OMG!Blade Runner (SE finally announced)

Bones Justice

Bring on the noise!
Golgo13 said:
Finally, I'll get my chance to hear Ford's narration in the original cut.

I've always preferred the narrated version. I suppose I'm biased because that's the first way that I saw it.

I have the narrated version on laserdisc but it's rotted, of course. At least I got it for free. I also recorded it off of television about two years ago. They used to show the narrated version all the time but for some reason, they stopped.

Michael24

Staff member
The narration, to me, is nothing special. The fact that Harrison Ford was opposed to it really comes through in his delivery of the lines. I grew up with the "narration version," but after seeing the movie without the narration, I find it much better. But at least Ridley Scott is making that version available for people who've never seen it.

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
I didn't really mind the narrated version up to around the third act. The ending was really cringe-worthy when putting it up with the events that came after it, and ultimately, it wasn't even necessary. The workprint ending may not be as "hit you over the head" happy, but it's still reasonably upbeat all the same. He still gets the girl either way.

Lord Dalek

Uncreative Hack
Bit of an update here from the Bits...

The Digital Bits said:
[FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]
Speaking of Warner, the studio has officially announced the re-release of Blade Runner: The Director's Cut on 9/12 (SRP $19.97). This is a single-disc release (dual-layered), with no new extras, but you'll be pleased to know that the video has been completely remastered with a brand new anamorphic widescreen film transfer. The audio will be Dolby 2.0 Surround, like the original release. Keep in mind that a much more elaborate multi-disc Blade Runner: Ultimate Edition is currently in production for release sometime in 2007 - that is CONFIRMED. This disc is really just designed to update the original Snapper case release (one of Warner's first EVER releases on DVD back in 1997) with better video in the meantime.
[/FONT]

The main concerns I have are will this have a real menu this time and does this mean the "fake" '92 cut isn't going to be in the upcoming Ultimate Collector's edition?

Paul_Cousins

Lord Dalek said:
The main concerns I have are will this have a real menu this time and does this mean the "fake" '92 cut isn't going to be in the upcoming Ultimate Collector's edition?
Well if anything else, we are going a remastered version of the BR Director's Cut in two and a half months, which is good. :)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts