DreamWorks Animation News and Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The Boss Baby: Back In The Crib is getting a Christmas special on December 6. George Lopez is guest starring.

harry580

so, to recap all the events, puss in boots the last wish made a lot of million & was nominated for a Oscar while rudy gillman teenage kraken flopped, anything else?

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
so, to recap all the events, puss in boots the last wish made a lot of million & was nominated for a Oscar while rudy gillman teenage kraken flopped, anything else?
DreamWorks Animation and Netflix are taking their collaborating even further to bring us "Orion and the Dark", one of DWA's upcoming features. It will be directed by Sean Charmatz (who worked on SpongeBob Squarepants), written by Charlie Kaufman (the writer of Being John Malkovich!), based on the 2014 children's book by Emma Yarlett, and starring Jacob Tremblay (Luca) as Orion and Paul Walter Hauser as the Dark. Werner Herzog is even starring in the film. Animation will be provided by Mikros, just like the Captain Underpants movie. The movie is set for release in 2024.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Having enjoyed seeing Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken last month, I'm disappointed that Dreamworks didn't even care about promoting the film, which is why it flopped at the box office.

Mr.O

Having enjoyed seeing Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken last month, I'm disappointed that Dreamworks didn't even care about promoting the film, which is why it flopped at the box office.
I finally got around to watching it and it was thoroughly decent. Nothing too special, but not bad by any stretch. What happened to it? I've been in and out of theaters all summer and never saw the option to even purchase tickets? Was it pulled out super fast?

ShadowBeast

I saw the trailers many times during commercials, and the biggest problem for the film was that the trailers revealed too much, and while this has been happening to movies for a while now, The Ruby Gillman trailers took it even farther that it practically told the whole story. If the film had kept the original plot for Chelsea, that would've at least given us something unexpected from the film.

Moe

Same here, I didn't realize that was flopped until I looked at box office and I was like whoa.

I do think that strong competition hurt Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken and I'm interested to see about how much money is made in home video (DVD, BD, digital). I bought it digitally.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Honestly the marketing for the Ruby was terrible and the timing too (they released this the same month as Across The Spider Verse, Rise Of The Beast and Indiana Jones ….)

harry580

looks like theres a new horror animated show by dreamworks animation is coming to peacock & hulu:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I created a thread for the show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts