Should the Sonic movie franchise get a new composer?

LoudyKaizoku

Bread Makes You Fat?
Let's be honest: Junkie XL's soundtracks for the movies are pretty mediocre. They are passable, but not stellar by any means.
So, should the movies (and the Knuckles show) get a new composer, or not?
If so, who should the new composer be?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I don't know about a new composer, but I do think the Movies soundtrack need a major overhaul and should be massively altered. How?

The Sonic The Hedgehog movie soundtrack NEED MUCH MORE SONIC THE HEDGEHOG GAME MUSIC IN THEM!

Seriously it's been two movies and sans the Green Hill zone music used as a jingle we haven't heard any of the actual music from the games in the movies, despite how many people agree one of the games best features IS the music and how they amp up the action especially at the boss fight. Seriously no

Open Your Heart in the end of the second movie when Sonic became Super Sonic

Which means we may not get

Live and Learn in the next movie in the big battle with Shadows

Which is utter bull crap! I get the shows not really having the music because of licensing rights with TV Networks and most of them usually going for different feels but the Movies not having them is ridiculous and quite frankly insulting. Why is "Uptown Funk" on the soundtrack instead of you know actual tunes from actual Sonic games that would have even fit that scene a lot better? If Junkie XL is the reason for that then yeah he needs to be fired and someone else needs to be brought in to interject more actual Sonic into these Sonic movies. It's really inexcusable at this point and just feels insulting especially since yeah not like they're really bringing any of their own bangers to the project.

Rabbitearsblog

I'm actually okay with the movie soundtrack. It sounds pretty fine to me. My only grip with the movie soundtrack is that they keep using popular pop songs like "Uptown Funk" when they could easily make up their own songs, a la Disney.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts