"Spider-Man: Across/Beyond the Spider-Verse" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Frontier

Staff member
Phil Lord and Chris Miller on Across the Spider-Verse's delay.
Some things (especially great things) take time :).

Frontier

Staff member
Spot looking like a real threat here! He might get more to do than Tombstone or Scorpion :p.
More details on the footage shown at Annecy. Possible Spoilers. Other cast confirmations include Jorma Taccone as The Vulture and Shea Whigham as George Stacy.
So we're getting Earth-65 Vulture and finally Captain Stacy...I wonder what his relationship to Gwen is here :confused:?

"Laser Web?" - Is that a reference to Miguels cape :)?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Same man. I actually really liked Spot in that one episode of the 90's Spider Man he was in and actually thought he was a pretty powerful force potentially there but this has to be a spot who is probably a lot more confident and ruthless and yeah the ability to punch holes in the multi verse likely however he wants to will make him a pretty high profile force to go against. I admit I only know Jason Schwartzman from Scott Pilgrim vs the world but he played a good villain there (plus heh now over half the evil exs have played super heroes/villains from Marvel or DC in some form) so I'm sure he'll work here as a threat and allow for a lot of the reality warping we'll likely see in this film.

Ed Nygma

I hope they make The Spot really creepy and unworldly, with the holes moving and spiraling around constantly even when he's just sitting there. As only animation can do. I hope they don't go with an overly comedic vibe- which the casting of Jason Schwartzman does not bode well for- because it can be a scary character if done right. Too often I see them make villains laughing stocks if that was traditionally the way they were portrayed in the comics, and it's like, why? The Riddler need not always be a dweeb, he can be scary because when he has you in a death trap or the upper hand, he was power.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 20th Anniversary to the Disney Channel Bounce Era (2002-2007).

Want to give me the best birthday present EVER? Catch up on Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse at my site! And be sure to read it in order! If you sneak ahead for spoilers I'll give you SUCH a pinch!
It's muh burp-day!

Braaap!

That tasted better going down than coming up.
Halloween month is tomorrow!

Featured Posts