Science Ninja Team Gatchaman 50th Anniversary Thread Discussion

JabarR

This year will mark the 50th anniversary of the classic Anime, "Science Ninja Team Gatchaman", the show that gave us Battle Of The Planets, G-Force: Guardians Of Space and Saban's Eagle Riders, Come post your thoughts
G-Force_-_group_shot2.jpg

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
So basically it was the same show all along, but the main difference was episode length/count? Where does G-Force come in though and why did they air that instead?

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
So basically it was the same show all along, but the main difference was episode length/count? Where does G-Force come in though and why did they air that instead?
G-Force is a more faithful dub version of Gatchaman made in the 1980's when restrictions of violent acts on television became lax (whereas Battle of the Planets cut out the more violent parts and replaced them with footage of 7-Zark-7).

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Actually, Sentai was an influence to Voltron's source material Golion, not the other way around.
I believe JabarR was saying that Gatchaman influenced Golion/Voltron as well as other shows (as in the five-member consisting of the main guy, the "rival" character, the big guy, the youngster, and the female member) .

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I believe JabarR was saying that Gatchaman influenced Golion/Voltron as well as other shows (as in the five-member consisting of the main guy, the "rival" character, the big guy, the youngster, and the female member) .
Yes but still, Sentai was the more direct influence towards Golion.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts