"Power Rangers Beast Morphers" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Micahel Cataldo

Will Saturday's new episode of Power Rangers Beast Morphers be about the end of the relationship of Nate and Zoey? We'll find out soon.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
And here we are at the last episode before the hiatus.

PRBM.jpg

Episode 31 - "Secret Struggle"
Air Date: April 25th, 2020

Steel learns that Nate and Zoey have feelings for each other and tries to bring them together, despite the strict Grid Battleforce rules that forbid relationships between Rangers.

Assuming society doesn't implode in the next few months, see you back here around August for the home stretch of Beast Morphers, including a special team-up!

Reactions: RDG

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Power Rangers Beast Morphers "Secret Struggle"

That was nice.

I like that the climax was character based and not much to do with that Zord nonsense. Plus Zoey doing those backflips through the air was pretty sweet.

The cliffhanger was good too and sort of clarified what had happened to the Mayor. I guess I hadn't understood that bit.

A solid week. ****.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
The UK will begin to burn through the remaining Beast Morphers episodes tomorrow up until the 26th on the network POP. So they'll even get the teamup before the US, which is scheduled to premiere there on the 17th.

You can even see the names of those episodes as well as their descriptions below. Currently, only one episode title remains unknown. The episodes probably aren't listed in the proper order, for the currently soon-to-be named episode sounds like it's probably meant to be placed before the teamup episode. Lastly, even though there are 22 episodes total, it doesn't seem like we'll get any holiday episodes this time.

1009 - The Evox Snare
Grid Battleforce shuts down the Morph-X towers to lure Evox into a trap.

1010 - Intruder Alert!
The Rangers receive a strange message from outer space warning of an impending threat.

1011 - The Greater Good
The Rangers do everything they can to help their new ally return home.

1012 - Finders Keepers
A hasty decision by Zoey puts an old friend in danger.

1013 - Grid Connection
In an epic battle, the Beast Morphers team up with the Dino Thunder, Dino Charge, and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to defeat the newest member of Evox's team.

1014 - Golden Opportunity
Nate is reunited with his do-gooder parents, who offer him a compelling and difficult choice.

1015 - Goin' Ape
Ravi and Roxy's anniversary hits a major snag when a misunderstanding gets out of control.

1016 - The Silva Switch
Nate and Steel accidently swap bodies!

1017 - Fossil Frenzy
When Zoey accidentally ruins her brother's chances for a scholarship, she’ll do anything to make it right.

1018 - Crunch Time
Devon falls victim to a bad influence, which affects his relationship with Cruise.

1019 - Source Code
Nate makes a horrifying discovery and must rely on the wisdom of an ally to help him work through it.

1020 - Evox Unleashed
Evox finally executes his master plan, and the Rangers must do everything they can to stop him, even potentially sacrifice one of their own.

1022 - Making Bad
Evox decides to add a new villain to his team and commands his minions to find the evilest villain of all time.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
The episode list I posted 3 posts up is now complete. The unnamed episode in the list finally has a name now.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Oh hello there. Beast Morphers is back, along with a face from the past!

PRBM.jpg

Episode 32 - "The Evox Snare"
Air Date: September 19th, 2020

Grid Battleforce shuts down the Morph-X towers to lure Evox into a trap.

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Ah, it's good to be back. I just watched the episode and thought it was a treat. It's rare to get continuity-heavy episodes like this outside of the team-ups. Welcome back, Dr. K, it's been too long. Grid Battleforce's random merchandise vault is amusing if only for how much stuff they apparently stumbled onto (including some Morphers they probably shouldn't have). The Rangers' plan to draw out Evox was pretty clever, and the ending gag from Ben, Betty, and Commander Burke was one of their best.

kanc

Maybe its me.. but on my nick app, they haven't added new episode there, in fact for error all episodes were removed.. but im hoping they should restore it soon

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Power Rangers Beast Morphers "The Evox Snare"

That was actually not terrible. Sue me. I liked it.

I like that the show has Devon refuse to go along with the plan that could potentially kill his father. I fully understand the idea of The Greater Good, but it would be narrative malpractice not to make the moral that you don't give up on your family. Maybe it's not a shock the show went in this direction. But I'm not going to talk smack about it because it did.

I was cringing and wondering why Benny and Betty's actors are always allowed zero personal dignity. And then they allowed them to geek out over past Ranger gear and I thought that was all right.

I think I recognize the name Zenowing from Dino Charge, but I couldn't place the incarnation of Rangers Dr. K was from. I had assumed Dr. K would be code for Kendra from Dino Charge but it's another incarnation entirely. It must be from a season I missed.

I'm giving that a positive review. Deal with it. ****.

Scrappy-Fan92

Power Rangers Beast Morphers "The Evox Snare"

That was actually not terrible. Sue me. I liked it.

I like that the show has Devon refuse to go along with the plan that could potentially kill his father. I fully understand the idea of The Greater Good, but it would be narrative malpractice not to make the moral that you don't give up on your family. Maybe it's not a shock the show went in this direction. But I'm not going to talk smack about it because it did.

I was cringing and wondering why Benny and Betty's actors are always allowed zero personal dignity. And then they allowed them to geek out over past Ranger gear and I thought that was all right.

I think I recognize the name Zenowing from Dino Charge, but I couldn't place the incarnation of Rangers Dr. K was from. I had assumed Dr. K would be code for Kendra from Dino Charge but it's another incarnation entirely. It must be from a season I missed.

I'm giving that a positive review. Deal with it. ****.
Dr. K hails from Power Rangers R.P.M., the last of the Disney seasons. That series, much like Dino Charge, is in its own continuity.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Power Rangers Beast Morphers "Intruder Alert!"

That was tiresome. To be fair, I DID do a lot of TV binging last night, and I didn't see this at my freshest. But still, but overall impression of when it was over was to be glad it was.

Not to say there wasn't an individual element or two that worked. Ryjax as a villain has an annoying accent and voice, but the rhino design is cool, and he is cleverer than all of the other bad guys, so I don't find him useless either. So not EVERYTHING sucked.

You know the alien was a good guy because the Rangers couldn't understand him. If he were a villain the show would have had him monologuing about how evil he is instantly. This show is NOT subtle about stuff like that. The way you know he isn't a bad guy is because that isn't the first thing he declares upon meeting them.

Return of the Puddies. To be honest, if they weren't going to bother to show that super cheap but weirdly cool disintegrating visual effect the show used back in 1994 when they were killed, they might as well have not even bothered bringing them back at all. For me that was their entire selling point. Like the vampire dustings un Buffy, despite being super cheap to produce, those deaths LOOKED really cool. I really wanted to see that corny effect again.

The worst thing in the episode was the show asking the audience to laugh at Ben and Betty slipping on the marbles and falling down. Has no parent EVER called the show out for the amount of pure fat shaming it repeatedly engages in? Because 25 years (and counting) later, it STILL does it. Are you telling me NOBODY'S made a stink? EVER? I don't buy it. After all people have been complaining the show is stupid and badly written since its inception, and they've never bothered to fix that either.

I'm glad that's over. My night of binging did NOT end on a high note. *1/2.

Scrappy-Fan92

I've admittedly never thought of it as fat-shaming. Ben and Betty do pratfalls because Bulk and Skull (and Spike, Victor, and Monty) did pratfalls. The tuba brass that was part of Bulk & Skull's theme (and generally carried over to their successors) was meant to represent Bulk's girth according to Jason Narvy, so there's some questionability there. I guess it's easier to ignore it because there was always at least one lanky person in the comedic duo(s) getting the various food objects thrown in their face as well. Bulk himself proved popular enough to stick around and gain some depth beyond stupid bully who tended to get karmically punished for his bluster. It's not happening at all, but I do wish Ben and Betty were carried over to Dino Fury so the writers could get the chance to workshop them like they did with Bulk, Skull, and Stone in the 90's. You want to create the new generation successors to those guys? Keep the current actors on speed-dial so you can give them a different gimmick each time. It won't always work, but you can get multi-year payoff as seen in "Countdown to Destruction."

...Gosh, I've missed discussing Power Rangers here.

As for the episode itself, yeah it won't reach the fanboy gleefulness of the one before it, but I mostly enjoyed it. Scattered thoughts:

-Hello, Galaxy Police person who is most definitely not a VR Trooper. Sure was nice of you to steal another planet's resources out in the open and not expect to get jailed for it. On the other side of the token, it's honestly a miracle the Rangers didn't blow him up on the spot.
-Putties and Viviks? Gee, I wonder if that's foreshadowing for anything. Also kind of weird the Rangers wouldn't recognize the former. The latter I can understand due to Dino Charge taking place in a separate dimension, but we had a whole episode about the glorious Ranger Vault just the week before.
-Ben and Betty's security system actually working at the end was nice to see. Weird how they're like the only employees outside of the Rangers and hat girl to actually do anything in this show.
-Vargoyle, you flew too close to the sun. Should've gone into hiding after being freed from your compliance collar and waited for the heat to die down, even if Devon would've likely hunted you down anyway. Also, what's the protocol for a government-sanctioned organization to deal with an intergalactic terrorist who was already killed once before even when he technically hadn't done anything illegal (of his own free will) upon resurrection?
-We ever gonna see regular Blaze and Roxy again? I can understand them not wanting to be involved with this mess anymore, but even just a throwaway line from Devon like "How are we gonna explain this to Roxy?" when Ravi and Zoe were incapacitated would've been appreciated.
-Beast Bots, I wish you showed up more often.

With the Pan Global Games episode also in the tank, we are officially halfway done with this season. Here's hoping they keep up the momentum.

Last edited:

Mandouga

Hello, Galaxy Police person who is most definitely not a VR Trooper.

He's a "Metal Hero". To be exact, "Captain Chaku" (as they call him in this show) is actually "Space Sheriff Gavan" (a tokustatsu show from the 1980s that was also the first "Metal Hero" show).

Anyway, let me be honest. Most episodes of this show have been alright, but this one was clearly forced. As you point out, he was stealing Morph-X, plus he was speaking an alien language. The Rangers apologize for "jumping to conclusions", but what were they supposed to think? Not only that, but what were the viewers supposed to think? Why couldn't he have done that thing with his helmet from the start? Even then, he was still stealing Morph-X. The franchise is usually (repeat: "usually") better than this. So yeah, I don't like how this episode makes it look as though it was the Rangers' fault, when they literally couldn't have possibly known that "Captain Chaku" wasn't the bad guy they were looking for.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts