"Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
I think we've gotten the general sense that they'll be traveling through other dimensions, it just doesn't flow off the tongue as well in my opinion.

Roxas_Sora

"Across the Spider-Verse". Honestly, I would love if this movie could, somehow, solve the cliffhanger of the 90s animated series and show us Peter finding MJ and returning home.

Frontier

Staff member
This movie going to revive the Miles/Gwen ship again. Also Hailee Steinfeld once again in a Marvel production :p.

I wonder if Miles is grounded for plot relevant reasons...

So Miles is jumping around dimensions and fighting Miguel? Is that 2099 they're in at the end? Does Miguel have energy webbing o_O?

Also, "Part One?" Really banking on the franchise potential ;).

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I'm pretty excited for this. The first film was amazing, and this one at the very least promises to look just as good. Also, I really like Spider-Man 2099, so I'm glad they brought him back for this one.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Admittedly the Gwen/Miles banter though cute wasn't all too humorous (though the "is spider man grounded" line was great) and I do like how this is continuing right off of the first one though not sure what exactly the disaster is. I am really sold on this one for that fight across that other universe with Miguel O Hara's Spider Man 2099. Lot of neat trippy visuals. And yeah major kudos for the team deciding "you know what this is a story we need to tell in two parts." Honestly I have no problem when comic book movies like these do that because there a huge host of source material and ideas to take from and if this is involving the multiverse on a higher level then the first I get wanting to do two different movies off the bat. Spider Man Into The Spider Verse easily earns the trust of "you guys are more then welcome to do two more movies after" especially since that means that Spider Verse officially has more movies into production then Venom does right now which feels good.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Looks super phenomenal, it's crazy we're getting a 2 parter! We're spoiled silly, the production value is off the charts and their comments about pushing what was possible stylistically from before is apparent already. It's unreal. There's gonna be a lot of people learning about all kinds of cool and crazy Spidey's and hopefully becoming fans of their back-catalog and maybe see more of them. Imagine if they stick in past TV animated Spidey's for brief bits?

thisguyisnotcool

With this being a two-parter, I wonder what the Spider-Women spin-off situation is. This is a lot of Spider-Verse.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I thought about this as well. Perhaps they put on the back-burner? Miles getting a trilogy first probably made more sense to them

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to more alternate seeing Spideys in action again.

I wonder how long of a break there will be between these two movies. Presumably they're working on both concurrently since Part 2 is set for 2023, though I imagine there will still be at least a few months between their releases.

Frontier

Staff member
With this being a two-parter, I wonder what the Spider-Women spin-off situation is. This is a lot of Spider-Verse.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I wonder if that Spider-Women spinoff is still happening or might get folded into this. Either that or they introduce Silk and Jessica Drew in this one.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts