Should Nickelodeon's SNICK block come back for a new generation?

TMC1982

I was inspired to post this after seeing the thread that asks whether or not Cartoon Network should bring back their "Cartoon Cartoon Fridays" programming block. One thing that I've notices about modern day Nickelodeon is that they don't really program four hours in prime-time on Saturday nights anymore. At the 9 p.m. hour, they usually go straight to Nick @ Nite and air something like Friends.

I just find it intriguing that Nickelodeon has brought back old shows from their "glory days" from the '90s like All That. Is programming two-hours of first-run shows in prime-time just not feasible anymore, when Nick can simply spread things around during the week? I'm guessing that Nick believes that due to the way that the television industry has evolved in the 25+ years that SNICK started, it just isn't realistic to believe that there's still such a thing as "appointment television" on the weekends.

JMTV Studios

To tell you the truth, that's very unlikely. Considering that their recent Saturday night premieres weren't doing that well in ratings. Saturday night for kids television weren't as popular as it used to be due to various circumstances. Even if SNICK were come back, I doubt kids were gonna watch it.

With that said, Nick's recent Friday Night Nicktoons premiere block has doing pretty well by today standards.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I can possibly see it being part of NickRewind, but no way is it coming to the main channel.
Nickelodeon is far too comfortable nowadays with their SpongeBob lineup to attempt any sort of shakeup, and in the rare instances that they do, they treat it terribly and return to the status quo.

Streaker Prower

Yes I think SNICK should return since Nick thinks Live Action is much Cheaper and Eaiser to produce than Animation “although they can go with a Live Action CGI Hybrid Show”, and on a unrelated note: what about Nickelodeon launching a Friday Night Animation block similar to Cartoon Network’s Cartoon Cartoon Fridays and Fox’s Animation Domination

kanc

I'm sorry to bump up the thread, but I doubt today's kids would really introduce SNICK since nowadays most live action moved to Thursday nights especially Danger Force. Thursday night seems to do better than Sat nights though.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I would be cool to see Snick bumpers again. I remember enjoying the original Snick quite a bit since they had a lot of shows that I liked back in the day. Still, I doubt that they'd bring it back on the main channel. Even bringing it back for Nick Rewind seems really unlikely given how much of an afterthought that block is. They're more interested in just using Nicktoons and Teen Nick as channels to dump their shows that they don't care about and be full of rerun more so than anything else too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

what happened to Nostalgialodeon twitter user? Now it shows as twitter account doesn't exist

Bella/Big from Polly Pocket reminds me of Big Barda from DC Superhero Girls 2015, being a physically strong character who's initially antagonistic before becoming a friend to the main characters, and showing a softer side. Rhona Rees even seems to channel a voice similar to Misty Lee. I know Shea Fontana developed both shows, but still.
Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.
Feels like I’m the only person who uses Opera

This song made me realize how it's rare for most projects to pair up Goofy and Daisy, yet they play well off of each other.

Featured Posts