"Peanuts" Specials broadcast rights/schedule (UPDATE: Not renewed by PBS in 2022)

LinusFan303

Squeak
I also found out that In my area, both my PBS stations airing it , the main one is airing at 6:30pm after Arthur, and the one that's more independent is airing at 7:30pm after Mr. Rogers.

Also, Many PBS stations stream live online now, you can watch it on the PBS app on Roku and Fire fore example and your computer. If your station is one of the ones that are in the system now...

LinusFan303

Squeak
1606091661840.png

1606091700117.png

If you wanted to watch on the PBS kids web/ app or PBS website/ app live stream, you can not .

JakobTV

This is like the Rankin Bass specials that Freeform airs. Those specials are not available on the Freeform app and they replaced it with The Middle when you watch the live feed on there website with a cable provider.

LinusFan303

Squeak
This is like the Rankin Bass specials that Freeform airs. Those specials are not available on the Freeform app and they replaced it with The Middle when you watch the live feed on there website with a cable provider.
It happens with CBS airings too, because I've seen people online talk about how they can't see it on Youtube TV and some of the others. Santa Cluas is comin' to town adn Little Drummer Boy were allowed though, The Warner owned Rankin Bass specials are allowed to be streamed online, AMC puts them on their site/app.

When Peanuts were on ABC, they had the right to air them online live stream and on demand rights (even Hulu got to join in) Apple just let PBS air them on TV, and didn't even want online live stream simulcast as an option. kind of silly really.

------------------

I watched the specials twice tonight (because I could) and they were un edited like ABC, was nice to not have ads in the way. Hope PBS gets to do this next year, and maybe with the Valentine's specials and maybe somebody will care about the Easter one again.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's great to hear. I missed out on these specials last year since I didn't check to see when they'd be airing. I'll have to see if I can watch them this year.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Some Peanuts specials that have aired on ABC before like "Charlie Brown's All Stars" (which ABC used to air with Easter Beagle , until they gave up in 2015) , "She's a good Skate, Charlie Brown" (which ABC aired with New Year until the contract ran out in 2020) , "You're not Elected, Charlie Brown" (Which ABC aired with Great Pumpkin to air GP un-edited until 2020) plus "It's FlashBeagle" and "Snoopy's Reunion" are coming to Apple TV plus on March 4th.

Corwin Haught

More classic Peanuts is coming to Apple TV+ on August 5th:
  • A Charlie Brown Celebration
  • He’s A Bully, Charlie Brown
  • He’s Your Dog, Charlie Brown
  • It Was A Short Summer, Charlie Brown
  • It’s Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown
  • There’s No Time For Love, Charlie Brown
  • Why, Charlie Brown, Why?
  • You’re In Love, Charlie Brown
  • You’re The Greatest, Charlie Brown

Last edited:

Corwin Haught

More classic Peanuts is coming to Apple TV+ on August 5th:
  • A Charlie Brown Celebration
  • He’s A Bully, Charlie Brown
  • He’s Your Dog, Charlie Brown
  • It Was A Short Summer, Charlie Brown
  • It’s Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown
  • There’s No Time For Love, Charlie Brown
  • Why, Charlie Brown, Why?
  • You’re In Love, Charlie Brown
  • You’re The Greatest, Charlie Brown
These specials ended up premiering on Apple+ on September 9th.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts