Power Rangers not so popular anymore?

Light Lucario

Staff member
Based on my limited knowledge of the series, changing the casts with every season was kind of a necessity. It probably made it easier for new fans to jump into the franchise if they didn't feel the need to rewatch previous seasons in order to follow along with the new one. It might have made it easier to use the sentai footage if they didn't have to create new explanations for the cast to get new powers too.

I'm sure that the decision was still a turnoff for a lot of fans, but I think that it probably helped to keep the franchise going instead of keeping the same characters around all this time.

powerjake

Banned
I'm sure that the decision was still a turnoff for a lot of fans, but I think that it probably helped to keep the franchise going instead of keeping the same characters around all this time.

The actors age as time goes on and they can also get bored of their roles making them move on to something else.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
Based on my limited knowledge of the series, changing the casts with every season was kind of a necessity. It probably made it easier for new fans to jump into the franchise if they didn't feel the need to rewatch previous seasons in order to follow along with the new one. It might have made it easier to use the sentai footage if they didn't have to create new explanations for the cast to get new powers too.

I've always preferred it that way once they started doing that, although I like how the first seven seasons were connected by having most of the cast members carry over into the following season. A part of that has to to with nostalgia I guess.

powerjake

Banned
I remember watching Power Rangers as a kid but overtime I got really bored of the show. Just so easy to move on from the series and never return to it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts