Popular shows you've never seen.

VG_Addict

Title is self-explanatory. What are some popular/critically-acclaimed shows you've never seen?

I've never seen a single episode of Friends or X-Files.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
A bunch:
Survivor
Game of Thrones
The Bachelor
Squid Game
The West Wing
24 (seen clips only)
The Apprentice (again, clips only)
CSI and its spin-offs
Sons of Anarchy
The Handmaid's Tale
Doctor Who

More if I think of them.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
For me, it's almost too many to list, but here are some:

Friends
24 (I've only seen clips of it)
Star Trek Voyager (again, only clips of it)
Survivor
Big Brother (pretty much any reality show)
The Masked Singer
American Idol (again, only clips)
Doctor Who
Game of Thrones
Westworld
The Vampire Dairies
The Sopranos
The Handmaid's Tale

Dr.Pepper

-Basically any premium cable show like Sex and the City, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, etc.
-Almost any streaming original that’s live action such as Squid Games, Stranger Things, etc
-Doctor Who
-The Bachelor
-Masked Singer
-X-Files (or if I did I was a little kid)

the greenman

A bunch:
Survivor
Game of Thrones
The Bachelor
Squid Game
The West Wing
24 (seen clips only)
The Apprentice (again, clips only)
CSI and its spin-offs
Sons of Anarchy
The Handmaid's Tale
Doctor Who

More if I think of them.

With the exception of Survivor, some of CSI, and old school Dr. Who mines would be the same.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Nearly all live-action stuff.

Except for Friends, CSI and The Masked Singer, I haven't seen anything mentioned in this thread. I also haven't seen Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones...

I don't understand how anyone can like the fast talking in programs like CSI. You get no time to think.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I just never got into Game of Thrones. I understand why it's popular but I'm not really interested in the show if I'm being honest.

Last edited:

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Do you mean shows you haven't seen any of, or shows you've watched very little of? And if you do mean shows you've seen next to nothing of, do you mean ones that you have no interest in?

Because there is a difference. For instance, I've seen enough of The Big Bang Theory, Stranger Things, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine to know that none of them are my thing at all. But for more blind takes, I've seen virtually none of Squid Game, and I don't really have the interest in it. Meanwhile, even though it's on my radar for my blog, I've seen only bits and pieces of The Golden Girls, and I hope to watch it on Hulu soon.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Oh, thought of a big one: The Walking Dead. Zombies aren't my bag.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Oh, lots.

The Sopranos (I don't like mob stuff)
The Walking Dead (I don't like zombie stuff)
The Vampire Dairies (I don't like vampire stuff)
Game of Thrones (it looked too big and boring for me to want to keep up with)

The following all belong on a very specific list:

Friends
Westworld
The Wonder Years
Modern Family
Black-ish and its' spinoffs
Succession
Stranger Things
Any reality show
Anything on TLC

-These shows I've only either seen clips of or saw just enough of to know that they're not for me.

I know there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Light Lucario

Staff member
There are plenty of popular live action series that I've never seen. I've never seen Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, Stranger Things, any of the CSI shows, pretty much every reality show and Star Trek. A lot of the huge popular shows don't really appeal to me.

Pooky

Staff member
One very popular show of the moment I can't imagine watching is Ted Lasso. Got very tired of sitcoms that seem to be "nice" and "healing" etc at the expense of being funny or creative. I thought The Good Place was great for its first two seasons and Parks & Recreation had its moments, but in their later seasons it became clear the writers were a lot more in love with their characters than I was.

khuddle

X Files
Big Bang Theory

I saw an episode or two of Friends, just to see what the fuss was all about. Didn't laugh once :(

LinusFan303

Squeak
Anything on HBO (pretty much) , Showtime, those things. Most Netflix stuff (I usually get it twice a year only)

CSI , Law and Order Shows ( I think I prefer Murder, She Wrote, Monk, Psych, instead)
NCIS
Seinfeld
Roseanne/ THE Conners
Star Trek series
Two and Half Men
Survivor/ Amazing Race/ American Idol/ The Voice
The Office

Pooky

Staff member
I saw an episode or two of Friends, just to see what the fuss was all about. Didn't laugh once :(

I would say the same of How I Met Your Mother, but I did laugh precisely once. I can't remember what it was, but I did laugh.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
One very popular show of the moment I can't imagine watching is Ted Lasso. Got very tired of sitcoms that seem to be "nice" and "healing" etc at the expense of being funny or creative. I thought The Good Place was great for its first two seasons and Parks & Recreation had its moments, but in their later seasons it became clear the writers were a lot more in love with their characters than I was.
Heh, I feel the same way about Mike Schur's shows. Brooklyn Nine-Nine feels like... well, if you've ever seen The Young Ones, Vyvan's rant on The Good Life is a precise way to describe my feelings on it.

I did like Parks and Rec when it was new, and I did enjoy The Good Place at first, but I just don't like the danger-free tone these shows have as much. Which is a shame, since some of these characters are quite good- I'm well past my Ron Swanson worship, but I loved April Ludgate and Janet until they lost their flavor a few seasons in.

And I'm similarly wary about Ted Lasso. For how edgeless I worry it'll be, and that I just really don't want to get Apple+. But it does have a couple of other series I'm interested in...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts