenNick's American feeds will become pan-American (except Canada of course), with an American license.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
ViacomCBS is increasing its earnings in developing countries and is dismantling Nick Global. Shows will now run down to the end credits and endtags of the series.

Nickelodeon "Commercial Light" will be split into Nickelodeon Spain, Nickelodeon Portugal (finally!), Nickelodeon Belgium and Nickelodeon Scandinavia.

Portuguese feeds of Nick Jr. and Nicktoons will be created. In Spain and Portugal, old shows will air including the Nelvana seasons of The Fairly OddParents, last seen on Nick Iberia in 2018. Spain too will get its own feed.

NickMusic will launch in the UK. Australia will split from the Dutch feed which will become NickMusic Netherlands (back to basics).

Latin America will get dedicated, US-run feeds of Teennick and Nicktoons.

It is expected that MTV will fall under the same treatment soon.

SweetShop209

Adult Swim has cancelled Rick And Morty, and it's now been picked up by Nick Jr as Rick And Morty Babies. Here's the theme song to the show.

[
]
[
]

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Nick execs thought that calling it Bubble Guppies with the main characters being merpeople was a lie, instead, the series will be renamed to Merkid School. A new male character will be introduced so that the main group of merkids will have an equal proportion of merboys and mergirls.

harry580

the cartoon characters becoming babies apocalypse has taken another cartoon icon

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
damn you pcs!!!!
Oddly enough no PCs were involved. The reason why the show was named Bubble Guppies still remains unknown.

According to an internal source, the name change was suggested in 2011 but the show was becoming so popular that they stopped the rename. Also keep in mind that the addition of a seventh main merkid (a fourth female) created a bit of a gap between the main merpeople in the show.

I almost forgot that the number of merpeople in the series will increase by 800%

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I haven't recovered myself from the trainwreck that was the Secret Military Organization Babies series in 2002

Theagames10

Apparently, as another cost-saving measure, ViacomCBS today without announcement closed the US feeds of TeenNick and NickToons and replaced them with their German-operated Global feeds. Yes, the Americans now receive channels with shows often airing time compressed/PAL sped-up withouth any ending credits (not even in the bottom third).
Good April Fools joke. ha.

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
After 8 years of there not being any Saturday morning cartoons on CBS, they're being brought back this fall! The catch? It's a Nickelodeon-themed block, just like what happened in the early 2000's! Here's the information about this new block:
Something exciting is happening this fall: Saturday morning cartoons will return to CBS with the return of the Nick on CBS block. The block, which originally ran from 2000 to 2006, will be broadcast on Saturdays from 10:00AM through 1:00PM, following the Saturday edition of CBS This Morning. Containing 4 Nickelodeon hits and 2 new-to-television programs, the revamped version of the hit 2000's Saturday morning block will premiere on September 4, 2021. Fans of the current CBS Dream Team block can catch those programs on Sundays starting September 5, 2021.

Nick on CBS 2021-22 Schedule:
10:00AM: The Loud House
10:30AM: SpongeBob SquarePants
11:00AM: Middlemost Post
11:30AM: Rugrats (2021)
12:00PM: PAW Patrol
12:30PM: Blue's Clues and You!
It's interesting that Viacom is using the CBS strategy to premiere two of their newest shows. Though I do find it odd that they called Rugrats "new" when it's actually a reboot of an old show. It also surprises me that Nickelodeon was finally able to air SpongeBob on broadcast TV, but that shouldn't be much of a shock as the E/I programming will be moved to accomodate this block.

So, what do you guys think?

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
There's just one flaw, the preschool shows need to come first, then the regular Nick shows.
I guess they did that because kids usually go out on Saturdays much later in the day. It's also problematic since (unless they change the schedule before the block) the Nick Jr. channel also airs PAW Patrol at 12:00PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Just sending out hearts and hugs to anyone who needs them on this awful day. You're not alone.
Hi, new profile picture I guess
Angry because of the news. VERY angry.

So today is apparently Brooklyn's birthday. Now the recent YouTube videos about her birthday make sense (a music video yesterday and a vlog today).
My turn! Check out my Drawing Board Threads!

For the whole story uninterrupted (This will be updated with the new issues soon).

For the story, plus updates, Sketches, and the annoyingly long Linear Notes.

Featured Posts