"Peacock (NBCUniversal Streaming Service)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!

MegasMilo379

Finally.
Rumors that Peacock will do a relaunch in early 2022.
At first, I thought it seemed odd for Peacock to relaunch a year after it's official launch. But after reading the article, I agreed - considering that it soft-launched and officially launched during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the fact that the Universal movies will stream there exclusively after their theater runs - it makes so much sense.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Rumors that Peacock will do a relaunch in early 2022.

At first, I thought it seemed odd for Peacock to relaunch a year after it's official launch. But after reading the article, I agreed - considering that it soft-launched and officially launched during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the fact that the Universal movies will stream there exclusively after their theater runs - it makes so much sense.
Maybe throw in some animated original series for kids/families too, without any Hulu agreements and be produced by Universal, not DreamWorks.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Maybe throw in some animated original series for kids/families too, without any Hulu agreements and be produced by Universal, not DreamWorks.
You forget, that they own DreamWorks, plus Universal don't usually produce anything animated (FWIR), most of it is done by Illumination and DreamWorks.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Moe

Ouch, I hate to see NBCUniversal lost money on Peacock but I don't personally recognize Comcast as legitimate company that own NBCUniversal due to vertical merger, in my opinion.

I don't understand about why they put mandatory ads on The A-Team on Peacock for anyone who subscribed ads free plan, including myself, even they are owned by NBC.

NBCUniversal needs to bring more contents like Knight Rider, Miami Vice, Adam-12 (1968 and 1990 series) and many others if assume that deal with Starz is non-exclusive.

I thought that have WWE contents would help Peacock but I may be wrong.

the greenman

Universal has it's stuff all over. Ted Lasso is theirs but on Apple+. Some stuff is on Hulu, but they really keep alot of stuff on NBC.com.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I don't personally recognize Comcast as legitimate company that own NBCUniversal due to vertical merger, in my opinion.
Yeah. With AT&T-Warner, AOL Time Warner, and Verizon-Yahoo all failing, I don't think phone/wireless companies are fit to run media companies. Comcast should really spin off NBCU.

• Agree
Reactions: Moe

Moe

they really keep alot of stuff on NBC.com.
It should merged into Peacock and give the subscribers a option to have ads free, so keep NBC.com and Peacock separately don't make any sense unless Peacock is strictly paid service only.

Yeah. With AT&T-Warner, AOL Time Warner, and Verizon-Yahoo all failing, I don't think phone/wireless companies are fit to run media companies. Comcast should really spin off NBCU.
I'm surprised that Time Warner went thorough a hard time so I just want to see DC successful like Marvel did.

I learned that new Universal films coming to Peacock in 2022, start with 4th month after movie theater and it will be removed after 18th months, so that means 14 months on service, but contrast to Disney, new movies after 2019 are on Disney+ permanently months after left movie theater but time window is getting narrower now - it went from 8 months for Captain Marvel to 90 days last year, then 45 days now.

I'm getting tired of many useless streaming services that drive the licensing costs up to make expensive for subscribers. Competition is good but definitely not over-competition. Amazon needs to exit the streaming business or sell to other companies, so Amazon should focus on store to sell the goods and Prime used to be cheaper in the past, but not anymore.

DogBoneController

I'm surprised that Time Warner went thorough a hard time so I just want to see DC successful like Marvel did.
Time Warner/WarnerMedia have been in an downward spiral ever since Steve Ross died.

As for DCEU, it will never be as big as MCU as long as WB executives keep insisting on interfering in every project they do.

the greenman

It should merged into Peacock and give the subscribers a option to have ads free, so keep NBC.com and Peacock separately don't make any sense unless Peacock is strictly paid service only.

The issue is with Comcast. They want to keep NBC.com for their cable subscribers. Peacock just saw the plans for PAID subscribers made "Halloween Kills" decent B.O. recently.

Moe

Time Warner/WarnerMedia have been in an downward spiral ever since Steve Ross died.

As for DCEU, it will never be as big as MCU as long as WB executives keep insisting on interfering in every project they do.
Oh wow, Steve Ross died on my 5th birthday. :oops:

The issue is with Comcast. They want to keep NBC.com for their cable subscribers. Peacock just saw the plans for PAID subscribers made "Halloween Kills" decent B.O. recently.

They made some contents like Knight Rider and Miami Vice free to anyone on NBC.com so no cable subscription required.

homeofthebadguys

I'm getting tired of many useless streaming services that drive the licensing costs up to make expensive for subscribers. Competition is good but definitely not over-competition. Amazon needs to exit the streaming business or sell to other companies, so Amazon should focus on store to sell the goods and Prime used to be cheaper in the past, but not anymore.
The word you're looking for is oversaturation. It's funny that the general ad-supported streamers share libraries of a few networks (aside from some unique exclusives), but exclusivity and oversaturation are never a problem.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts