Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
This morning at 11 AM, it was announced that Sony Pictures has acquired 100% of Genius Brands International for $500 million dollars. Sony had previously held a 7% stake in the company. Sony has also announced a new kids division, currently called Sony Wonder after their old kids home entertainment division. Genius-owned properties like Baby Genius, Rainbow Rangers, and Stan Lee's Superhero Kindergarten, alongside subsidiary WOW Unlimited's properties such as ReBoot and Bravest Warriors, will help to bolster the new division, alongside Sony Pictures Animation properties Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and The Mitchells vs. the Machines, Silvergate Media series Hilda and Octonauts, select Crunchyroll series like Digimon and Dragon Ball Super, and kids' properties previously held by other Sony divisions separate from Sony Pictures, like Peanuts from Sony Music Entertainment Japan and Ratchet and Clank from Sony Interactive Entertainment.

In addition, Sony has announced plans to relaunch the Kartoon Channel(which was and still is planned to be merged with Ameba) with a currently unknown name, in order to avoid confusion with Cartoon Network. The new service will also launch a proper linear feed on the website and over-the-air television, as well as in international markets. The service will also create several new original animated series, the first of which is an animated anthology from Frederator like What a Cartoon for Cartoon Network and Oh Yeah Cartoons for Nickelodeon, which will be used as an "incubator" to launch other new animated series.

Eggy

Great! Now, Sony Pictures will ruin Llama Llama by making it more like The Emoji Movie.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
UPDATE: The network has just been given the name of Wonder Network, while the incubator has been given the name of “Wonder Cartoons”. A coproduction with FredFilms, the series is an animated anthology of 60 7-minute shorts(or 20 half-hour episodes) by a variety of different animators from around the world. Hot Pot Cartoons, another FredFilms incubator made up primarily of Chinese animators, will remain separate from this series. Other original series were announced, such as the action series Ghostbusters: Ecto Force and Alex of Athens and preschool adventure comedies Super Duper Molly Cooper.

As for acquisitions, Wonder has acquired the linear rights to Pokemon Journeys and Power Rangers Dino Fury season 2, as well as the total US distribution rights to all prior seasons of Pokemon and Power Rangers, alongside Gus the Itsy Bitsy Knight, Nate is Late, and the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise.

Most surprising of all is the reveal of adding classic children’s programming- old Peanuts specials, UPA and Screen Gems shorts, The Real Ghostbusters, ReBoot, The Three Stooges, and Speed Racer, to name a few- to a dedicated hub on the Wonder Network streaming service and a late night block on the linear channel. The streaming version will also inherit Gumby, Felix the Cat, Casper, and Popeye from Ameba, and talks have been made with Fox to bring Gumby over to the linear block. The possibility of Felix and Casper on the linear block have also arose, but have been dubbed “much less likely”, and Popeye(outside of public domain shorts) as “impossible”.

Last edited:

Otakuninja2006

Great idea and honestly something that needs to happen. Hello, I'm Otakufan2006. I'm new here. I LOVE this site so much that I basically read this everyday. I might come up with my own joke thread before the end of the night.

I really look forward to being great friends with you guys here on the Anime Superhero Forums.

Otakuninja2006

This morning at 11 AM, it was announced that Sony Pictures has acquired 100% of Genius Brands International for $500 million dollars. Sony had previously held a 7% stake in the company. Sony has also announced a new kids division, currently called Sony Wonder after their old kids home entertainment division. Genius-owned properties like Baby Genius, Rainbow Rangers, and Stan Lee's Superhero Kindergarten, alongside subsidiary WOW Unlimited's properties such as ReBoot and Bravest Warriors, will help to bolster the new division, alongside Sony Pictures Animation properties Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and The Mitchells vs. the Machines, Silvergate Media series Hilda and Octonauts, select Crunchyroll series like Digimon and Dragon Ball Super, and kids' properties previously held by other Sony divisions separate from Sony Pictures, like Peanuts from Sony Music Entertainment Japan and Ratchet and Clank from Sony Interactive Entertainment.

In addition, Sony has announced plans to relaunch the Kartoon Channel(which was and still is planned to be merged with Ameba) with a currently unknown name, in order to avoid confusion with Cartoon Network. The new service will also launch a proper linear feed on the website and over-the-air television, as well as in international markets. The service will also create several new original animated series, the first of which is an animated anthology from Frederator like What a Cartoon for Cartoon Network and Oh Yeah Cartoons for Nickelodeon, which will be used as an "incubator" to launch other new animated series.
UPDATE: The network has just been given the name of Wonder Network, while the incubator has been given the name of “Wonder Cartoons”. A coproduction with FredFilms, the series is an animated anthology of 60 7-minute shorts(or 20 half-hour episodes) by a variety of different animators from around the world. Hot Pot Cartoons, another FredFilms incubator made up primarily of Chinese animators, will remain separate from this series. Other original series were announced, such as the action series Ghostbusters: Ecto Force and Alex of Athens and preschool adventure comedies Super Duper Molly Cooper.

As for acquisitions, Wonder has acquired the linear rights to Pokemon Journeys and Power Rangers Dino Fury season 2, as well as the total US distribution rights to all prior seasons of Pokemon and Power Rangers, alongside Gus the Itsy Bitsy Knight, Nate is Late, and the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise.

Most surprising of all is the reveal of adding classic children’s programming- old Peanuts specials, UPA and Screen Gems shorts, The Real Ghostbusters, ReBoot, The Three Stooges, and Speed Racer, to name a few- to a dedicated hub on the Wonder Network streaming service and a late night block on the linear channel. The streaming version will also inherit Gumby, Felix the Cat, Casper, and Popeye from Ameba, and talks have been made with Fox to bring Gumby over to the linear block. The possibility of Felix and Casper on the linear block have also arose, but have been dubbed “much less likely”, and Popeye(outside of public domain shorts) as “impossible”.
QUICK! Someone get this man a job at some big media company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts