OPINION: Adult swim should get another channel like Cartoonito internationally and it's Canadian counterpart

Otakuninja2006

Why?

Why should Adult Swim get a full 24-hour channel?

THEY CAN NOT EVEN SUSTAIN THE 9-10 HOURS THEY ALREADY HAVE AND HAS AWAYS HAD A HARD TIME KEEPING A PROPER LINEAR(i.e., little to no repeats)LINEUP MONDAY THRU THURSDAY AS IS FOR YEARS NOW AND MESSING UP THE FRIDAY, SATURDAY(WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL-ANIME) AND SUNDAY LINEUPS WITHOUT GETTING COLD FEET(sans recently, but it needs a WHOLE LOT MORE work).

I could probably see to some extent if it was a general older-skewing animation network with action animation, anime, action/anime movies, OVAs, an experimental animation showcase, cartoons from the internet, adult animation from ALL major parts of the world and some classic animation from South Park, The Simpsons, Beavis and Butt-head to Bob and Maraget, Kevin Spencer, Rex the Runt to Eddsworld, Helluva Boss, Camp Camp to Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Hellsing to Batman: The Animated Series, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, One Piece to Heavy Metal, Akira, Ghost In The Shell to Looney Tunes(UNCUT), and lots of obsurce stuff all in one cool awesome-as-hell channel...

But THIS??

NO!

And besides, if they were gonna do it, they would've done it years ago instead of waiting for cable to die(TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS, BUT CABLE IS NOT GOING TO DIE, IF ANYTHING, I PREDICT THAT AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER, STREAMING WILL HIT IT'S DOWNFALL AND CABLE WILL BE MAKING A COMEBACK)

And Cartoonito isn't even a year old yet.

And stop trying to get Cartoonito removed from the network because it was either this or more useless Gumball reruns.

In fact, I'm going to make a fantasy schedule for this kind of channel.

Toonhead2002Ultra

This is an interesting take. Adult Swim does have a decent amount of shows, but I'm not sure if they could sustain a 24 hour channel. On top of that if they fill most of their time with fox shows than they might step on the toes of something like fxx. I actually have an idea. Remember when Noggin wasn't a 24/7 channel and shared their time with the N? Maybe they could have something similar with Cartoonito and Adult Swim with the former lasting from 6a to 6p and the latter taking up the rest of that time. Sure their age demographics are way different, but AS does have shows like KOTH or Space Ghost Coast to Coast they could air during the earlier hours of this hypothetical channel. They could even make it basic cable so AS could still bring in the ad revenue. This possibility is probably not ultra likely but I think we can all agree that AS could better fill up 12 hours than they could 24. Here's an example schedule to show you how this could possibly work, at least for one day:

6:00a - Baby Looney Tunes (x2)
7:00a - Caillou (x2)
8:00a - Pocoyo (x2)
9:00a - Cocomelon (x3)
10:30a - Lucas the Spider
11:00a - Thomas & Friends All Engines Go! (x2)
12:00p - Care Bears Unlock the Magic (x2)
1:00p - Bing (x2)
2:00p - Love Monster (x2)
3:00p - Pocoyo (x2)
4:00p - Cocomelon (x2)
5:00p - Esme & Roy
5:30p - The Not Too Late Show With Elmo

6:00p - King of the Hill (x2)
7:00p - Home Movies
7:30p - Space Ghost Coast to Coast
8:00p - Bob's Burgers (x2)
9:00p - Futurama (x2)
10:00p - Rick and Morty
10:30p - American Dad! (x2)
11:30p - Robot Chicken
11:45p - Smiling Friends
12:00a - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
12:15a - Squidbillies
12:30a - Birdgirl
1:00a - The Boondocks
1:30a - The Oblongs
2:00a - Futurama
2:30a - American Dad! (x2)
3:30a - Joe Pera Talks With You
4:00a - King of the Hill (x2)
5:00a - The Popeye Show
5:30a - Toonheads

Obviously before something like this happens I think CN should add more variety to their schedule in order to justify getting its hours back. This is just my two cents though.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
This is an interesting take. Adult Swim does have a decent amount of shows, but I'm not sure if they could sustain a 24 hour channel. On top of that if they fill most of their time with fox shows than they might step on the toes of something like fxx. I actually have an idea. Remember when Noggin wasn't a 24/7 channel and shared their time with the N? Maybe they could have something similar with Cartoonito and Adult Swim with the former lasting from 6a to 6p and the latter taking up the rest of that time. Sure their age demographics are way different, but AS does have shows like KOTH or Space Ghost Coast to Coast they could air during the earlier hours of this hypothetical channel. They could even make it basic cable so AS could still bring in the ad revenue. This possibility is probably not ultra likely but I think we can all agree that AS could better fill up 12 hours than they could 24. Here's an example schedule to show you how this could possibly work, at least for one day:

Obviously before something like this happens I think CN should add more variety to their schedule in order to justify getting its hours back. This is just my two cents though.
No offense but this is just Cartoon Network without the Cartoon Network part. I have nothing against Cartoonito, but I don't think it needs to air into late afternoons. Finally no offense meant to [adult swim] fans, but the last thing we need is more [adult swim].

Toonhead2002Ultra

No offense but this is just Cartoon Network without the Cartoon Network part. I have nothing against Cartoonito, but I don't think it needs to air into late afternoons. Finally no offense meant to [adult swim] fans, but the last thing we need is more [adult swim].
I... yeah it totally is. I just thought it'd be an interesting way to give CN (or a more variety filled CN) more hours and not screw over Cartoonito or Adult Swim. The points you make are good but Nick Jr and Disney Junior's channels also air during late afternoon, so I don't see why a US Cartoonito channel can't at least in like three or four years. Also what do you mean by more Adult Swim? This is a separate channel from CN so it wouldn't be cutting into its hours at all. Here maybe CN could end at 10 or maybe even 11 on Friday and Saturday nights. Also, in general cable seems to be being phased out so a channel like this doesn't seem that plausible anyway. Just thought it'd be intriguing.

R Lopez

When people talk about Adult Swim getting fewer hours, or getting its own channel, they're really saying they want Cartoon Network to have more hours. I would want CN to have more hours if it did something interesting with that extra time. But if it's just gonna air more of the same few shows it plays, then I'm fine with AS and Cartoonito eating away at the day.

That's why it didn't really bother me when it was revealed that Cartoonito was going to (initially) last six hours on weekdays. The CN schedule didn't change because of that, it just shrank. Months later, CN has gained back some hours, but has it gained any more variety than it had last fall? Not really. Sometimes an HBO Max show will pop in for a week, but that's about it.

Toonhead2002Ultra

When people talk about Adult Swim getting fewer hours, or getting its own channel, they're really saying they want Cartoon Network to have more hours. I would want CN to have more hours if it did something interesting with that extra time. But if it's just gonna air more of the same few shows it plays, then I'm fine with AS and Cartoonito eating away at the day.

That's why it didn't really bother me when it was revealed that Cartoonito was going to (initially) last six hours on weekdays. The CN schedule didn't change because of that, it just shrank. Months later, CN has gained back some hours, but has it gained any more variety than it had last fall? Not really. Sometimes an HBO Max show will pop in for a week, but that's about it.
100% agree, add shows first, add time second. Also Cartoonito initially lasted 8 hours on weekdays, not 6.

Moe

More hours for CN? Sure, they will add more TTG.

Moe

for where adult swim is if they launch a channel?
No, if Adult Swim or Cartoonito reduce the hours, so CN spam with TTG and Gumball.

Variety? Good luck, you are more likely to be accepted in Rutgers University first before CN turn to 2000s style variety.

Otakuninja2006

Uummm.....

NO

It's just Cartoon Network with the CN part.

And you could have at least made Toonami 6-10PM.

I bet you I could make a schedule better than that..

And in fact, I will..
You could not have said that better than me.

If anything, we actually need less [adult swim], but I will VERY MUCH SO GLADLY take more Toonami time.
I... yeah it totally is. I just thought it'd be an interesting way to give CN (or a more variety filled CN) more hours and not screw over Cartoonito or Adult Swim. The points you make are good but Nick Jr and Disney Junior's channels also air during late afternoon, so I don't see why a US Cartoonito channel can't at least in like three or four years. Also what do you mean by more Adult Swim? This is a separate channel from CN so it wouldn't be cutting into its hours at all. Here maybe CN could end at 10 or maybe even 11 on Friday and Saturday nights. Also, in general cable seems to be being phased out so a channel like this doesn't seem that plausible anyway. Just thought it'd be intriguing.
Those brands have been around for years, they're different. Cartoonito was JUST formed 7 MONTHS AGO!!

HUGE DIFFERENCE..

Exactly, and that's why AS should stay where it's at, but lose the 8 hour.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster

Exactly. Right now streaming services are taking precedent over live cable channels. The cable stations are basically just spamming their hit shows and saving the new originals for their streaming services, some of which may pop up on the channels from time to time. Cartoon Network has some new shows in their pipeline, but it remains to be seen how they'll get implemented into the schedule.

Toonhead2002Ultra

Uummm.....

NO

It's just Cartoon Network with the CN part.

And you could have at least made Toonami 6-10PM.

I bet you I could make a schedule better than that..

And in fact, I will..

You could not have said that better than me.

If anything, we actually need less [adult swim], but I will VERY MUCH SO GLADLY take more Toonami time.

Those brands have been around for years, they're different. Cartoonito was JUST formed 7 MONTHS AGO!!

HUGE DIFFERENCE..

Exactly, and that's why AS should stay where it's at, but lose the 8 hour.
I guess so. Cartoonito and AS would probably get more viewership on the main channel anyway. Where are you going to post your own schedule? Btw I wasn't implying that the 2 blocks would leave CN entirely. I just thought that since these two blocks certainly can't sustain 24 hours I just thought that maybe they could together. But I see why my idea would be kind of pointless especially in 2022. Its actually an idea I had in my head for a while now. Do you think I should delete the post?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts