International Nickelodeon Thread Part 13

Francisque

Interesting, but hasn't Nickelodeon Flanders recently lost its independence by merging it with the Dutch feed?

Reactions: J10

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I'm glad CEE rebranded correctly. With the different logo animations, the lower thirds, the next bumpers, the next banners. It looks good. What I'd like to see is more idents. And the ad break ident updated. Not sure when Jr. and Toons will rebrand here as well. Also, not sure when and where TMNT will be airing.

Francisque

To me these "Dutch feeds" look as boring as hell, generic and full of technical issues too.

Since when MTV Italy in particular has been directly managed by them, it has become even worse.

Only Paramount UK is actually "lucky" these days

Markus Nelis

UK channels barely even have technical issues because they look at the playout very often. Dutch feeds aren't as well managed, I guess.

Francisque

Not just poorly managed, but promotions lack any buzz, it's just a "put some clips without specific audio because we're lazy to actually translate it into different languages".

UK feeds are independent and only have to care about themselves.
Dutch feeds are so generic and boring and with so little money, they look like some fast channels, or even worse at times.

Germany too (not Austria and Switzerland), I've noticed seems to have something that resembles a local team, it's not AS generic

Markus Nelis

Just because UK is independent doesn't mean that Dutch feed should be managed less. Just check the playout like a few times a week and call it a day. A win-win. And speaking of money, they should actually save their money if they even want to keep running their channels. Merge the feed with someone if they don't have money.

Francisque

Viacom/Paramount has always been kind of careless or greedyish, but these days cost cut measures are extreme, you can watch Nick Commercial Light and expect the same stuff on other operations with the same very bland promos and all and almost no care goes into local events/holidays and so on.
Oh, and the fillers are terrifying: at least Nick Italian channels never have them, until they won't become merged with something else: I'm afraid they're just waiting for the AGCOM licenses to expire and to move the channels elsewhere.
I don't believe for a second Paramount couldn't do anything more, it's just managed very poorly.

UK is lucky because of a local team, Germany because of the channel being FTA and German-speaking territories being actually high in population and so on.

Just because UK is independent doesn't mean that Dutch feed should be managed less. Just check the playout like a few times a week and call it a day. A win-win. And speaking of money, they should actually save their money if they even want to keep running their channels. Merge the feed with someone if they don't have money.
What hasn't been merged though?

Germany, UK? Italy merging with something else is coming soon, but Germany and the UK are going to stay, these feeds are too "strong".
Russia too used to have a healthy feed, until, you know...

Markus Nelis

Like I said, they should manage more often. If they want to keep their channels as alive as possible, they can do it if they want and have motivation. While I get they'd rather be lazy, just improve a little bit. That can help the channels.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
UK channels barely even have technical issues because they look at the playout very often. Dutch feeds aren't as well managed, I guess.
Exactly. They made a German promo for the new episodes of Monster High, even though the whole show isn't even airing on Nickelodeon Austria.

Plus, to prove the point that they NEVER have a look at their playouts: The promo is still airing in nearly every break.

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Exactly. They made a German promo for the new episodes of Monster High, even though the whole show isn't even airing on Nickelodeon Austria.

Plus, to prove the point that they NEVER have a look at their playouts: The promo is still airing in nearly every break.
Possibly because they don't have many promos to air? (CN US plays the same 2 promos every ad break).

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Possibly because they don't have many promos to air? (CN US plays the same 2 promos every ad break).
Right now, they have 4 promos (Nick All Stars, Tyler Perry's Young Dylan, Transformers Earthspark, Monster High). Nickelodeon CEE doesn't have the Young Dylan promo as they already premiered the episodes earlier this year, so they're left with 3 promos. What's the problem with that?

Markus Nelis

Right now, they have 4 promos (Nick All Stars, Tyler Perry's Young Dylan, Transformers Earthspark, Monster High). Nickelodeon CEE doesn't have the Young Dylan promo as they already premiered the episodes earlier this year, so they're left with 3 promos. What's the problem with that?
Then that expains why they air the same promos nearly every break. Just not enough promos. I see this trend recently on multiple channels and feeds. Not much to promote.

Underleón

Nick Latin America continuity from today. Some things from the 2017 branding are still present (the banners, the "We'll Be Right Back/You're Watching" bumps and a few fillers) but everything else is rebranded.

Side note, they're rotating 3 different screenbugs all day: the regular one, a modified shaded variant of the regular logo, and the minimalist version used in the global feed. Very interesting (and messy).

Screenshot_2023-08-31-00-36-00-487_com.brave.browser_1_1.jpg
Screenshot_2023-08-31-00-33-49-163_com.brave.browser_1_1.jpg
Screenshot_2023-08-31-00-39-15-301_com.brave.browser_1_1.jpg

nevocated

What the what?
Nickelodeon Germany/Comedy Central +1 schedule for October 13, 2023. All times are in UCT+02:00.

05:00 - SpongeBob SquarePants (Pizza Delivery / Home Sweet Pineapple)
05:25 - SpongeBob SquarePants (Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy / Pickles)

05:50 - BARBAPAPA - One Big Happy Family! (Clock and Dance / Barbapileup)
06:10 - Blaze and The Monster Machines (The Team Truck Challenge)
06:35 - Blaze and The Monster Machines (Epic Sail)
06:55 - Blaze and The Monster Machines (The Puppy Chase!)
07:15 - Blaze and The Monster Machines (The Great Pizza Race)
07:40 - Baby Shark's Big Show! (Sorry Not Sorry)
07:55 - The Adventures of Paddington (Paddington and the Vegetable Thief / Paddington Takes to the Ice)

08:20 - The Fairly OddParents (Dinklescouts / I Dream of Cosmo)
08:45 - The Loud House (Tricked!)
09:10 - The Loud House (The Crying Dame / Anti Social)
09:35 - The Loud House (Diss the Cook / For Sale by Loner)
10:00 - The Loud House (Fright Bite / The Loudly Bones)
10:25 - SpongeBob SquarePants (Don't Look Now / Séance Schméance)
10:50 - SpongeBob SquarePants (Kenny the Cat / Yeti Krabs)
11:15 - SpongeBob SquarePants (Patrick! The Game / The Sewers of Bikini Bottom)
11:40 - The Casagrandes (Arr in the Family / Finders Weepers)

12:00 - The Really Loud House (The Manager with the Planager)
12:30 - The Thundermans (Have an Ice Birthday)
12:55 - Danger Force (Mika in the Middle)
13:25 - Henry Danger (Toddler Invasion)
13:50 - Beyblade Burst (Dante vs Delta!)
14:15 - Big Nate (It's Lonely at the Top)
14:40- The Loud House (Jeers for Fears / Tea Tale Heart)
15:05 - The Loud House (The Loudest Thanksgiving)
15:30 - SpongeBob SquarePants (Knock Knock, Who's There? / Pat Hearts Squid)
16:00 - The Patrick Star Show (X Marks the Pot / Patrick's Alley)
16:25 - The Patrick Star Show (Pearl Wants to Be a Star / Super Sitters)
16:50 - Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years (Hats Off to Space / In A Nut's Shell)
17:20 - The Fairly OddParents (Escape from Unwish Island / The Gland Plan)
17:45 - SpongeBob SquarePants (Kooky Cooks)
18:00 - SpongeBob SquarePants (TBA)

18:25 - The Casagrandes (Kick Some Bot / Salvador Doggy)
18:50 - The Loud House (Much Ado About Noshing / Broadcast Blues)
19:15 - The Loud House (Grub Snub / She's All Bat)
19:40 - Big Nate (Kindness Wars)
20:05 - SpongeBob SquarePants (Tutor Sauce)
20:15 - Bob's Burgers (The Hauntening)
20:35 - Bob's Burgers (Gayle Makin' Bob Sled)
21:00 - Futurama (A Fishful of Dollars)
21:25 - Futurama (A Tale of Two Santas)
21:50 - American Dad! (Big Stan on Campus)
22:10 - American Dad! (Now and Gwen)
22:35 - Star Trek: Lower Decks (First Contact)
23:10 - Star Trek: Lower Decks (Second Contact)
23:40 -
TBA, listed as "Animation 1"

nevocated

What the what?
Rubble & Crew debuts on all British Nickelodeon networks today. On-screen promotion for it as seen below:

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2023-09-04-16h16m00s744.png
    vlcsnap-2023-09-04-16h16m00s744.png
    675.1 KB · Views: 72
  • vlcsnap-2023-09-04-16h16m03s329.png
    vlcsnap-2023-09-04-16h16m03s329.png
    555.9 KB · Views: 68
  • vlcsnap-2023-09-04-16h16m05s418.png
    vlcsnap-2023-09-04-16h16m05s418.png
    529.7 KB · Views: 60
  • vlcsnap-2023-09-04-16h16m08s210.png
    vlcsnap-2023-09-04-16h16m08s210.png
    266.6 KB · Views: 66

Underleón

Yesterday (September 4th) Nickelodeon Latin America finished properly rebranding, as they replaced the 2017 banners and the "We'll Be Right Back/You're Watching" bumpers with updated ones! This coincided with the local premiere for Rubble & Crew, which yes, was the same day as the UK lol

Also, some media outlets talked about the feed's new look, indeed acknowledging the rebrand date as Sep. 4 instead of August 29 ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Screenshot_2023-09-05-21-27-13-143_com.android.chrome_1.jpg

J10

MBC will continue to air Nickelodeon content.

Unfortunately, old seasons are more repetitive and rerunnable on this channel, MBC3, especially Spongebob Squarepants.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!

Not to mention they are right now testing waters with Ukrainian dubs.
And speaking of that, Nick CEE (Polish opt-out, at least) re-aired Episode 2 ("The Chore Thing") from The Really Loud House, but I haven't checked whether it was dubbed into Ukrainian, or not.

Edit: Turns out, S1E2 was given the Ukrainian dub according to what I've checked via DVR.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts