Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon coming to Netflix in 2022!

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This series was first announced in 2020, meaning it was most likely in development before even the first movie came out. I'm pretty sure this show is meant to be its own thing (it's fully animated and has Canadian voice actors) and is not in the world of the movies.

Last edited:

Rabbitearsblog

I'm not too familiar with the world of Sonic, but I'm assuming the success of the two films are partly responsible for this series. Do you think this series will serve as a prequel to the movies?
I don't think that Sonic Prime has anything to do with the movies. It was pretty much announced before the movies became a thought and it seems to be more faithful to the games than the movies were.

LoudyKaizoku

Bread Makes You Fat?
So I just realized something. San Diego Comic Con is going on right now, and Netflix will most likely be there. Considering that it is one of the biggest conventions in the world, many major announcements are revealed at SDCC, and the fact there is an IDW Sonic panel going on, is it possible that we may get a trailer for Sonic Prime? Sorry if I am coming off as a bit antsy, but I am desperate for news on the show.

SuperSuck64

Misanthrope Supreme
Looks pretty decent, so of course that means it's getting cancelled after its first season.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The show was greenlit for 24 episodes, so that's what we're getting. They're just releasing it in bunches.

Rabbitearsblog

Just saw the trailer and it looks pretty good. Although, the backgrounds look a bit empty, I do like the animations in this show. I am curious about what this show is going to be all about and how it would tear into the shattered universe thing. Glad that we finally got a release date for this series!

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
The animation looks solid, but I was hoping for more dialogue. Still hard to get a reading on this show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts