Television idents you miss

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Since Fox UK is about to close, I'm going to add the 2005 FX and 2013-2019 Fox idents to the list.

Countdown to Fox UK's closure, day 3 - all Fox UK idents except 2019-2021.

I wish Fox Hungary used the 2013 idents instead of the 2012 USA ones. They look more creative.

Francisque

Yeah, Fox UK (but in general most British operation) is often very creative, going back to the FX idents

These were made 3Dish later (in my opinion, uglified):

Between 2005-2009 they had these:

Not bad either, although they had to be zoomed (since they were not 16:9);when the HD channel launched, which initially was not a simulcast of the SD operation, but had its own, advert-free, schedule, for the first year

The "FX HD" channel (when HD was a big thing) retained the FX HD idents even when it became a simulcast one year later, retaining even its own presentation in general, even if the schedule was the same
If I remember correctly, it was because the FX HD channel was played out by Sky, while the SD channel was not

The "FX HD" identity was finally dropped, when the SD channel switched to widescreen (don't remember when), making the SD operation a defacto downscaling of the HD operation.

Somehow similarly, even the Fox Italian channel took some time to go widescreen, even after the launch of the HD channel

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
What I miss, is about the idents for Venezuela's entertainment leader: VENEVISION

First was the rare bumpers, there's one that introduced the famous "V and crest" logo and its mascot the "Trigito" to the world. Then the one that I mostly cared about was the highly-expensive CGI used for the bumpers in the early-90s to early-2000 that still we miss. Still, I still reside in a country when VV likes to block archive video featuring their IP due to piracy……the only hope that Venezuelans living in America have to watch VV is through DirecTV…..and many different vhs tapes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
I miss the Program Exchange indent that came after early-morning reruns of Garfield and Friends in syndication:
As I started the thread, everyone can list only television CHANNEL idents. The one you miss is a CLOSING LOGO (I don't and won't call production logos as idents).

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I miss the old MTV and Nick at Nite bumpers from back in the day (I was a teenager in the 1980s, btw). In the case of the latter, sometimes Silverstar and I would watch N@N just to see what bumper would be shown before the start of the program.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
HA!, Viacom's first comedy network, didn't last very long (it only existed from April 1, 1990 to June 1991), and our local cable provider never carried it (by the time we finally received it the network had already merged with HBO's Comedy Channel to become Comedy Central), but they had some cool idents and bumpers. I saw some of them when HA! debuted since its' launch was simulcast on all of the other Viacom channels.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts