"Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection" Talkback (Spoilers)

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From back when multiplayer online games were all about fun, and not lootbox/pay-to-win mechanics!

Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection

header.jpg

Developer: Aspyr
Publisher: Embracer Group
Release Date: March 14th, 2024

Synopsis:

"Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection, which sees the beloved Star Wars Battlefront (2004) and Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) introduced to a new generation, has arrived for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam for $35.01, Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection features restored online play for up to 64 players, expansions to Hero Assault mode, and all previously released bonus content for both titles. Steam users will also enjoy Steam Deck support.

Announced during Nintendo Direct on February 21 and coming from developer Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games, Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection includes a galaxy of content inspired by the original and prequel trilogies, from famous battles across Episodes I-VI, to playable heroes and villains like Asajj Ventress, Darth Vader, and more, to unique modes and challenges. See below for a full breakdown of features, including previously console-exclusive extras now included on all platforms"

Anyone pick up this game yet?

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"The Launch Of The "Star Wars: Battlefront” Port Turns A 'Classic' Into A 'Crying Shame'"​

Star-Wars-Battlefront-1.jpg

"At the recent Nintendo Direct Partners Showcase in February, one of the most buzz generating reveals was a port of the original “Star Wars: Battlefront” games from the early 2000’s. Dubbed the “Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection”, the game is a port of “Battlefront I and II” from 2004 and 2005. In recent years, the “Battlefront” name became synonymous with the Star Wars games released by publisher “EA”, which were criticized for their lack of content and their “loot boxes” (aka “pay to win” mechanics).

The idea of a return to the original “Battlefront” games (fueled by nostalgia for the early years of online multi-player), set hopes high for the release of the collection. On March 14th, those hopes were dashed as the game was released to numerous technical issues. With over 10,000 players reportedly trying to play the multiplayer game on launch night, the servers were overwhelmed, with initially only 200 players approximately being able to play at a time. Beyond that, numerous glitches and game breaking issues have been reported, such as severe lag and the game crashing repeatedly."

Read the full article here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts