Qubo News and Discussion Thread

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Aren't Rescue Heroes and Pearlie aimed at older kids
Pearlie was aimed at more or less the same audience that watches Care Bears, so that show could fit on Cartoonito. Rescue Heroes skewed a tad older (it aired on Kids' WB! for a time, and it was based on a line of toys aimed at grade school kids), but there wasn't anything hardcore or intensely violent in it, so it wouldn't be totally out of place on Cartoonito; RH was basically a slightly older skewing Paw Patrol starring humans.

The main issue surrounding both shows (aside from broadcasting rights) is that they've each been out of production for several years now; WB might not consider it worth their while to acquire them.

Last edited:

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
And besides, isn't it one of their shows for OLDER kids? It'd be like them airing Cyberchase
Pearlie was aimed at more or less the same audience that watches Care Bears, so that show could fit on Cartoonito. Rescue Heroes skewed a tad older (it aired on Kids' WB! for a time, and it was based on a line of toys aimed at grade school kids), but there wasn't anything hardcore or intensely violent in it, so it wouldn't be totally out of place on Cartoonito; RH was basically a slightly older skewing Paw Patrol starring humans.

The main issue surrounding both shows (aside from broadcasting rights) is that they've each been out of production for several years now; WB might not consider it worth their while to acquire them.
I think what's ironic is that i'm pretty sure Cartoon Network briefly aired Rescue Heroes. I may be wrong though

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
If only Cartoon Network would acquire the rights to some of the shows Qubo had and put them on Cartoonito, then that would be nice
To be honest, I doubt any of the classic Qubo shows will join Cartoonito. Pearlie, Rescue Heroes and Pecola are fairly obscure shows and just because CN had the rights to the latter two back in the 2000s, doesn't mean they'll reacquire them. That being said, the only two Qubo shows in general I could see Cartoonito picking up are Fireman Sam (it's very popular over on Cartoonito's UK channel) and Messy Goes to Okido (since HBO Max has the streaming rights).

Streaker Prower

To be honest, I doubt any of the classic Qubo shows will join Cartoonito. Pearlie, Rescue Heroes and Pecola are fairly obscure shows and just because CN had the rights to the latter two back in the 2000s, doesn't mean they'll reacquire them. That being said, the only two Qubo shows in general I could see Cartoonito picking up are Fireman Sam (it's very popular over on Cartoonito's UK channel) and Messy Goes to Okido (since HBO Max has the streaming rights).
The Qubo show that I could see Cartoonito picking up is Doki (Due to the WarnerMedia-Discovery Merger)

Philblue7

I want Cartoonito US to get the Syndication Rights to Nature Cat bc I believe Discovery Kids Latin America “which will become a sibling Cartoon Network US in 2022” airs it
PBS produced the show, remember? Nature Cat was produced by WTTW Chicago

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
Besides, to my knowledge PBS distributes Arthur in the US so they’ll not losing the rights unless something happens with WildBrain (who I think currently owns Arthur).
So pretty much, 9Story owns the current seasons when it was animated in flash while WildBrain owns the older seasons?

Cytz

It can happen
Qubo EOL timeline:

Late January - Qubo updates to 16:9 after using 4:3 for 14 years.

February 22 -
  • 11am - the last Qubo Kids Corner on ION Plus airs.
February 26 -
  • Unknown time - Qubo starts running a banner informing viewers of their shutdown.
  • 7am - the last Qubo Kids Corner on ION Television airs, ending the Qubo block after 15 years.
  • Midnight - Qubo's over the air feed is cut off and replaced with Grit.
  • Midnight (?) - Qubo stops airing commercials, filling the void with interstitials.
March 1 -
  • 12:13am - Qubo cuts to a black screen with it's screenbug.
Unknown dates
  • Early March (earliest I could find was March 6) - Qubo cuts to colored boxes.
  • June? - Qubo cuts to a black screen with nothing.
  • Late 2021? - Qubo ceases to broadcast completely.

Qubo
September 9, 2006 - March 1, 2021

This will probably be the last post on this thread.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Stay gold and Rest in Peace, Qubo.

Qubo_2018_2_1_Horizontal.png

September 9th, 2006-February 28th 2021.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts