R.I.P Ron Caron (1929-2012)

stephane dumas

I spotted this news about former executive of the Montreal Canadiens and St.Louis Blues, Ron Caron passed away. Here an article from TSN http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384674

MONTREAL - Ron Caron, the fiery and brilliant long-time hockey executive known as the "Professor," has died. He was 82.

Caron worked as a scout and assistant general manager under longtime GM Sam Pollock and helped build the Montreal teams that won Stanley Cups in 1971, '73 and four straight titles from '76-'79.

The Gatineau, Que., native was named general manager of the St. Louis Blues in 1983 and spent over a decade in the position, acquiring stars like Brett Hull and Doug Gilmour to build a franchise struggling to survive into a competitive team.
He died Monday night in Montreal, a Blues team spokesman confirmed Tuesday morning. No cause of death was released. Caron suffered a stroke in 2003 and had been living in a nursing home in recent years.

He died the day before the Blues were to play the Canadiens at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
"He was a very hard worker," said former Canadiens captain Jean Beliveau, who knew Caron as a player and later worked with him in the team's front office. "He was always passionate about everything he did."

Longtime Montreal broadcaster Dick Irvin said Caron was totally consumed by the sport.
"He was just so intense when it came to hockey," Irvin said. "If you listened to him, you learned a lot."

Despite a limited budget under owner Harry Ornest, Caron's Blues reached the Campbell Conference final in 1985-86, taking the Calgary Flames to a decisive seventh game.

Former Blues forward Bernie Federko -- now a team broadcaster -- said Caron will be missed.
"He put together a heck of a hockey team," said Federko."

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Dr Martin Luther King Jr Day, everybody!
I can see predictions of Nickelodeon Making the next Sonic Cartoon after Sonic Prime, Mainly Because they mentioned Sonic the Hedgehog on today's Broadcast of the Dallas-49ers Wild Card Game on Nickelodeon

And the Sonic Movie 2 TV spot.

Talk about going the extra mile.
One thing I like about Amazon and Netflix original films is that they’re greenlighting or picking up movies that are riskier,niche,or alternative then most major studio films in the last 5 years or so.

Sure they’re not all winners but at least you can tell they give writers and directors more freedom with their projects
today marks the first anniversary of when tvguide.com had rebranded their website.

Featured Posts