R.I.P. Judy Tenuta (1949-2022)

Low Spark of Lyman

Are you in, genius?
Comedian, actress, and comedy musician Judy Tenuta, aka The Love Goddess, succumbed to stage 4 ovarian cancer on October 6, aged 72.

"Tenuta’s stage act was delivered in a shrill, loud, sometimes gravelly voice and often included an accordion. Her style sometimes veered toward shock" (Deadline)

Tenuta appeared in a number of "Weird Al" Yankovic videos, including The Weird Al Show. She also appeared with celebrities such as David Letterman, Pat Sajak, Dennis Miller and Joan Rivers. She hosted an HBO special with the likes of Ellen DeGeneres, Rita Rudner, Martin Short and Paula Poundstone. Her other appearances include Hollywood Squares, Comedy Central Roasts, Celebrity Wife Swap, Who Wants to Date a Comedian? and Match Game.

Tenuta was a guest voice in Space Ghost Coast to Coast (where she was also a live action guest), Duckman, Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist, Cow and Chicken, Nightmare Ned, Bruno the Kid, Johnny Bravo, Chowder and Mighty Magiswords.

cheril59

Yeah, I already posted first in the voice actors appreciation thread. But yours is perfectly understandable, I guess.

Low Spark of Lyman

Are you in, genius?
Yeah, I already posted first in the voice actors appreciation thread. But yours is perfectly understandable, I guess.
It's fine, seeing how that also happened with Larry Storch (where I posted about him there to focus on his voiceover roles when there was one thread here) earlier this year.

Not to mention it looks like your thread was posted around the time I was writing up this one; I had no idea about yours until after I posted this, checked the Angela Lansbury one, and posted about Loretta Lynn (fine time for obits, I see...).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It's fun to see James Sie talk about Jackie Chan Adventures.

No mention for Sam & Cat nor Wendell & Vinnie since those two also premiered in 2013.
Since it's the animated show that was produced in France, ''Xiaolin Chronicles'' sure deserves a redub into English. Do you want to see this happening?
Norm of the North was released 7 years ago today.
The paradigm shift of “it’s 2011 and I want all my cancelled shows back on TV!” to “you better not so much as GLANCE at Moral Orel.”

Featured Posts