"Sonic the Hedgehog 2" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this movie

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

DogBoneController

No complaints with Tails or Knuckles, they were pretty much exactly like the games.
TBH they really underdeveloped Tails by not having the film delve much into his backstory, not to mention why he and Sonic were able to bond so quickly. Might explain why there have been rumors of a Tails spin-off movie or show (the big box office success of the sequel thus far all but assures it will happen).

Speaking of box office, Sonic 2 and The Bad Guys are on track to dethrone Fantastic Beasts 3 to number 3. Let that sink in....

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Kinda fitting that the movie ended with a baseball game since it's MLB Opening Week.

All I can think of at the top of my head are Jason Momoa, Damian Lewis, Emile Hirsch, Keanu Reeves (solely for The Matrix), Corey Stoll and Tom Hardy.
I'd go with either Momoa, Reeves or Hardy for Shadow.

DogBoneController

Assuming that the movie takes place in the present, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Movie Shadow was created as some sort of weapon to use against the Viet Cong (the "50 years" comment and all...).

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Here's an interesting article

Barry Diller, when he ran Paramount, wanted the studio to adapt Sega properties during the time both were owned by Gulf+Western.

While that didn't happen then, Diller's vision is starting to be realized with the Sonic movies. This could lead Paramount to adapt more Sega properties to film and TV.

DogBoneController

Not inconceivable that Sonic 2 surpasses Fantastic Beasts 3's worldwide gross given these legs.

Here's an interesting article

Barry Diller, when he ran Paramount, wanted the studio to adapt Sega properties during the time both were owned by Gulf+Western.

While that didn't happen then, Diller's vision is starting to be realized with the Sonic movies. This could lead Paramount to adapt more Sega properties to film and TV.
In hindsight it was probably for the best that they split. I doubt Barry would be intrigued by a talking blue hedgehog with Bugs Bunny's personality.

DogBoneController

Entertainment Tonight releasing a clip of the short exclusively makes me think Paramount will synergize Sonic with its brands in the future. Would be neat if CBS or Showtime did a special documentary about the franchise's history, with interviews from current and former Sonic Team and Sega employees (both US and Japanese) and others involved in the franchise.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Sonic The Hedgehog 2

I liked it. It was all right. It was imperfect, but the ending was fine.

I hated the dance competition, and I felt that Rachel and Randall's fake wedding took up too much of the plot in the middle of the movie.

But Knuckles was funny (especially at the end) and Tails was cute.

I love that when Knuckles says that the Sonic they knew is gone, THAT'S when Golden Sonic drops a chili dog on his face. I also like Sonic calling Robotnik's new look a cross between Professor X and the Monopoly Guy. That was funny.

The Shadow tag at the end gives Jim Carrey a very easy out to NOT return if he is serious about retiring from acting. He doesn't seem to especially be having fun here.

I liked the little dramatic moments like Sonic calling Tom his dad and Knuckles believing him and Robotnik were friends. It's not gonna make cinema history or anything but that sort of stuff is perfectly serviceable for a kiddie flick.

It was nice. ***1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Thanks, @Action! Now I could delete my above post and not have to double-post!

Reviewing the short on the home video release. Not much of a review but I saw it.

Sonic Drone Home

My problem is while the actress they got to do Tails sounds sort of like Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Fred Tatasciore sounds nothing like Idris Elba. Took me out of things a bit. **1/2.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It's fun to see James Sie talk about Jackie Chan Adventures.

No mention for Sam & Cat nor Wendell & Vinnie since those two also premiered in 2013.
Since it's the animated show that was produced in France, ''Xiaolin Chronicles'' sure deserves a redub into English. Do you want to see this happening?
Norm of the North was released 7 years ago today.
The paradigm shift of “it’s 2011 and I want all my cancelled shows back on TV!” to “you better not so much as GLANCE at Moral Orel.”

Featured Posts