"Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

protege

It's pretty awesome to know they're kind of trying to re-create the New Scooby Movies era, with some contemporary stars. And even some fictional characters (Sherlock Holmes), but still stuff that is relevant today in one way or another. The entire concept of Scooby & guest-stars has been around for a while, either on TV or DTV movies (just recently they announced the next movie will have some celebrity cooks as guest-stars), and it's kind of nice to know it won't be gone for a while.

As for the DC Comics guest-stars, that should be a lot of fun. There's a thread over on the DC Comics Animation Forum where you could speculate more on this subject, by the way.

I'm really looking forward to this. I never was a huge Scooby fan but have enjoyed most of his previous shows and movies (and even the ones I didn't enjoy that much, I never really had a problem with the art-style or anything).

Pretty sure it will be Kate Micucci. Mindy Cohn hasn’t voiced Velma for a while now.
Anybody know what happened with that?
My concern is, I really don’t know who some of these ‘celebrities’ are. I barely know sia,swingin’ From the chandelier, and Steve Urkel hasn’t been relevant in twenty years. I really wonder where the writers are getting their ideas from..

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Anybody know what happened with that?
My concern is, I really don’t know who some of these ‘celebrities’ are. I barely know sia,swingin’ From the chandelier, and Steve Urkel hasn’t been relevant in twenty years. I really wonder where the writers are getting their ideas from..
Keenan Thompson was on Keenan & Kel and currently on SNL, Bill Nye the Science Guy & Neil DeGrasse Tyson are big names in the world of Science. Ricky Gervais was from the UK version of the Office & Hasley is Wonder Woman in the TT Go Movie. Mark Hamill is no stranger to Scooby-Doo.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looking back at the original New Scooby Movies, there's a chance some guest-stars might show up more than once. They also had a pretty nice mix of both real-life celebrities and characters from other shows appearing as guest-stars, so it would be nice if they tried that here as well. I guess the DC heroes count as that, but it would be fun seeing some more cross-overs with other Hanna-Barbera, Warner Bros. or even Cartoon Network shows. I agree there are lots of possibilities and I doubt there will be that many restrictions on who they could use (well, they'd still need to be characters the studios own).

And thinking about it some more, What's New, Scooby-Doo? kind of tried before to be an updated take on New Scooby Movies with some of their guest-stars. That was pretty cool, though I wasn't all that familiar with most of the people they brought it (to be fair, I wasn't that knowledgeable about half of the guest-stars on the original show, the first time I watched those). Since this show is focusing only on guest-stars, it should be fun and probably handled better than What's New.

Dragnatek

Well, color me intrigued. I was already looking forward to the series, and now I'm more hyped. And having Chris Bailey on board is a plus in my book.

They're the defacto voices for the characters. Of course they'll be in it.
I think he means guest staring as themselves in a froze over. Like Mark Hamil did for that JLA short.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
It would be pretty cool if the show brings Weird Al Yankovic for a guest role and as well for something out of the box. Jason David Frank.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It would be pretty cool if the show brings Weird Al Yankovic for a guest role and as well for something out of the box. Jason David Frank.
Weird Al did guest star on Scooby Doo, to a degree. The third segment of the Batman: The Brave And The Bold episode "Batmite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases" had Weird Al meeting up with the Scooby gang and the dynamic duo

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
You know what puzzles me about Jaleel White coming back as Urkel, is how did his voice age 20 years after Family Matters ended. Can he still pull off Urkel in his Early 40's?

Weird Al did guest star on Scooby Doo, to a degree. The third segment of the Batman: The Brave And The Bold episode "Batmite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases" had Weird Al meeting up with the Scooby gang and the dynamic duo
Yeah I remember about that, but what I mean in a Full-length episode as opposed to his short time run.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This is from last week - and I apologize if it was posted over the weekend but got deleted due to the forum database error - but Chad Townsend is also working on this show. Looking through the comments of that Tweet, he considers this the most art-heavy show he's worked on because there's a lot of detail.

For reference, here are his website and his IMDb page. He's previously worked on some other Scooby projects, Teen Titans Go!, Justice League Action, Wabbit, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Wolverine & the X-Men and Legion of Super-Heroes, to name a few.

Frontier

Staff member
This is from last week - and I apologize if it was posted over the weekend but got deleted due to the forum database error - but Chad Townsend is also working on this show. Looking through the comments of that Tweet, he considers this the most art-heavy show he's worked on because there's a lot of detail.

For reference, here are his website and his IMDb page. He's previously worked on some other Scooby projects, Teen Titans Go!, Justice League Action, Wabbit, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Wolverine & the X-Men and Legion of Super-Heroes, to name a few.
That's a pretty impressive pedigree there ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
June 1st:
Dave Alvarez also did some storyboards. The Scooby-Dum image in the Tweet isn't necessarily a hint of how the show will look.

July 27th:
I happened to find some storyboards for the show. This episode is apparently going to feature Penn & Teller. I'll just add one image in the Spoiler below, but there are more in the link.
7Z6DpYP.png

Frontier

Staff member
July 27th:
I happened to find some storyboards for the show. This episode is apparently going to feature Penn & Teller. I'll just add one image in the Spoiler below, but there are more in the link.
7Z6DpYP.png
Obviously it's a storyboard so probably not indicative of the final animation, but the designs and style definitely look more classic, if not exactly like the style of the animated DTV's :).

Dizagaox

Obviously it's a storyboard so probably not indicative of the final animation, but the designs and style definitely look more classic, if not exactly like the style of the animated DTV's :).
I like but I feel like they should just have a contemporary default look for the characters and stick with it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts