So, Now what does the new era of Warner Bros. Discovery Kids, Family, Young Adults and Classics hold?

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
I do think, that there is one show, that brought success. And that show is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. It would be a shame to NOT put AT LEAST that show to Cartoon Network, it has been airing on Cartoon Network in some other countries after all. Imagine the impact to the show.
File that under 'Not Gonna Happen'. Discovery doesn't own MLP, Hasbro does. It's aired on CN in other countries because imports aren't subject to the same legalities internationally as domestically. There's also the little matter of MLP: FiM having long finished its' initial run; the show's over, so WBD would have no reason to acquire a show that's already done.

Checkerboard said:
This sucks as Beavis would say.

What sucks, exactly? That CN won't be acquiring MLP? That was never in the cards to begin with. Seriously, what specifically are you guys complaining about right now? 'Cause I haven't heard anything new. It turns out that David Zaslav won't be taking an ax to Warner Bros. Animation's entire Kids and Family Entertainment department after all, so AFAWK all or most of CN/WB's announced kids' animation projects are safe. That's a good thing.

Guys, chill out, seriously. I'm not in love with Zaslav either nor am I thrilled with his performance so far, but all this gloom and doom talk I've been reading here lately is getting a tad irritating. The man is a greedy reality TV mogul and a skinflint but he's not the Grim Reaper, relax, y'all. At least wait until we find out about some horrendous thing that he's done before we start crying that the sky is falling.

Last edited:

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Or maybe they could put that on Cartoon Network on daytime, with the Cartoonito Block being replaced with the new 'The Hub' block (with Cartoon Network logo showing up above it during the transition phase).
They could then rebrand Discovery Family to Cartoonito and move it's shows there (they could announce My Little Pony: Pony Life when the channel is still using the old name and when it actually airs, it changes name to Cartoonito). The first show to air during the daytime block 'The Hub' could be first series of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (from the beginning, with only 1 episode showing per day). They could also put that content on HBO Max and or the new streaming service.
They could negotiate that deal with Hasbro (Chris ***** is the new CEO btw), during the talks of what to do with stakes in Discovery Family and beyond. (Hasbro could sell their stake if that happens).

I'm still hopeful and optimistic. :)
I highly doubt it.

Sun Dash Note

A proud Brony! 20% cooler! Found out I'm Trans.
I appreciate that, Fone Bone, but I'm pretty sure that's just a coincidence.

EDIT: I just changed my avatar in order to avoid confusion.
You didn't have to. I actually wanted to apologize for 'stealing it', I just wanted to use a picture of Rainbow Dash, so I Googled it and it was what it came out. I am sorry, hope this things and coincidences won't happen again, my bad. (I actually felt ashamed of myself, even though it was just a random coincidence.) Hope you have a great day :) Wish you well :D

File that under 'Not Gonna Happen'. Discovery doesn't own MLP, Hasbro does. It's aired on CN in other countries because imports aren't subject to the same legalities internationally as domestically. There's also the little matter of MLP: FiM having long finished its' initial run; the show's over, so WBD would have no reason to acquire a show that's already done.

What sucks, exactly? That CN won't be acquiring MLP? That was never in the cards to begin with. Seriously, what specifically are you guys complaining about right now? 'Cause I haven't heard anything new. It turns out that David Zaslav won't be taking an ax to Warner Bros. Animation's entire Kids and Family Entertainment department after all, so AFAWK all or most of CN/WB's announced kids' animation projects are safe. That's a good thing.

Guys, chill out, seriously. I'm not in love with Zaslav either nor am I thrilled with his performance so far, but all this gloom and doom talk I've been reading here lately is getting a tad irritating. The man is a greedy reality TV mogul and a skinflint but he's not the Grim Reaper, relax, y'all. At least wait until we find out about some horrendous thing that he's done before we start crying that the sky is falling.
Hey, sorry for responding, but if it was out of possibility, then why are MLP reruns still on Discovery Family? It would not made an economical sense to not air on popular TV network (that's even though TV is dying and David Zaslav sees future in it). Look, I don't want to call myself a "David Zaslav Superfan", I still have stuff to learn, but I really like the moves that he does right now on WBD (even the controversial ones, although it's sad to see Scoob! holiday haunt never see the light of the day). I am not saying that Zaslav will 100% put MLP on Cartoon Network, I am just saying HYPOTHETICALLY, so that means IT COULD but also COULD NOT happen. (I hope that it would air on Cartoon Network, it would bring the new hype I think). MLP is a cash machine (look at the toy sales for Hasbro) and that's even after 10 years!!! Imagine the impact both on Cartoon Network ratings AND Hasbro sales as well as the hype. But anyway, that's just my opinion. I personally think only Hasbro could miss the opportunity. (Who knows). And also, I watch other stuff, not just My Little Pony/My Little Pony Related.

I highly doubt it.
Ok

Last edited by a moderator:

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
You didn't have to. I actually wanted to apologize for 'stealing it', I just wanted to use a picture of Rainbow Dash, so I Googled it and it was what it came out. I am sorry, hope this things and coincidences won't happen again, my bad. (I actually felt ashamed of myself, even though it was just a random coincidence.) Hope you have a great day :) Wish you well :D
It's all good. No harm done. I've since changed avatars to avoid confusion. Have a good one! :)

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Hey, sorry for responding, but if it was out of possibility, then why are MLP reruns still on Discovery Family?

Because a) Hasbro's divestment from Discovery is still pending and b) Discovery Family has nothing else to run during the day.
It would not made an economical sense to not air on popular TV network (that's even though TV is dying and David Zaslav sees future in it). Look, I don't want to call myself a "David Zaslav Superfan", I still have stuff to learn, but I really like the moves that he does right now on WBD (even the controversial ones, although it's sad to see Scoob! holiday haunt never see the light of the day). I am not saying that Zaslav will 100% put MLP on Cartoon Network, I am just saying HYPOTHETICALLY, so that means IT COULD but also COULD NOT happen. (I hope that it would air on Cartoon Network, it would bring the new hype I think). MLP is a cash machine (look at the toy sales for Hasbro) and that's even after 10 years!!! Imagine the impact both on Cartoon Network ratings AND Hasbro sales as well as the hype. But anyway, that's just my opinion. I personally think only Hasbro could miss the opportunity. (Who knows). And also, I watch other stuff, not just My Little Pony/My Little Pony Related.
Again, MLP isn't Discovery's to bargain with; they don't own MLP, Hasbro does, and Hasbro isn't involved in this merger in any way. Once Hasbro splits from Discovery, that's it. No more Hasbro shows on DiscFam, unless WBD were to pay Hasbro to acquire them, which I don't see them doing given the many, many properties that WB already owns. I'm sure MLP fans would love to see Friendship is Magic on Cartoon Network or any other major network, but it's a moot point given that WBD doesn't need MLP for anything; they've already got their own studio produced shows, Looney Tunes, DC, Hanna-Barbera, Sesame Street, Harry Potter and a ton of other stuff. That FiM is no longer making any new episodes doesn't sweeten the pot any.

Checkerboard said:
@Silverstar What sucks is that they are getting rid of shows on HBO Max and other places and that animated content in general will take a hit across the board. Honestly the merger is the only thing saving it.

Um, shows are getting cut from HBO Max because of the merger, not in spite of it, and by "animated content in general will take a hit across the board" I'm assuming you're referring to what's happening over at Netflix, since the announcement that Zaslav would be taking a hatchet to all of WB's animated content turned out to be false. (This has been debunked for a while now.) Are we going to lose some stuff? Yes, that's already happened, but this happens whenever a company undergoes new ownership: projects get shelved, employees get fired and replaced, but it also means that we'll be getting new stuff as well.

The point of my previous post is that it's far too early to start crying Doomsday just because a few shows and movies have been axed. The first year of a merger of any kind is going to be tumultuous; we have to wait and see where the wind blows on this before declaring it a disaster.

Last edited:

Sun Dash Note

It's all good. No harm done. I've since changed avatars to avoid confusion. Have a good one! :)
:) I'm glad it's okay

Because a) Hasbro's divestment from Discovery is still pending and b) Discovery Family has nothing else to run during the day.

Again, MLP isn't Discovery's to bargain with; they don't own MLP, Hasbro does, and Hasbro isn't involved in this merger in any way. Once Hasbro splits from Discovery, that's it. No more Hasbro shows on DiscFam, unless WBD were to pay Hasbro to acquire them, which I don't see them doing given the many, many properties that WB already owns. I'm sure MLP fans would love to see Friendship is Magic on Cartoon Network or any other major network, but it's a moot point given that WBD doesn't need MLP for anything; they've already got their own studio produced shows, Looney Tunes, DC, Hanna-Barbera, Sesame Street, Harry Potter and a ton of other stuff. That FiM is no longer making any new episodes doesn't sweeten the pot any.

Um, shows are getting cut from HBO Max because of the merger, not in spite of it, and by "animated content in general will take a hit across the board" I'm assuming you're referring to what's happening over at Netflix, since the announcement that Zaslav would be taking a hatchet to all of WB's animated content turned out to be false. (This has been debunked for a while now.) Are we going to lose some stuff? Yes, that's already happened, but this happens whenever a company undergoes new ownership: projects get shelved, employees get fired and replaced, but it also means that we'll be getting new stuff as well.

The point of my previous post is that it's far too early to start crying Doomsday just because a few shows and movies have been axed. The first year of a merger of any kind is going to be tumultuous; we have to wait and see where the wind blows on this before declaring it a disaster.
Yes

I know, Hasbro owns the rights, not WBD. But WBD could pay Hasbro some big money, I see that as possibility. (They used to want other toy companies to have their content on The Hub Network, the companies just refused though, because it was partially owned by Hasbro and they didn't want to associate with Rival, which makes sense).
But I understand where are you coming from.

Mod Note: Triple post merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Good to know. Thank you for the explanation.

Sun Dash Note

The division has been dissolved, it's now split between Warner Bros. Television (production) and Warner Bros. Discovery Networks under The Cartoon Network, Inc. division. (Networks)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts