"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss the season!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Use this thread to discuss the new Spidey and His Amazing Friends animated series! The show premieres today on the Disney Channel (with a simulcast on Disney Junior), with 2 episodes at 9:00am and 9:25am EDT/PDT, respectively.

spidey.png
Spidey and His Amazing Friends
Synopsis
:
Marvel's Spidey and His Amazing Friends tells the story of Peter Parker, Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, who together form Team Spidey and embark on heroic adventures to protect their community. Geared towards preschoolers and their families, the series models the importance of teamwork and helping others and highlights themes of friendship, cooperation and problem-solving.
Marvel's Spidey and his Amazing Friends is produced by Disney Junior and Marvel Entertainment in association with Atomic Productions. Harrison Wilcox (Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest) is executive producer, and Steve Grover (Hello Ninja) is supervising producer. Chris Moreno (Disney Junior's Muppet Babies) and Chris Gilligan (Disney Junior's T.O.T.S.) serve as supervising director and consulting director, respectively.
The series voice cast includes Benjamin Valic (Sonic the Hedgehog) as Peter Parker, Lily Sanfelippo (Disney Junior's The Chicken Squad) as Gwen Stacy and Jakari Fraser (Ben Is Back) as Miles Morales.

Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Spidey to the Power of Three / Panther Patience"
Episode Debut
- August 6, 2021 at 9am on Disney Channel & Disney Junior

Spidey reminds Spin and Ghost-Spider to work as a team to track Rhino. / Spidey learns about patience when he and Black Panther must take down Doc Ock!

Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Superhero Hiccups / Lost and Found"
Episode Debut
- August 6, 2021 at 9:25am on Disney Channel & Disney Junior

Spin gets discouraged when his hiccups keep the team from stopping Green Goblin. / Spidey is in over his head when he has not one, not two, but three things to do in one night!

Comments?

We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Related Links
:
"Meet Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)
"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
"Marvel Super Hero Adventures" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
A Marvel cartoon with an actual, honest-to-goodness, theme song and intro! And it's catchy! And the animation is bright and colorful :D.

I really feel like Marvel's Spider-Man would have benefited from showing the Spider-Team just casually hanging out and having fun like this show does, and focusing more on building up the team dynamic if the show was actually going to have to have a team to begin with...

Aunt May reminds me of Jim Lake's mom from Trollhunters for some reason. Must be the glasses and looking so young ;).

I'm not going to bring up how nobody notices the giant super lab and headquaters in Peter Parker's backyard or how three pre-teens have such an extensive and large headquarters :p.

They seem to be emphasizing Gwen having detective skills here compared to the other cartoons. George Stacy raised his daughter well :).

They have a transformation sequence! With its own theme song! They even have solo versions, even though the song still mentions the other two! I wonder if we'll get solo transformations for Gwen and Miles :cool:?

This is probably the one Spider-Man cartoon with the least mention of the word "Spider-Man" in it. They all call him Spidey. Even the villains o_O.

So far it seems like we get one Spider-Team episode and one solo Peter episode or a Peter + guest hero episode. I wonder if they'll shake that formula up eventually :anime:.

Peter is starting to seem like a cat person, and I'm not talking about Black Cat :rolleyes2:.

Green Goblin is back and just Green Goblin! Doc Ock is in classic colors! Rhino is a guy in a rhino suit :proud:.

Black Panther's eye slits look kind of weird. Did they not want to model his face by giving him a retractable mask :confused:?

I feel like the Spider-Team did more to help Green Goblin get the sword than actually prevent him from getting it :(.

Tracy is adorable :elle:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out new Spidey and His Amazing Friends today at 9:00am on the Disney Channel with a re-run at 12:30pm EDT/PDT on Disney Junior!
spidey.png
Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Doc Ock’s Super Octopus / Attack of the Green Giggles"
Episode Debut - August 13, 2021 at 9am on Disney Channel & 12:30pm on Disney Junior

When Doc Ock’s growth serum is used on a baby octopus, the Spidey team must stop it from rampaging into the city. / When Green Goblin blasts goblin gas all over the city, Spidey and Ms. Marvel work together to ensure that he doesn’t have the last laugh.

Comments?

We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out new Spidey and His Amazing Friends today at 9:00am on the Disney Channel with a re-run at 12:30pm EDT/PDT on Disney Junior!
spidey.png
Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Bug in the System / Test Your Super Strength"
Episode Debut - August 20, 2021 at 9am on Disney Channel & 12:30pm on Disney Junior

Doc Ock sends her favorite octo-bot to infiltrate WEB-Quarters with a new invention that can steal everything Spidey’s ever invented. / Spidey reminds Hulk to use self-control after Rhino challenges him to a strength contest.

Comments?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's interesting how "Test Your Super Strength" was written by Josh Haber given how he wrote "School Of Hard Knocks" on Marvel's Spiderman. Even if just a one shot writer for both series, he's technically the first person who wrote on a Marvel cartoon to write for the series.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

spidey.png
Spidey and His Amazing Friends “Pecking Prankster Pigeons / Green Thumb”
Episode Debut - August 27, 2021 at 9am on Disney Channel & 12:30pm on Disney Junior

Green Goblin uses a remote to control the city’s pigeons so they will steal for him. / Green Goblin invents a weather machine to wreak havoc on the city.

Comments?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's not often you can say that you defeated the Green Goblin with drumsticks and yoyo tricks.

Frontier

Staff member
Two Green Goblin episodes in a row! And both times they show off his impressive tech. He's not Doc Ock, but Gobby is something of a scientist himself :cool:.

I just noticed now how they each have individualized web colors, with Peter having the normal color :D.

The cartoons sure seem to mine the Peter and Kamala partnership ;).

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
1. So I wonder if it's accurate to state that the show has the same regulation in place as the 1994 series about Spidey not being allowed to disturb pigeons.

2. The Green Goblin messing with the weather and no Itsy Bitsy Spider? 0 out of 10.;)*

*But no, seriously we have counting the shorts:

- Go Web Go
- Spidey hiding on the ceiling in his room. (S.O.S. Kitty)
- Gwen calling the Goblin, Green Meanie. (The Spidey Team)

If they ever work in the Alien Costume they could just make it an invention of Ock to turn Spidey into an incurable prankster, btw.

Maybe work in "Can Spidey come out to play?" and "Pizza time". Oh yeah, Spidey telling some kids to eat their vegetables.

I make no apology for my hope list:-D.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

spidey.png
Spidey and His Amazing Friends “Mother's Day Mayhem / Not-So-Fun House”
Episode Debut - September 3, 2021 at 9am on Disney Channel & 12:30pm on Disney Junior

Doc Ock's escape from jail interrupts the Spidey Team's Mother's Day picnic. / Miles must make big decisions to save his mom from Green Goblin's not-so-fun-funhouse.

Comments?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Mother's Day Mayhem introduces Gwen's mother Detective Stacy. I was wondering if she's either an existing character or created for the show. As it turns out, she's apparently an existing character, Helen Stacy (though she's only referred to as Detective Stacy). She apparently also appeared in The Amazing Spiderman 2 (at least from what I looked up), and seems to be her only other appearance.

Frontier

Staff member
What did Doc Ock have against Mother's Day? Did her mom do something to her :oops:?

That was a pretty spacious jail cell...

Never thought I'd see Rio Morales beat Green Goblin :cool:.
Mother's Day Mayhem introduces Gwen's mother Detective Stacy. I was wondering if she's either an existing character or created for the show. As it turns out, she's apparently an existing character, Helen Stacy (though she's only referred to as Detective Stacy). She apparently also appeared in The Amazing Spiderman 2 (at least from what I looked up), and seems to be her only other appearance.
It seems like they gender-flipped George Stacy in terms of how they used Gwen's mom, right down to him having an accent like Captain Stacy in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or Amazing Spider-Man movies. Because I guess you couldn't do a Mother's Day episode if Gwen had a single dad :p.

Also doubly hilarious when you think of the fact that she's voiced by Kari Wahlgren who voiced Gwen in the Amazing Spider-Man tie-in game and voiced Mary Jane in the Spider-Man 3 tie-in game ;).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
She also voiced Carolyn Trainer (a female Doc Ock) on Marvel's Spiderman, so that's another Spiderman connection for her.

On a different note, I noticed how both "Test Your Super Strength" and "Not So Fun House" are both Josh Haber episodes taking place at some kind of amusement park. I guess he likes amusement parks.

Antiyonder

Staff member
What did Doc Ock have against Mother's Day? Did her mom do something to her :oops:?

Guess she assumed her mom was more concerned at being a surrogate parent to that Ben Reilly boy than giving her nurturing.;)

Also doubly hilarious when you think of the fact that she's voiced by Kari Wahlgren who voiced Gwen in the Amazing Spider-Man tie-in game and voiced Mary Jane in the Spider-Man 3 tie-in game ;).

Kind of close to say Annette O'Toole playing Lana in Superman III and then Martha Kent in Smallville.

Also just to anyone reading in general:
1. So I wonder if any or all of the moms will find out about their kids being Spiders or there will be a reveal of them knowing and keeping it to themselves.

2. Good thing that there aren't any newspaper publishers in-universe who have the name Green Meanie copyrighted or they would be seeing 10 cents total from the team.:D

Wonder if that will be something to count.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Guess she assumed her mom was more concerned at being a surrogate parent to that Ben Reilly boy than giving her nurturing.;)

Kind of close to say Annette O'Toole playing Lana in Superman III and then Martha Kent in Smallville.

Also just to anyone reading in general:
1. So I wonder if any or all of the moms will find out about their kids being Spiders or there will be a reveal of them knowing and keeping it to themselves.

2. Good thing that there aren't any newspaper publishers in-universe who have the name Green Meanie copyrighted or they would be seeing 10 cents total from the team.:D

Wonder if that will be something to count.
I did kind of wonder to myself if they already knew and just weren't trying to be obvious about it...

Antiyonder

Staff member
I did kind of wonder to myself if they already knew and just weren't trying to be obvious about it...
Considered it and in the interest of respecting said secret May for example probably wouldn't talk to the other two about it. It would really be ironic if Mommy Stacy didn't suspect the fact.

Maybe if they have a total of 400 shorts (5 or 11 minutes) we'll see such a reveal. ;)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

spidey.png
Spidey and His Amazing Friends “Camping Conundrum/The Great Green Crime Spree"
Episode Debut - September 10, 2021 at 9am on Disney Channel & 12:30pm on Disney Junior

The Spidey Team goes camping with Miles’ dad, only to find that the Old Dam is cracking and threatening to flood the park. / When Green Goblin pins a crime spree on Hulk, Spidey and Ghost Spider must prove his innocence.

Comments?

Frontier

Staff member
Was that James Monroe Igelhart as Jefferson Morales? That's a surprise. Well, that and for once Miles' parents are both alive in a cartoon show :p.

Hey, they used the trio's camping outfits in the transformation sequence :D.

An episode without a villain and a villain team-up episode :).

Hulk framed for a crime? Someone call General Ross and the Hulkbusters :cool:.

Oh, I guess all the heroes know about the Spidey team's secret base....

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts