Streaming availabilities of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Equestria Girls, Best Gift Ever and Rainbow Roadtrip are limited -- but why?

FirePuppy

By the looks of it, these My Little Pony installments are harder to find on legal streaming compared to all of Hasbro's other shows. Here's what I know so far:
  1. The show was once available on The Roku Channel, but it's not there anymore as of this past April.
  2. Five of the show's nine seasons are STILL airing on Discovery Family, which really annoys me now.
  3. Seasons 5-8 were removed from Netflix, but Seasons 1-4 are still there, and Season 9 alone is on Hulu, which is currently the only way you can stream these seasons.
  4. Only two Equestria Girls movies are on Pluto TV. The rest of that series is somewhat harder to find on streaming, especially some of the short episodes on YouTube that were set to private two years ago, and the removal of Discovery Family GO this past May.
  5. Best Gift Ever can only be found on iTunes.
  6. Rainbow Roadtrip can only be found on The Roku Channel and Pluto TV.
What in the WORLD is going on with Hasbro refusing to release everything G4 on streaming, especially the "Friendship is Forever" clip shows?

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
If NBCUniversal purchased Hasbro, I could see all the G4 stuff going to Peacock.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
I had no idea MLP FIM seasons 5-8 were removed from Netflix. That seems like an arbitrary thing.

I also never understood why season 9 was never put on Netflix. I had to buy it on its own which kinda annoyed me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts