"Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Cartoon

Blast From the Past
When this show aired, I checked out the first episode and got the impression that it was kind of a low-effort attempt to make content for the Boomerang app. Kind of surprised to see this thread with 29 pages of discussion. Do you guys think I dipped out early, and that it's worth giving another shot?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
When this show aired, I checked out the first episode and got the impression that it was kind of a low-effort attempt to make content for the Boomerang app. Kind of surprised to see this thread with 29 pages of discussion. Do you guys think I dipped out early, and that it's worth giving another shot?
I personally think it's a great show. It's a satire of Scooby Doo and its tropes and it's funny for that reason.

The Cartoon

Blast From the Past
Okay that actually sounds an amazing angle that hasn't been done before. I'll have to give it another watch! Amazing that this franchise keeps finding new ideas after so many iterations.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Okay that actually sounds an amazing angle that hasn't been done before. I'll have to give it another watch! Amazing that this franchise keeps finding new ideas after so many iterations.
Some of the satire is VERY subtle. A layman could confuse it for a dumb Scooby Doo show rather than a show making fun of dumb Scooby Doo shows. It's not an outright spoof. It's a satire.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The show does have some pretty amusing stuff in it. It's also easy to get into it given the celebrity guest-stars gimmick and there's really not a lot of continuity between the episodes (apart from a few minor characters appearing multiple times, from what I recall). I think it would be worth checking it out, even more so if there's an episode with a celebrity you're familiar with or are a fan of.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
What this show needs is a football themed episode with special guest voices Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth of NBC Sunday Night Football.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It's pretty cool the final episodes will finally be released. I was expecting them to end up on HBO Max after Yabba-Dabba-Dinosaurs is getting the same treatment.

Frontier

Staff member
October is now called Scoobtober. We have Scooby Doo all month long, kicking off with the new episodes of Scooby Doo And Guess Who now coming out on HBO Max starting October 1.

Arriving just in time on HBOMax :D.

I forgot we were getting a Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt episode :).

Another legacy guest appearance with Cher ;).

Kind of curious about that scene of the gang getting mugshots and scanned :eek:!

Eldorado

Holy HECK, I think about Mel Brooks a lot and thought he would've been a good candidate as a guest star but I never thought he actually WAS considered! Also, there are some other people who thought Dolly would've been a good guest star.

ME! I would've liked Danny Trejo, Harry Connick Jr., or Dr. Phil.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
This show had a lot of wasted potential in the form of many ideas by fans for guest stars not being realized due to the show having only 52 episodes. Otherwise I hear it's good. Haven't watched it but I want to.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts