"Teen Titans" Movie Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
At first, it was a shocker this one is being made. But considering how long it's been in media consecutively (e.g. Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, the live action streaming series), it does makes sense the big screen is the next place for a TT project. Plus, if the DCU is going to have an older Batman with Damian - it would make sense for a Teen Titans to already exist. Curious if a former Robin operating under a new code name will be a member or will whomever they cast as Damian will also show up here similar to the Tuckerverse DTVs arc.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I'm partial to the Wolfman/Perez NTT, but I guess I need to stop living in the past (unless the movie is going to be set in the 1980s).
Yep it's true, the issue with all the Titans runs after Wolfman/Perez was how they constantly tried to copy it, the reason I'm enjoying the current run so much is because it is starting to do something more original.

Frontier

Staff member
A part of me thinks they're jumping the gun a little doing the Titans so soon into this new movie universe...even knowing full well they're one of DC's most recognizable and popular IP's.

But I'm expecting it'll probably be this in live-action form:

where-do-these-dudes-come-from-like-these-teen-titans-what-v0-gpvulgauw2d91.jpg

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Teen Titans Movie Now In Development At DC Studios"​

6xqgxkv3.jpg

"We now know what the next DC movie under James Gunn’s leadership will be. Superman and Supergirl will get their own separate pictures and soon after, so will the Teen Titans. Note that we don’t know if this will be a connected part of Gunn’s DCU or its own separate “Elseworlds” continuity, but the latter is less likely. Ana Nogueira, who was assigned to write the Supergirl script, has also been given script duties for this one.

The Teen Titans property has had a wild ride over the decades and means different things to different people. The original incarnation, introduced in the 1960s, was simply a super-team of sidekicks from more popular superhero books and wasn’t that successful. It was the reinvention of the Titans in the early 80s by Marv Wolfman and George Perez that made people take notice, and the book reached #1 on the sales charts."

Read the full article here.

the greenman

A part of me thinks they're jumping the gun a little doing the Titans so soon into this new movie universe...even knowing full well they're one of DC's most recognizable and popular IP's.

But I'm expecting it'll probably be this in live-action form:

where-do-these-dudes-come-from-like-these-teen-titans-what-v0-gpvulgauw2d91.jpg
I have a sneaking suspicion that is correct, but I too have more of a love for the NTT. It's similar to how I feel about X-Men, I may want to see them adapt the core 60's team, but the X-Men from Claremont, Wein, and Cockrum is so iconic, it almost has to exist.

Honestly, on that note I have always supported a full on reboot with that specific team (remember that Giant Size X-Men plot had Prof X on a rescue mission for Jean, Iceman, Angel, Polaris, and Havoc). Only using Logan, Storm, banshee, Sunfire, Colossus and Thunderbird. Also, most of them could not speak English, so Prof X was psychically linking them all. Now, that would make a great film.

Sorry, but with TT, they really should do an excellent trilogy.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Not sure how I've only just heard of Too Close for Comfort; so it's a sitcom where Ted Knight plays a cartoonist? Based on a British sitcom I've somehow also never heard of?? With a Garfield themed episode guest staring Jim Davis?!?

Featured Posts