"Tiny Toons Looniversity" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Toon Guy

Great news, but I am a bit miffed that the first season (apparently now 10 episodes, but 3 episodes could be specials? Or more than 10 episodes in a season "scare" streamers now LOL) is being dropped on Max before Cartoon Network releases it weekly. I was hoping for a more traditional release model. Never mind, I'm still watching it like it's intended.

awinger24

Great news, but I am a bit miffed that the first season (apparently now 10 episodes, but 3 episodes could be specials? Or more than 10 episodes in a season "scare" streamers now LOL) is being dropped on Max before Cartoon Network releases it weekly. I was hoping for a more traditional release model. Never mind, I'm still watching it like it's intended.
I probably think that WBD Max split the initial 2 season series order (13 for each season) into 3 seasons.

Season 1 will have 10 episodes
Season 2 and 3 will have 8 episodes.
That will make up the 26 episodes written and produced.

It’s what Netflix did to Cuphead by splitting one huge season order into three seasons. It was a contractual loophole to pay the creative staff less money.

flashfunk03

Looks like the show will cook
IMG_9829.jpeg

awinger24

I’m a little bit on the fence about the Tiny Toons reboot given how they decided to let Erin Gibson showrun and co-produce it, and according to her bio she has no animation experience.

Also, I believe that Sweetie became a main character (plus have many episodes focusing on her) as a studio mandate because they wanted it to have it premiered during Tweety’s 80th birthday.

Awhile ago, an unfinished test pilot leaked and there were a few not happy about it. Two episodes were shown at Comic Con and the audience appears to like it.

I’m hope Zendaya doesn’t voice Lola (highly doubt she is returning) or the Tunes pretend Pepé Le Pew doesn’t exist anymore (it’s better that they don’t make fun of him like being erased into the void (if Animaniacs is his official last appearance.))

Now, having Erin Gibson as showrunner in my opinion is almost similar to HBO Max executives wanting Mindy Kaling to showrun Velma and it’s a self-insert show with a lot of poorly written meta humor. Gibson’s biography says she is moreso pro-girl power. And I feel like most of these self insert traits would go directly to Sweetie (and maybe a little bit of Babs). I didn’t want to use the word feminist because it does sound a little off-putting.

I’m probably gonna let the first season stand on its own merits since it was developed and produced under WarnerMedia. And I believe things will loosen up in Season 2 with more creative control.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Honestly, from what I've seen, Tiny Toons Looniversity already looks like it'll be better than Animaniacs 2020. Tiny Toons at least seems to have its identity figured out from the get go while Animaniacs never really found it. I'll definitely be sure to check it out.

pallas

I’m a little bit on the fence about the Tiny Toons reboot given how they decided to let Erin Gibson showrun and co-produce it, and according to her bio she has no animation experience.

Presumably Steven Spielberg is savvy enough to know whether someone needs animation experience to do a good job.

The leaked, unfinished episode was pretty bad, but this scene on Youtube from the first episode is pretty good, so I'm optimistic that most episodes won't be bad:

I like how Buster and Plucky are on equal footing (unlike the old show where Buster and Babs sometimes torture Plucky because the audience watching the show prefers rabbits so they are in charge, okay maybe that was just one episode)

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Cartoon Network uploaded an episode to YouTube. It's also on the CN website and On Demand. The CN website says it's episode 1 when it's not, but my On Demand says it's episode 7.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Cartoon Network uploaded an episode to YouTube. It's also on the CN website and On Demand. The CN website says it's episode 1 when it's not, but my On Demand says it's episode 7.
That's strange, they didn't started with the first episode but with a random episode. I'd rather wait to watch the show from the start.

Vuxovich

It seems more likely that Montana Max will either have his new voice actor or he will not appear in the show at all. Danny Cooksey reprising his role as Monty sounds like a rumor to me. TV Tropes ain't all true.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
It was all right. It takes a lot to impress my 40 year old curmudgeon-y self but at least it wasn't an insult to the original series, which it easily could've been, especially given those early leaks which were pretty lousy.

Most of my criticisms are personal nitpicks, like why Hamton suddenly has a Southern accent. And Babs in general hasn't really done much for me yet. That said, one change I did like is Sweetie's new punk look!

cheril59

Replacing Maurice LaMarche as Dizzy Devil, Betsy Sodaro! Her inflections are nearly dead-on in this new show.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts