The European Union map.
schengen_area_eu_countries.png

Nutella's original name was Supercrema.
FirstVersions_Nutella-Supercrema.png

This Smart fortwo car is also a café.
smart-car-1024x879.jpeg

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Windows NT 4.0's Hungarian boot logo in the 4-bit and 32-bit color depths.
windowsnt4hu_logo_16colors.png

windowsnt4hu_logo_truecolors.png

Some images from Windows 98 Setup (Hungarian version). In order: formatting the disk, beginning and ending of copying files.
windows98hun_setupformat.png

windows98hun_setupbegin.png

windows98hun_setupend.png

Windows 98's "1st boot" screen in Hungarian. Unlike the English version, the gradient bar doesn't move.
windows98hun_1stboot.png

stephane dumas

Anyone who remember AOL, Compuserve and Prodigy?
This vintage instruction manual guides the user through joining online communities and getting online content without any of that difficult technical jargon. Copied from Archive.org: This is a VHS tape called "Everything You Need To Know About... Introduction to the Internet" It's apparently "95021" in the series.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
One of Canal+'s prototypical logos as Canal 4.
ezgif-5-2f0fd35e10.png

Lil Wayne's first instalment of his Tha Carter series.
R-20835796-1635942415-3154.jpg

The signature running gag from Jesse Chuku aka Chewkz.
14850335060599330617_mq.png

BlooCNBoy02

In my Hungarian Windows XP VM, I set the Zune theme. My favorite, along with the silver variant of Luna.
windowsxp_zune.png

BlooCNBoy02

Deviantart currently has technical difficulties, unfortunately (at the point when I wrote this message). :(
20220816_204358.jpg

BlooCNBoy02

I formerly posted how my Anime Superhero page is being handled by Internet Explorer versions that shipped with the respective Windows systems.

Now, here are the results of the same site with Firefox versions.

2.0.0.20 is the final supported version on Windows NT 4.0 and 98. On NT 4.0, I forgot to set the screen color palette to True Color (later I did), so it is shown in 256-color mode. It acts weird, as the avatar couldn't size to its place properly.
The Windows 98 Plus theme I used is Cityscape, hence the different cursor and typeface.
aspage_win98plus.png

aspage_winnt4.png

12.0 is the final supported version on Windows 2000. This was now looked better! Although the browser is English, Win2000 is Hungarian. I couldn't find a Hungarian version of it.
aspage_win2000.png

BlooCNBoy02

Comparison of avatars that some of my friends use, in 3 different color depths.
The users in order: @Cézar_Delacierra, @CNFan89x, @Fernzéhen, @Fone Bone, @ilpuyopuyo, @NixcoBox12, @Perla Magica, @techyyt, @VHXattilatv01 and @zb1ash.
Top row: 16 colors (4-bit depth)
Middle row: 256 colors (8-bit depth)
Bottom row: true color (original, 24-bit depth)

The 256-color versions are basically the pixelated versions of the true-color ones. Although Fone Bone's true-color version is already pixelated, the 256-color one is more pixelated.
But, here are the things that happened on the 16-color versions, comparing them to the 256-color ones.
- Cézar Delacierra: the orange colors became either grayish, dark orange or burgundy.
- The CN Fan 89: the burgundy-yellow gradients are gone, it separated into yellow, red and pink.
- Fernzéhen: the character's hair looks weird in the sense of color separations. The beige and yellow colors became gray, and the blue TV screen became pixelatedly turquoise.
- Fone Bone: the color system thinks as if he wears gray gloves instead of damo green.
- IlPuyoPuyo(tchi): most of the colors became gray, purple became dark blue and light pink became white.
- NixcoBox12: the light green grass background became gray, but most of the character's colors were managed to be kept.
- I really love how Perla Magica's colors were managed to be kept, even if it became static-esque.
- TechY's avatar became wholly B&W, and the character is barely visible.
- VHX / attilatv: light blue became gray, some of the lines are lost, and the words behind Stimpy are gone.
- zb1: red and dark orange became either burgundy or yellow, and the character's hair became gray.

BlooCNBoy02

My Anime Superhero page on various old versions of browsers, part 3: Opera.

9.64 (Windows NT 4.0 and 98). As you can see on the NT 4.0 screenshot, the then-online administrator PinkieLopBun's avatar couldn't size properly.
aspage_winnt4_opera.png

aspage_win98_opera.png

12.02 (last version that can run on Windows 2000). Like 9.64, the "Who's on Discord?" section gives a secure transaction error. On unsupported versions like this and 9.64, Youtube gives an info that "this browser cannot play the video".
aspage_win2000_opera.png

36 (last version that can run on XP and Vista, XP shown below).
aspage_winxp_opera.png

BlooCNBoy02

XP-ception: XP on XP. I installed XP on Virtual PC 2007 inside an XP which was installed in VMWare (on Windows 10).
xponxp_4.png

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts