"Justice League x RWBY: Super Heroes and Huntsmen (Crossover)" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Rooster Teeth is working in partnership with Warner Bros. to produce an animated crossover feature film with their RWBY animated web-series and DC's Justice League based off the comic book crossover released last year.

FWmc-L0XkAAVLY-

The film is being worked on by the same team behind the RWBY series and is set to premier in 2023.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
So it's supposed to expand on the comic crossover, but also a brand-new story? I hope it's accessible to people who haven't read it. I did and the approach was interesting. It's less of a crossover and more of a RWBY version of DC characters teaming up with the usual cast. I wasn't too impressed by the story or writing, unfortunately.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think Warner Bros. Discovery does own Rooster Teeth, I think I read something about it when they picked up a new season of Gen: Lock.

I heard of RWBY but never watched the show so I don't know much about it. Never read this cross-over comic, either. So yeah, hopefully the movie won't be too confusing for people not familiar with the franchise. I am kind of curious to check this out.

The Overlord

I wonder how they will handle the voice acting, considering RWBY is recorded in Texas (with many of the usual Funimation fan favorites voicing characters), while DC projects are recorded in LA?

The Overlord

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
12/15/22: Part One press release. Justice League x RWBY: Super Heroes & Huntsmen, Part One arrives on Digital, 4k and Blu-ray in Spring 2023. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Green Lantern and Vixen are transported to the strange world of Remnant, and find themselves turned into teenagers. Meanwhile, Remnant heroes Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang must combine forces with the Justice League to uncover why their planet has been mysteriously altered before a superpowered Grimm destroys everything. Voice cast includes Natalie Alyn Lind as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince, Chandler Riggs as Superman/Clark Kent and Nat Wolff as Batman/Bruce Wayne. RWBY mainstays reprising there roles are Lindsay Jones as Ruby, Kara Eberle as Weiss, Arryn Zech as Blake, Barbara Dunkelman as Yang, Ozioma Akagha as Vixen, Jen Brown as Pyrrha, Tiana Camacho as Glynda, Aaron Dismuke as Oscar, Jason Douglas as Jacques, David Errigo Jr. as The Flash/Barry Allen and Rolf, Samantha Ireland as Nora, Miles Luna as Jaune, Shannon McCormick as Professor Ozpin, Neath Oum Lie Ren, Tara Platt as Kali, Jeannie Tirado as Green Lantern, and Tru Valentino as Cyborg. Kimberly S. Moreau, Ethan Spaulding and Jim Krieg are producing, Laura Yates serves as supervising producer, and Sam Register and Michael Uslan executive producing. Meghan Fitzmartin wrote the script, with RWBY's Kerry Shawcross directs. First still posted.

1/4: Part One rated PG for action/violence throughout and brief language.

2/9: April 25 date for digital, 4K, and Blu-ray confirmed and 2 minute trailer released.

Here's the PR release about the home entertainment items. Special features are "Justice Comes to Remnant," a featurette about the world of Remnant, and "You Look... Different," a featurette about the character designs in the world of Remnant. Run time is 83 minutes. Rating is PG for action/violence throughout and brief language. New logline and cover art revealed.

3/2: Back covers for 4K and Blu-ray.

3/9: The movie will premiere at WonderCon on March 25 at 1:30pm in North 200A. The post-screening panel currently consists of Natalie Alyn Lind, Lindsay Jones, Kara Eberle, Arryn Zech, Barbara Dunkelman, Jeannie Tirado, Tru Valentino, Kerry Shawcross, and Meghan Fitzmartin. There will be an encore screening in the Arena on March 26 at 12:15pm.

3/26: Interview with Barbara Dunkelman, Lindsay Jones, Arryn Zech, and Kara Eberle during WonderCon.

3/27: WonderCon roundtable with Natalie Alyn Lind.

With Kerry Shawcross.

With Kara Eberle and Arryn Zech.

With Jeannie Tirado.

With Barbara Dunkelman and Lindsay Jones.

With David Errigo.

With Meghan Fitzmartin.

With Tru Valentino.

3/29: Q&A's with Natalie Alyn Lind, Lindsay Jones, Kara Eberle, Barbara Dunkelman, Arryn Zech, Jeannie Tirado, and Kerry Shawcross during WonderCon.

4/17: 1:10 clip showcasing Wonder Woman's diplomacy.

53 second clip posted.

58 second clip posted.

4/18: Interview with Meghan Fitzmartin.

4/19: 1:07 clip "Dead End" released.

4/21: 7 minute interview with Chandler Riggs.

Interview with Meghan Fitzmartin.

4/23: 6:23 interview with Kerry Shawcross.

4/24: Another interview with Riggs. And another one.

4/28: Soundtrack available from Gardner Recordings online.

6/23: Part One streams on Max starting July 24.

7/7: First still from Part Two confirms Black Canary and what appears to be the RWBY characters traveling to Earth.

8/24: Part Two releases on digital on October 17, 2023 and on 4K/Blu-ray on October 31. Jamie Chung voices Black Canary, David Dastmalchian voices Flash, Laura Bailey voices Wonder Woman, Troy Baker voiced Batman, Travis Willingham voices Superman, Ozioma Akagha reprises Vixen, Jeannie Tirado reprises Green Lantern, Tru Valentino reprises Cyborg, Lindsay Jones reprises Ruby, Kara Eberle as Weiss, Arryn Zech as Blake, Barbara Dunkelman as Yang, and also in the cast in undisclosed roles are Maxwell Friendman, Christopher Sabat, and J. Michael Tatum. Movie is co-directed by Yssa Badiola and Dustin Matthews with a script by Meghan Fitzmartin. Producers are Kimberly S. Moreau, Ethan Spaulding, and Jim Krieg, Laura Yates is the supervising producer, and Sam Register and Michael Uslan are executive producers. Front cover included. Synopsis reveals Grimm have overtaken Earth so the Justice League calls on Team RWBY for help. Special features are "You look...Different: RWBY on Earth" focuses on a closer look at Team RWBY on Earth and "I've Got Your Back" spotlights both teams saving each other both physically and emotionally. Runtime is around 74 minutes and rated PG for action/violence throughout and some language.

2:04 trailer released.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Part One Release Date - April 25, 2023 (A Talkback for it will be posted soon)

Part Two Release Date - October 17, 2023 on Digital; October 31, 2023 for physical release.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts