So how do you read comics?

• Weekly physical releases of comics

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Graphic Novels aka Trade Paperbacks (collections of issues)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Buying individual digital comics (aka Comixology)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marvel Digital Unlimited / DC Infinite (aka digital Subscription library)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Do you read:

Weekly physical release comics?
Graphic Novels/TPB's (collection of issues?)
Buying individual digital issues (aka Comixology?)
Marvel Digital Unlimited / DC Infinite (aka digital Subscription Library?)

Or a mixture of the above? And if it's a mixture, what percentage is each? 50/50 physical/digital? Are you more physical than digital, or vice versa?

Otaku-sempai

A combination of buying a handful of floppies for me and purchasing collections/graphic novels, at least these days. I got some use out of the DC Universe library when I was subscribed to it.

Sam the Cartoonist

I'll usually wait for the trade paperback to come out but sometimes I'll buy single issues though most of the ones I've been collecting are anthologies and older alt/underground comics.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I read exclusively on Marvel's Digital Unlimited app. I keep bouncing around to different points in Marvel history, and I'm currently debating going back to reading new releases as they come out (I fear I'd be lost though, as to what's going on presently in the Marvel Universe).

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Regular floppies and GN mostly consisting of the all ages stuff like The Baby Sitter Club, Click, Katie the Catsitter.

I keep up with the comic strip Phoebe and Her Unicorn as it is uploaded to Go Comics, but also collect the printed editions.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I used to only buy physical and the TPB/Hardcover collections but after a bunch of my local shops closed during covid, I've scaled back a lot. DC Universe Infinite whenever a tie-in comic for a DC animated series is going on. Sometimes like with Young Justice: Targets, I will go to the lcs to buy a physical copy. Every once in a while I will get a TPB, too, like Justice League Infinity and next year, Targets.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts