Norm MacDonald Dead At 61

SweetShop209

Norm MacDonald has died at the age of 61. I'm not familiar with his on camera work, but I first heard about him from The Fairly Odd Parents, where he voiced Norm The Genie for most of his appearances. He apparently died from a 9 year battle with cancer.

Classic Speedy

John Belushi as Slimer
Staff member
Reporter
This is a total shock. He was always one of my favorite guests on Conan's shows- he could deliver laughs solely from how awkward his material was. Everyone will bring up his "Chairman of the Bored" joke when Courtney Thorne-Smith was a guest, but here's another bit he did on Oscar Pistorius that had me rolling:

EDIT: Also, the fifth worst SNL performer in the show's history? Not even close.

cheril59

He was the first voice of Death on Family Guy, before Adam Corolla took over.

the greenman

Damn saw this earlier. Loved him on SNL weekend update, best since Miller. His standup was funny too. Love the one about USA needing to talk to the Germans based on them responsible for 2 world wars.

Will always remember him as Billy's friend in Billy Madison. Seen Dirty Work once, wasn't a fan. Then there were a glut of Sandler-clone films back then (Schneider and Spade).

Will be missed. RIP Mr. MacDonald.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
We already lost one Turd Ferguson (the real one), now we've lost another.

DecaTilde

Beauty is only fur deep.
He was one of the modern stars to portray Colonel Holland Sanders in the KFC commercials. His "It's finger-licking good" utterance was spot on.

the greenman

We already lost one Turd Ferguson (the real one), now we've lost another.
I honestly just don't see the Celebrity Jeopardy being good any more. They mostly do Black Jeopardy with Kenan, so pretty much retired that whole sketch.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Classic Speedy

John Belushi as Slimer
Staff member
Reporter
Looks like Team Coco uploaded a (finally) good copy of the aforementioned Courtney Thorne-Smith interview:

That is indeed one of the all-time great Late Night moments.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If you had to have Batman share a birthday with someone, then Alfred would be a wise choice.

The official trailer of Saturday Morning All Stars Hits:

I'm intrigued by the "Denver the Last Dinosaur meets Bojack Horseman" cartoon and the Care Bears action parody.
The OST of two games that I played on the PS2 back in Summer 2011. Childhood memories.
Apparently, Nicole Dubuc really liked Gargoyles when she was a teenager. Maybe this was the catalyst of her collaborating with Greg Weisman on a number of projects.

My favourite radio station from my favourite GTA game :)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Flash FM

Featured Posts