Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

DragonKnightGX

I wonder why Fox Kids/Jetix CEE didn't air Digimon, Medarot, Hamtaro, or Rockman.EXE. Even the Poland feed had all of those (though Digimon was only Adventure).

Moleoman

I wonder why Fox Kids/Jetix CEE didn't air Digimon, Medarot, Hamtaro, or Rockman.EXE. Even the Poland feed had all of those (though Digimon was only Adventure).
For "Medabots", "Hamtaro" and "MegaMan NT Warrior" Fox Kids Europe had no rights to broadcast for all CEE territories.

In case of "Hamtaro", according to a press release FKE acquired rights for UK, France, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Scandinavia, Poland and Israel: Hamtaro acquisition ::: Jetix

For "Medabots" they acquired first rights for Western Europe (excluding Italy) and Latin America, and one year later for CEE (including Poland):

From what I know, "MegaMan NT Warrior" aired in Czechia, Slovakia, Hunagary and Romania on A+, same with "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (which aired in Poland on Jetix).

And here's another curiosity, while FKE managed to acquire worldwide rights (excluding North America and Asia) to "Let's Go Quintuplets", the only feed from CEMA cluster to air the show was Greece (and even there the show premiered on Jetix Greece only in September 2007): Quintuplets acquisition ::: Jetix

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
From 4 January 2003 until the separate channel's death, TV2 - a Hungarian terrestrial channel - aired a Fox Kids block on weekends.
This video includes TV2's startup (testcard to blackness, ident, anthem), the intro of the block, and some continuities.

Same goes for Jetix, which was aired from 7 January 2006 until September 2009. Here is a Jetix ident with TV2's on-screen logo.

Moleoman

So Fox Kids CEE could have aired Medabots, but didn't?
If you're talking about Fox Kids CZ/HU/SK they could, but for some reason didn't bother to air it. If you're reffering to Fox Kids Romania/CIS/Bulgaria/ex-Yugoslavia/Turkey (officially called Fox Kids CEE), then they couldn't due to the channel not having rights for Turkey and MENA. Same happened with "Totally Spies", which didn't premiere on Fox Kids Romania/CIS/RSEE until March 2004 (when Fox Kids Turkey/MENA received a separate feed).

RegularCapital

Staff member
Actually, it was neither as the 1996 launch promo indicated that the UK was the first to use the 3D logo that the US version would use two years later.
It was the second logo (as evident on TV Ark), however it didn't last long as the channel rebranded in May 1997, which means the first logo and branding only lasted seven months.

That video must have been from 1999 or 2000 as the channel was still called the "Fox Kids Network" as its full name in 1997 and the logo was still mainly in 2D, the word "Network" was obviously dropped, also the fact that foxkids.co.uk was launched in 1999 (ruling out 1998), as the website address can be seen at the end of the video.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I think that was made in 1997 the same year the 1997 Fox Kids logo came out so this was made to introduce this logo
It was the second logo (as evident on TV Ark), however it didn't last long as the channel rebranded in May 1997, which means the first logo and branding only lasted seven months.

That video must have been from 1999 or 2000 as the channel was still called the "Fox Kids Network" as its full name in 1997 and the logo was still mainly in 2D, the word "Network" was obviously dropped, also the fact that foxkids.co.uk was launched in 1999 (ruling out 1998), as the website address can be seen at the end of the video.

I see, though it didn't help that the description referred it as a launch video.

Crazy_eye

Here's an article about the old Fox Kids France preschool block, which I'm sharing with you since I have a question about it-did this block ever actually air? I specifically am curious about the Mumfie segments on the block because I tried looking up the French dub and I couldn't find one. Also tired checking the French eBay site and no magazines or Mumfie plush dolls to be found. Anyone who watched the French Fox Kids in the year 2000 know anything about this block or the Mumfie segments, or if the block even aired?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts