R.I.P. Leo De Lyon (1925-2021)

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.

Mark Evanier has a belated obituary for Leo De Lyon, aged 96. De Lyon is best known in the voiceover field for portraying Brain and Spook in Top Cat. He also had the uncredited role of Flunkey in Disney's The Jungle Book, and made appearances on The Flintstones, The Incredible Hulk, Paw Paws, The Smurfs and Foofur.

According to Evanier (quoting reader Georgi Mihailov), the last living voice actors for early Hanna-Barbera shows now (depending on your definition of early Hanna-Barbera) are Jimmy Weldon, Tim Matheson, and Danny Bravo. I think they may have missed one: Elliot Field (Quick Draw McGraw, The Flintstones), assuming he's still alive (I mean, given how we're finding this out about Leo De Lyon...).

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.
Eurbane wrote on Ghostbuster's profile.
Nickelodeon hasen’t done much with premieres recently.

Featured Posts