"Power Rangers Dino Fury" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
PR-DinoFury-header.jpg

An adaptation of Super Sentai 43, Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger, Power Rangers Dino Fury is exclusive to Netflix.

Previous Power Rangers Premiere Talkbacks:
Dino Charge - Season 1/Season 2
Ninja Steel - Season 1/Season 2
Beast Morphers - Season 1 / Season 2
Dino Fury - Season 1
------------------------------------

Today, the first 11 episodes of Dino Fury season 2 dropped on Netflix, marking Power Rangers' first true foray into being a streaming-exclusive series. The episode titles are as follows:
  1. Numero Uno
  2. The Festival
  3. Missing Pieces
  4. Tiny Trouble
  5. Stitched Up
  6. Jam Session
  7. New Leaf
  8. Serious Business
  9. The Hunt
  10. Losers Weepers
  11. The Copycat

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Binge culture throws such a wrench into these kinds of threads. I went through the eleven episodes yesterday and today, and they were fun. I'm liking this turn of events for Void Knight. He may be a rude boss who regularly terrorized Earth, but he was generally pragmatic and his greatest wish being granted has become an outright nightmare. Like, it's rare for a PR villain to not only get exactly what they want but immediately regret it after. Other assorted thoughts:

-Javi telling off Warden Garcia was more satisfying than I thought it would be.
-Ollie finally beginning to loosen up about the supernatural is welcome. Also, the Rangers have access to a database of past Rangers. They do know ghosts are in fact real in this universe?
-Speaking of the Legendary Database, how come Tommy in the archive footage sounded off, but Billy and Rocky sounded like themselves? I can't remember if that was just how Tommy sounded in the episode proper, or if they happened to get mostly spot-on soundalikes for the other two.
-There will always be a level of dissonance when PR characters make fun of jokes for being cheesy. They make bad jokes all the time. Sometimes intentionally, but still.
-Aiyon buying gold knickknacks with his money is on-brand.
-I'm surprised at no point did none of the Rangers or Solon note that the briefcase of money really didn't belong to Aiyon or Izzy. If you find something that belonged to the government, it's yours, kids.
-I'm enjoying the villain line-up we've got going. Mucus, Slyther, and the pirate guy whose name I've unfortunately forgotten are pretty fun.
-I'm going to assume I missed the full motive back in season 1, but do we know how and when Void Knight wound up on Earth again? Did someone shoot him down?
-Also, this is pedantic PR nerdery at its most volatile, but what species do Void Knight/Tarrick and Santaura qualify as if they're not human? As we know, humans exist everywhere in this universe.
-The humans-to-trees effect looked decent. We've come a long way since the Photoshop filters of Lost Galaxy.
-I definitely felt the dread of Zayto finding his home planet just wiped off the map. Would the three suns still be able to orbit a nonexistent planet like that? I know, I know, Power Rangers beat science with an aluminum bat, but still.

Now to wait months on end for the other half of this series. See you around.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
The final episodes of Dino Fury season 2 have been added to Netflix today! The episode titles are as follow:

12. Ultimate Mystery
13. Love Hate
14. Rafkon Revealed
15. Morphin Master
16. Wishful Thinking
17. Things Unspoken
18. Guilt Trip
19. Bad Vibes
20. The Invasion
21. The Truth
22. The Nemesis

Until recently, I was considering dropping the Power Rangers talkbacks after this season, ending my 14 year run doing these (since all the way back to RPM). Seems like barely anyone here is still watching, and I'm far behind myself. But as mentioned in my previous post, for the first time since Mighty Morphin, Dino Fury will be the first Power Rangers incarnation to last THREE seasons. So I figure, hey, how about one more go?

So I'll be back next year for Power Rangers Cosmic Fury!

Mandouga

for the first time since Mighty Morphin, Dino Fury will be the first Power Rangers incarnation to last THREE seasons.

That hasn’t really been confirmed as far as I know. Yes, the Dino Fury cast is coming back, but that could mean anything. It could be just for the premiere for all we know.

In any case, I’m looking forward to more news…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy-Fan92

Having watched the remaining eleven episodes over the past few days, I came away from this season pretty satisfied. Way too many assorted thoughts:

-Something about the dialogue seemed more jokey than usual. It was really weird.
-Conversely, the story itself had a more somber and dare I say it mature tone. Ollie and Amelia had their sitcom romantic misunderstanding, but they ultimately resolved it like adults.
-Izzy and Fern are sweet, and I feel bad that Izzy has to basically put her athletic life on hold in the name of duty.
-Lord Zedd was pretty good for his return appearance. He sounded more like himself (quite literally) and Scrozzle was a welcome return.
-The Rafkon arc was a fun change of pace, Aiyon having to reluctantly pull Zayto away from reminiscing was one of the heavier moments of this season, though obviously dwarfed by the entirety of Rafkon exploding just as quickly as the Rangers found it. I can only hope no animals were still on that planet. And if there weren't animals, how did the flora manage to propagate the way it did?
-Void Queen's whole deal is weird. She refers to her Sporix minions as her babies, I guess because Santaura was empowered by Sporix. Though given what we know about Santaura now, it's possible she was just trying to fill, well, a void in her life.
-The last three episodes had very basic titles. "The Invasion", "The Truth", and "The Nemesis." It felt like I was watching a marathon of Gumball episodes. Really, they feel like subtitles for a proper three-parter. We don't get official multi-parters anymore, I wonder why.
-The last arc was probably the most engrossed I'd been in a Power Rangers endgame since R.P.M. or Super Samurai. Just some good drama and action all around.
-Pour one out for the Zords, sacrificed so Zayto could take down the Nemesis Beast, which didn't really even work.
-When Zayto died,
I expected the rest of his team to do the five-person roll call with the vacant space like in Ryusoulger.
-Kudos to the production crew for all of the original footage we got in this series. Some of the most dynamic fight scenes in Power Rangers in quite some time. I'm presuming the Zord sacrifice sequence was also original footage.
-"Wishful Thinking" and "Guilt Trip" were legitimately funny episodes. Izzy getting turned into a smaller version of the T-Rex Champion Zord should not make me smile as much as it did. I kind of missed the madcap silliness of early Power Rangers.

I'll write more later (maybe).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts